DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question

b0n3s212

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the first time that Rand channeled? Even if it was unconsciously because I know he channeled at the Eye of the World, but I could swear he did it before then accidentally. I read somewhere that he channeled in ch. 20, but when I re-read the chapter I couldn't see where. So, anyways I know it is a weird and pretty much irrelevant question, but it is bugging me to no end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hmm, didn't click the link, but to answer the question the best of my ability, I believe in the run from the Two Rivers, when Bela didn't fall behind. Moraine said she should have suspected something when Bela didn't need her, or something along those lines.

Yup...that would be correct (also not clicking on the link which is blocked by my company's firewall)  The resulting incident in Baerlon with the Whitecloaks is the resulting first effects of channeling that he experiences as he learned to control in subconsciously and thus not die.

Does anyone know how accurate it actually is?  There were some things in there that I thought might be assumptions or opinions, but I might be wrong.

RJ always stated that the FAQ are 1/3 truth, 1/3 somewhat true, and 1/3 completely wrong.

RJ was actually talking about the WoTFAQ, not the wotmania version, when he made that comment.

That being said, some of the stuff the wotmania site had did seem very loose. As far as I personally hold, here is the sequence of Rand's channeling and subsequent side-effects...

1. Healing Bela - giddy confidence with the whitecloaks. Seven days.

2. Moving the beam to hit the Trolloc on Domon's boat - the boat of over-confidence and climbing on Domons boat. Five days.

3. The lightning strike in the Four Kings - fever and chills in (Market Sheran?). Two Days.

4. Fight with Aginor - Memory loss. Instantaneous.

RJ was actually talking about the WoTFAQ, not the wotmania version, when he made that comment.

I assumed that was the FAQ he was talking about since the link doesnt work for me.  I don't really go on Wotmania as their formatting blows (sorry its true) so I've never seen their FAQ.

Archived