DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moraine spent a lot of time with the Finns - did she learn anything?

wvlr

Regardless of her status there - Prisoner or honored AS Guest - even a prisoner can find out things, especially from creatures like the Finns who apparently, routinely "see" auras about the future.  Has anyone elso ever spent so much time with them - AND lived?

Just thinking that it could possibly be interesting.  Maybe that is part of why she is important for Rand to win TG.

Well...To bring up Mats connection to Norse religion again.

Mat has a Lot of parallells to Odin, including losing an eye. Now, there's been a connection made that hints at Mat losing his eye when dealing with the Finns.

Ogin sacrifices an eye at Mimirs Well, in order to gain knowledge. If Mat sacrifices his eye in order to free moiraine, it might very well be that freeing Moiraine means gaining knowledge. Ie, she has learned something important during her "vacation"

Not nessasarily. Min specifies that RAND needs Moiraine to win. The viewing implies to me a personal requirement. This is not to say that i dont think Moiraine will be active in the fight--of course she will be--but the suggestion that the dire need implies any form of nessesity for Moiraine or her knowledge on a military standpoint seems to me to be at the very least presumptuos.

Again though, i am not saying that Moiraine has not learned things whilst a prisoner amongst that Finns, i just find the idea of her returning with special abilities or any form of profound strategic knowledge is extremely unlikely.

Well the litany is gonna get a bit of a kickin so the top names will fall off, since its not just moraine but morgase as well. He's probably gonna run into both within a short space of time to shake things up some more.

Moraine has got to have learned something imo. Moraine's gotta match up to cadsuane apon her return and we can't have moraine step down from her position as rand's chief source of info in all things mystic. Having said that may be its my imagination but from her 'death' onwards he seems to have very much shut himself off from other peoples opinions involving anything power related. The taint cleansing info being an exception and admitedly he doesnt need help anymore either i suppose considerin the inner chatter.

morgase's "return" may not give rand the warm fuzzies, outside of making one of his women happy it probably wont really effect him. it may go a long way to making gawyn more human though, he has been drifting a bit as well.

i have to agree with Luckers on what moiraine may or may not have learned. she did learn how to survive in a hostile (presumption) alien world, but is it really likely that the finns shared any info with her? they speak a foreign language and only use the old tongue in translation, so she may only have had observation versus outright information.

Archived