DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Tribute] BLOGFrom Harriet

Guest RJordan

From Harriet

Dear Everyone,

He has gone where pain and suffering are no more.

Whenever he was able to be at the computer, he checked the blog first thing. Your e-mails REALLY MATTERED to him. He loved them … and I think in some sense he loved you all.

I never thanked you for all my birthday messages, but I [...]

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?p=91

*sigh* Onward it is.

I think if this message that such a lovely woman has delivered is any measure of what RJ has left behind for us, his fans, admirers and friends, we can rest assured our hopes of hearing the end of his tale are well intact.

God bless you, Mrs. Rigney.

If we cannot have James' presence, yours is such a comfort, that I feel overwhelming confidence that his promises will be kept. The mark of a great man is the great woman that loves him.

Thank you for thinking of us. I cannot properly express the gratitude I have for you, your warmth and strength. I saw James Rigney as Robert Jordan, the author who brought Light into my world and many others. You saw a man who needed his own Light, to help guide him and to nurture him, and as has been expressed in many of his dedications, I've no doubt that you were always that Light. Knowing this, I know that I shouldn't be too depressed because this man's love still exists, and will continue to exist. It exists not only in his words, but in the people he touched, truly touched with those words and the soul that came through in them. It's easy to see that you are the flame that illuminated the void for him. Please accept my thanks for continuing to be that flame for us, his fans. Please accept the strength and good will I wish will reach you through my thoughts and prayer. I am sure I am just one in the legions that wish wish you well.

Sincerely,

Jon

Harriet,

Even during such a hard time, thank you again for being such a kind spirit and continuing his legacy of gratitude and love.  Robert was a large part of my life over the last 20 years and I cannot think of another author who has kept me spellbound (and confused) such as he.

My love and best,

Rich Lennon

Archived