DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Out for Some Practice (open)

Kass

Raylin laughed happily as Jena splashed her playfully, and she couldn't resist splashing back.  Soon with many screams and much laughter the two were in a pitched battle with no holds barred.  Raylin was surprised at how well Jena swam, as most city people she'd met had been lacking a bit in that department. She supposed it was because Ebou Dar was on the water.

After about 10 minutes of playing around splashing the girls finally calmed down and Raylin, with a smile of pure delight on her face, laid back to let herself float on the water. She looked over at Jena and noticed that she was staring openly at Raylin's body for the first time that day. She arched her back slightly in the water under Jena's gaze as she finally floated close to her where she was treadign water.

"I know what it is I want for my forfeit Jena.  And I think perhaps you know what it is too. But it's nothing I'd ever require of you. But if it's ever something you want as well, I'm here."

Jena stared at Raylin's body trying to understand just what it was that she had felt there on shore but still couldn't place it. It was frustrating her to no end. Then Raylin said something about the winnings of the contest. Jena looked at Raylin questioningly, but a small voice in the back of her head was yelling at her to just open to her eyes once again to what she had glimpsed on the shore, but Jena was stubborn, dead stubborn. So instead of listening she moved closer to Raylin.

"Oh just tell me the forfeit. I'll give it to you, you should know that. This suspense is killing me," she said openly, as her eyes and body were showing at the moment. A light, friendly smile rested on her lips easily. She had the look of pure innocence all over her at the moment.

Raylin floated there for a moment considering Jena's words. There were many things she wanted to say, and many things she wanted to do, but she decided to go for the simplest of them.

Rolling over in the water she came to float in front of Jena, so close their bodies touched under the water, Raylin looked deeply into Jena's eyes once more and her voice was very low and sultry now as she spoke. "I could get lose in those eyes forever, and I hope to have many chances in my life to do so. But that's not what I want for my forfeit.  This is what I want."

And with that Raylin wrapped her arms around Jena, pulling her close, her hands stroking her back as she pulled her in for a kiss.  After what seemed like an eternity, but was only a few minutes, raylin pulled her face away but continued to hold the girl.

"Now hopefully that wasn't too horrible for you."

Jena was surprised at Raylins comments about here eyes but it was nothing compared to the shock that came afterwards. Raylin kissed her, and Jena fell into it for what might have seemed for an eternity. When she finally surfaced. Her body seemed frozen, not rigid, just shocked. She could do nothing, think nothing. She looked up at Raylin the shock visible on her face.

"That was the foriet you wanted?" she asked, what had just happened just clicking into place in her mind.

Jena looked closely at Raylin and saw that it was truly what Raylin had wanted. Jena thought for a moment her head cocked slightly to the side, then a large, daring smile flashed onto her face.

"Then I guess your hoping for more," she said as she reached up and grabbed some of Raylin's hair pulling the other woman's face down to hers and, kissed her.

Raylin started to giggle but it was quickly stifled as Jena's mouth bet hers once more in an eager kiss. Raylin met the kiss just as eagerly, their bodies pressing close together beneath the water. Raylin wanted more, and felt an echo of that desire in Jena. They quickly became lost in each other.

OOC: The old dot-dot-dot. Classy huh? :D

IC: Eventually the two women came to rest on the bank again under the tree, still nude, the older woman holding the smaller one in her arms, stroking her hair and skin.

"Well beautiful, that was certainly worth all the effort I put in to today." She laughed softly as she continued. "But perhaps you won't make me work so hard in the future?  We should be going soon though," she continued, looking up at the sun. "After all, I still have to start your real training with me."

OoC: lol :D

IC: Jena smiled easily up at Raylin. Jena looked up at the sky at the mention of time and stretched. She then slid out of Raylins arms to put her clothes on. Before she mounted Gamble she smiled at Raylin, her eyes sparkling.

"Maybe I'll make you work harder next time," she said with a playful laugh as she waited for Raylin to mount up.

Raylin smiled fondly at Jena as she dressed and mounted her horse. She felt very fond of the girl even before this, but now it was even more so. She rose lazily, stretching because she knew Jena would be enjoying the view. Finally she pulled her clothes back on and went to join Jena. Jena sat easily, not yet with her feet in the stirrups, and Raylin used that to her advantage.

"Work harder?" she asked. Planting her foot in the stirrup she used it to lift herself up higher and pulled Jena in for another kiss. "I'll work as hard as I have to, but" she continued with a grin, "I don't think you can resist me."

Letting herself back down she quickly sprang onto Raven's back and the two women began riding back toward the Citadel.

"We'll get you a bow from the armory when we get back, and then we'll see what you are able to do already." She gave a little wink, remembering well what the little woman was capable of doing.

IC: Jena smiled at Raylin after the kiss.

"You might be surprised at my forbarence," she replied.

She laughed softly at Raylin's wink.

OoC: If you want to continue from here go ahead, or if you want or feel like having Raylin teach Jena the bow around now you or I can post a new topic. Or if you want to wait a while, I am open to anything.

-Kass ;)

OOC: I think we can go ahead and continue to use this thread for now. :)  It's still the same chapter so to speak.

IC: Raylin laughed again at Jena's comment, then heeled Raven to a walk as she led the way back toward the Citadel.  Looking beside her at Jena she couldn't help but smile softly at her as she sat atop her horse. It was obvious from the way she rode that she was close with the horse.

"Last one to the front gate buys drinks at the tavern tonight!" she called out suddenly.

Laughing at the startled look on Jena's face she leaned into Raven's neck and dug in, and the horse shot forward as fast as he could. It didn't take Jena long to recover though and soon she was galloping as well. At first Raylin stayed in the lead, but it didn't last long. Soon enough Jena caught up, and then passed. Her horse was a true racer.

In what seemed like no time at all Jena reined her horse short of the gates, a good 10 seconds before Raylin was able to get there.  Grinning, she moved Raven close to the other horse and leaned in to give Jena a kiss.

"I guess drinks are on me tonight beautiful."

The two of them moved into the Citadel and took their horses to the stable, then Jena met Raylin back at the Armory where Raylin helped her pick out a nice short horsebow to use, then the two of them walked to the archery range.

"Now first of all dearest," Raylin said as they prepared, Jena testing the draw of the bow and Raylin sticking 4 arrows point down in the dirt. "Don't be discouraged if you aren't very good to start. It's only natural. The bow can be tricky to figure out, but I know you'll be able to do it. Before we start though, do you have any questions?"

Jena laughed as Raylin proposed a race. She instantly reacted with long years of practice that became nearly unbreakable habit. She crouhed low, as she only ever would when racing, and gave Gamble a quick squeeze. The horse reacted eagerly and Jena gave him his head. She quickly passed Raylin, her laughter hanging in the air behind her. Jena had loved what she had done for a living back in Ebou Dar. All to soon the race was at an end an Jena eased Gamble to a halt. His ears were pricked forward and his eyes looked eagerly instead of fearfully at the town crowded with humanity. She, ofcourse, smiled to herself when Raylin kissed her.

When they went to put the horses back into their stalls, she gave gamble a good grooming. He had been a very good boy, especially considering what he had been through. Now, she found herself with a bow and with no idea what she was supposed to do. Then, Raylin asked if Jena had any questions.

"Well, before we start, I will have to admit to you that you were at a dissadvantage durring the race. I was a successful jockey back home, so you don't have to worry about paying for the drinks tonight. It wouldn't be fair to you if you did. Now, as for the bow, what do I do? I don't have the faintest idea on how these work, well next to that you pull the string back to shoot the arrow," Jena said a slight blush painting her cheeks.

Raylin chuckled softly as Jena protested Raylin paying for the drinks. "It was my bet, and I lost it fair dear.  I might not have the fastest horse in the stable, but I can tell when one is built for speed.  I knew you would win.  I just wanted an excuse to take you out tonight," she added with a wink.

"As for the bow, knowing you pull the string back is at least a start." Raylin couldn't help but grin. "We'll start with some basics things, the first being that if you take care of the bow, it will take care of you."

The two spent the next few minutes going over how to keep the string protected, as well as the fletchings on the arrows. Also how to watch our for signs of stress on the bow that could cause breaks. Finally though she felt it was time to move on to actually shooting.

She stood behind Jena and lined her up in front of the target, a bulls-eye on a hay bale at 50 paces. She reached her arms around Jena and took hold of her hands, showing her how to hold the bow, and aim it, whisoering the instructions into her ear. At first she knew Jena was distracted, but Raylin could tell when she finally got hold of herself again and paid attention.

Finally she stepped away. "Alright beautiful, let's see what you can do with your first time."

Jena sighed and let the topic rest on winning the bet. As Raylin showed her what to do and whispered into her ear, Jena was distracted by memories of her brother doing similar things and describing just what would happen if she didn't do as he recommended. Her brother had never been cruel, just truthful. Jena tried to concentrate though, and was able to get the basics down, but some of the detail slipped.

Jena felt nervousness flutter in her belly, when Raylin told her to give it a try, but she crushed it quickly. She took a deep breath and pulled the string back to her eye and focused on the target before letting the arrow fly.

Raylin smiled Fondly at Jena as she braced herself and took her first shots. She fired all four arrows as Raylin had shown her, showing good reflexes despite her inexperience. The arrows still flew wide of their mark of course, but it was actually a better showing then Jena probably thought it was.  Going to fetch the arrows Raylin jogged back to Jena and began to give her some tips, once again using the excuse of helping her position her grip and aim the bow to wrap her arms around the girl.

She continued to whisper softly her instructions, occaisonally nibbling Jena's ear as she did so. Yet other then a couple of rueful grins on Jena's part she didn't let herself get distracted, and Raylin was proud of her for that.

The next two volleys still missed the target, except for one that glanced off the bottom, but Raylin made sure to praise her on how well her technique was developing.  Finally after another two hours of practice Raylin called things to a halt. She plucked the arrow from the outer ring of the target. Two of them had actually hit and stuck this time, and one had hit but glanced off. Very good for a beginner.

Jogging back to Jena, Taylin slipper her arm around the girl's waist and smiled down at her.

"You've done very good for today. You might not think so, but you did. We can work on it more tonight if you want, or tomorrow morning again. I usually have my mornings free from any duties. But remember, we have a date tonight. But for now, I have my own practice to do with my trainer, and you probably have duties to go about.  Anything you want to ask me before we part?"

OOC: As for the date, we can either wait on that until Estel is ready for her RP with us, or we can start a new date night thread. Either way works with me. :)

OoC: I'm also good with any time, but we could post and then, if Estel is ready, she can always join in. BUt, like I said, I am up for anything.

IC:

"Mornings would be best for me. I have fewer duties then, and I can't think of any questions right now. If I think of any I will be sure to aske you them tonight," Jena said in reply to Raylin's questions.

"Ok beautiful, it sounds like a plan to me then," replied Raylin with a smile. Leaning down she wrapped her hands in Jena's hair and pulled her close, kissing her soundly before finally letting her go to catch her breath. "I'll see you tonight, and I promise I'll wear something special for you." With one more quick kiss and a wink, Raylin grabbed her gear and headed off to her barracks. Turning around once more when she got there, she gave a wave to Jena, then vanished inside.

OOC: I talked to Estel last night and she said she's not ready yet for that RP. So for now we can leave this thread as done. If you want to actually RP a date thread for these two, that could be fun. :) But we don't have to.  PM me and let me know.