DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question

Rasheta Ardashir

Ummmm i'm not sure if this goes here as it's not techically a discussion question but i'm curious about one of the characters in the books. Elyas Machera I looked him up on Wikipedia and it says that he trained Lan which I don't remember, and has an Aes Sedai but where is she? Who is she? Did she get rid of the bond or something? Or is that all not answered in the books?

• Community Administrator

He was a Warder to an Aes Sedia before he was captured by the reds because they thought he was either

A) Male Channeller

B) Dark Friend,

due to his 'wolf' nature...

He mentioned killing a few warders, and possibly an Aes Sedia, and has been on the run since.

Elyas Did not train Train Lan, rather someone else did... The people who brought him out of the borderlands to be more specific...

Yes it is anwsered in the books. IF you go look at the WOT enclopedia you should get all your questsiojs awnsered. I can't remember the name of his aes sedai. But as far as him raining Lan, There is no basis to that at all. Elayas was a warder back before Lan ws even bonded and I highly doubt that Lan requred any training at all oweing to the fact that he was practically born with a sword in his hand. He was trained by the Men who took him from Maliker when it was being overrun by the shadow. I can only remember one of they're names. Bukama was the last surviving one of Lans retainers but he was killed in New spring.

I was pretty sure that Lan said Elyas had trained him and Elyas is Malkieri as signified by the Hadori and it never mentions his Aes Sedai, at least not in the main sequence ones.  As for aMoL, we may or may not find out.  I just thought of something, it's probably crazy but I'll ask anyway; it couldn't have been Satelle, could it?

Elya Machera is bonded to a Green named Rina (Harforth? Begins with a 'h' anyway) who is currently aligned with Elaida. When it was discovered he was a Wolfbrother the Reds tried to arrest him for a channeler of a darkfriend, but instead he escaped, killing several warders along the way. He is still bonded to Rina, though he mentions that having been so far away from her for so long has dulled the bond so that he can only tell that she is still alive, and not much else.

He was not Malkieri, nor was he one of those who originally brought Lan out of Malkier, nor was he originally involved in Lan's training. Lan did say that he 'taught me much, about the blight, about this (his sword)', but that came after he became a Warder. The two men were of an age with each other.

elyas is already a  warder in the prequal, so maybe lan trained with him after moiraine bonded lan. this is not to say that elyas trained lan on the sword, but probably helped a great deal in matters of the bonding experience, and other things as well.

Archived