DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Thoughts/Question

b0n3s212

Sorry, for making a new topic if this has been posted before - I am new to the boards as you can see.

Is anyone else besides me not to keen on the whole, "lets share Rand" situation. I mean I am just not a fan of the whole sharing thing. I would much more prefer it if he ended up with only one of them. So, my question is: Is there any evidence or speculation that would say Rand would end up with only one of the woman who loves him? And if there is which woman would it be pointing too?

-Thanks in advance for your time in responding to my question.

As far as I can tell, and hope, Rand's love life will take a bit of a backseat to TG. Though I believe Min's viewing is evidence enough that Rand is stuck with the three of them.

However I don't see them all 4 marrying and settling down together. Their work is more important.

I don't remember ever hearing that Rand would marry all three, just love all three. Personally, if he marries any of them (which I doubt for some reason) I think it will be Min. The other two seem to have more life outside of Rand's circle of influence and so Min "needs" him more.

Just my tuppence worth. Can I get change?

He'll stay with them all. Not really the sort of thing I'd want to do myself, or am really fond of, but here it makes sense. He's strong/able enough to deal with the problems of the entire continent... so that means he has at least a tiny chance of dealing with 3 women without slitting his wrists. Add to that the fact that all 3 girls are described as finger lickin' good. If things get too bad he's strong enough to shield, bind, and gag all 3.

Things will be better once the New and Improved Three Oaths are sworn by all AS...

1) I shall only sex on Rand.

2) I <3 giving BJs!

3) I <3 sex and never have a headache!

And THAT is how the Age of Legends will come again. :D

Min's viewing said that he would love three women, and they would love him. Elayne and Aviendha will have his babies. Min has never been wrong when she knew what her viewing meant.

Well, since Elayne is supposed to have his babies, as well as Aviendha, that would mean that something would happen to Elayne, and he would move onto Aviendha. Or it could mean that they would all have on odd relationship with one another and are ok with that sort of thing...? I wish I could know what would happen with Min because out of the 3 woman I am a fan of Min and Rand together.

Things will be better once the New and Improved Three Oaths are sworn by all AS...

1) I shall ... Rand.

2) I <3 giving ...

3) I <3 ...headache!

And THAT is how the Age of Legends will come again. Cheesy

PG-13 zshadez?  Comments like these are disrespectful to women, and I think exemplify some of the issues that many readers have with Rand's harem of three.  Min, Elayne, and Avhienda are complex characters and in most respects examples of normal women, that is except for their willingness to share a man among them.  While it might be the adolescent dream of many men to be in such a situation, it implies something about the self-worth of any woman who would countenance such an arrangement.  It is not alright for any man to judge his worth by the extent that he can subjegate women, and likewise it is unfortunate when a woman demeans herself by allowing it. 

With that said, I've always justified this relationship by the fact that it seems that it was pre-destined by the pattern, that all parties involved seem content, and that none of them seems to value their own worth in relationship to their relationship.  Where there is no fault there is no foul, if they are happy, more power to them.

PG-13 zshadez?  Comments like these are disrespectful to women, and I think exemplify some of the issues that many readers have with Rand's harem of three.  Min, Elayne, and Avhienda are complex characters and in most respects examples of normal women, that is except for their willingness to share a man among them.  While it might be the adolescent dream of many men to be in such a situation, it implies something about the self-worth of any woman who would countenance such an arrangement.  It is not alright for any man to judge his worth by the extent that he can subjegate women, and likewise it is unfortunate when a woman demeans herself by allowing it. 

With that said, I've always justified this relationship by the fact that it seems that it was pre-destined by the pattern, that all parties involved seem content, and that none of them seems to value their own worth in relationship to their relationship.  Where there is no fault there is no foul, if they are happy, more power to them.

Thanks for your input there because this was a big issue for me throughout the story. However, I never looked at in that light and it has made me think a bit better about the situation. I suppose since it seems like the relationship was pre-destined by the pattern, it makes me feel a bit better about it overall.

Plus it isn't as if Rand wanted it. He was disgusted with himself for loving all three. In the event that Elayne died I doubt he would just go on with Aviendha, he would still love Min just as much. And who's to say Min won't have Rand's babies, she cannot view herself.

Plus it isn't as if Rand wanted it. He was disgusted with himself for loving all three. In the event that Elayne died I doubt he would just go on with Aviendha, he would still love Min just as much. And who's to say Min won't have Rand's babies, she cannot view herself.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for Min having Rand's babies, but that just seems a little excessive to me... 3 woman all having kids with him. I guess if they are all one odd happy family it will work itself out.

Archived