DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Rand, Mat, and Perrin connecton

SilverStar

First off I have had this theory for a while now and I haven't seen that one else has posted it so I decided to, so here goes.

I think that there is more to the connection between Rand, Mat, and Perrin than that they are all three Ta'veren and came from the same town.  I think that all three of them are a part of Lews Therin.  Rand got his Channeling, Mat got Lews Therin's battle smarts and Perrin, well who is to say that Lews Therin wasn't a wolfbrother as well.  They all three seem to complement each other, and even Min said that Rand needed to have them around him.

I also think that Min, Elayne and Aviendha are all three a part of Ilyena reincarnated.  I think that is a main reason why they are so willing to share him.  I think that deep down their souls recognize each other.

It seems as though Robert Jordan had a thing for threes, that is what really makes this theory make sense to me. Twelve books split that in to four and you have three.  Three women in love with one man. Third age. Elayne is going to have two babies, Aviendha is going to have four, two plus four is six; six divided by two is three. Three Ta’veren from the same village, three levels to Aes Sedai, Novice, Accepted, and Aes Sadai.  Three levels of Asha’man, Soldier, Dedicated, and Asha’man.  Three wolfbrothers when before they were almost unheard of.  3000 years since the breaking.  Three people being healed after being stilled/gentled.  Three cities that Rand concurred, Tear, Cairhein, and Caemlym.  The three oaths.   The three rings in the tower for the testing to be raised Aes Sedai, the three rings in Rhuidean.  Three names for Rand, Dragon Reborn, He Who Comes with the Dawn, the Comadoor.  Three Questions and three wishes from the Eelfinn and Aelfinn.

I really doubt that.

Mat gets his battle knowledge from all the men who entered the world of the finn. They filled the holes in his memory, just not with his own.

Rand has LLT in his head, the others don't. if your theory were true id see no reason for them not to as well.

I've always thought of Perrin being King Aemon (the last king of Manetheren) reborn. I also got the impression wolfbrother's known in the AoL, that they were from a time before that. I can't recall but i vaugly remember one of the forsaken knowing nothing about it.

I really doubt that.

Mat gets his battle knowledge from all the men who entered the world of the finn. They filled the holes in his memory, just not with his own.

Rand has LLT in his head, the others don't. if your theory were true id see no reason for them not to as well.

I've always thought of Perrin being King Aemon (the last king of Manetheren) reborn. I also got the impression wolfbrother's known in the AoL, that they were from a time before that. I can't recall but i vaugly remember one of the forsaken knowing nothing about it.

Well said.

I have always thought that Perrin could be a reborn King Aemon and will eventually bring about the rebirth of Manetheren. Just my wishful thinking?

Archived