DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tattoos & Training Pt 2 ~Vera~

Guest Arie Ronshor

Guest Arie Ronshor

Ooc: Post on the last thread so I can report it complete. Then we can start tackling this one. :)

She slept well that night, and found herself waking up early and in quite a good mood. Although rare, she reveled in it. Picking herself out of bed, folding the sheets, showering, dressing, she headed into the Mess Hall for a good strong cup of Tea. Two, three bags extra in the largest porcelains mug that she could find, her day felt very lucky.

It felt lucky, but she knew better. The day would be far from uneventful, and she knew why. Vera was to meet her in the yard, hopefully dressed accordingly, to continue her training for the day. Taking one last sip of her tea, Cairma refilled the cup with more water and took it with her out into the yard. Leaning against the fence at the appointed place of meeting, Cairma sipped her tea in the early morning and waited for the Gray to enter. Light hope Jaz and Aran leave her alone this time.

Cairma Vishnu

Tower Guard

• 1 month later...

The place Cairma had instructed her towards was not a difficult one to find. The directions were clear and the way of the Yard, organised. For a person who had only been in her training garb twice in her life, she thought she was adjusting reasonably well. For one, there were no strange Guards cooing at her as she floundered through the unfamiliar stretches. The second thing she found curious was the road Cairma’s instructions led her down- walking through the training grounds as she was, Vera was not surprised to find that others had risen before her and were already in the depths of training. There were a few like her who were merely starting up, Aes Sedai or Accepted she knew through vague threads of acquaintance.

There were others however, who held a more dangerous quality to their steps. Beads of sweat were already trickling down their necks and faces and most had a person standing by, watching and frequently directing. Was Cairma trying to show her that this was what was expected of her? Vera doubted she would ever reach the lengths of those who had trained for so much longer, but if she could master a semblance of the grace other Aes Sedai had around weapons, she would be content. She had never been an ambitious creature, but the need to defend herself was far beyond being able to impress her supposed ‘peers’. Quickening her pace, Vera moved past the final turning.

She spotted her mentor instantly. Smiling as she breezed up to her, Vera greeted the Tower Guard with a cheerful hello. “As summoned,” she finished with a smile.

• 1 month later...
Guest Arie Ronshor

"Good morning, Vera Sedai." Cairma greeted in return. It was a good morning to start of their day and they had been blessed with sunshine and the hints of a warmer afternoon to follow. Taking a moment to pass of the weapons she had procured for the Aes Sedai the day before, "As promised. I do hope these were what you had in mind. They were not hard to find and I hope they will work as you wish. I will show you them later."

"Today will probably the most difficult for you. Tomorrow will be even worse. We will be working to build up the muscles you will need to move when holding a weapon. Do not think for a moment that you are in decent shape. You would be surprised as to which muscles you actually do not use."  Cairma lead the way to a track that stretched a good ways around the Yard. Many were already claiming use of the tracks, and to her relief neither Aran nor Jaz were anywhere in sight. No doubt if they were starting any bit later they would have found any excuse to make a simple lesson more difficult. Or at the very least, longer than she intended at first.

After showing Vera Sedai a number of warm up stretches, Cairma took to the track. "Start out a pace that you feel comfortable with. Don't push yourself too fast today, but get into a comfortable gait. We are looking for endurance, not speed. I will keep beside you at that pace to keep you from falling behind. When you simply can not run any more, let me know and we will pause for stretching than take a few more runs again. Ready?"

Cairma Vishnu

Tower Guard