DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shaido rule all

Sab

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Shaido end up as being the remnant of a remnant  Aiel that survives the last battle?  I mean they are going home and it seems like they just plan to stay there and rebuild and won't take part in the last battle.

But was Sevenna and the other wise women really a DF's?  Ambitious and ruthless yes, even murderers but even when they were dealing with the Forsaken for those so called traveling boxes she never knew they were Forsaken.  Not to say she wouldn't of dealt with them anyway but don't think the Shaido have any higher number of Df's then the rest of the Aiel.  I assume the note left under the wagon door was from Mat's Aiel woman that leter tried to kill him.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Shaido end up as being the remnant of a remnant  Aiel that survives the last battle?  I mean they are going home and it seems like they just plan to stay there and rebuild and won't take part in the last battle.

You may have a point, but carry it one step further and imagine the Shaido coming across an army of Shadowspawn on thier way back to the waste, and being the key to a crucial victory for the Light(at least in that one place).Talk about irony!!

And no, the Shaido do not have any more DF's than any other group. Like Sab said, they were power hungry, especially Sevanna, and maybe overly ruthless, but not necessarally evil.

I don't think the Shaido are more power hungry than normal,  they have leaders that are and they are raised to follow there leaders, and because of the depression from what Rand revealed to them they choose to stay with there current leaders(Sevanna) because following Rand is so against what they were raised believing.  So it is with more of a sense of denial, than evilness that they follow their own path.  So I think they are just normal Aiel, following the wrong leaders.  This doesn't make them evil just shows they make the wrong choices.

I don't think the Shaido are more power hungry than normal,  they have leaders that are and they are raised to follow there leaders, and because of the depression from what Rand revealed to them they choose to stay with there current leaders(Sevanna) because following Rand is so against what they were raised believing.  So it is with more of a sense of denial, than evilness that they follow their own path.  So I think they are just normal Aiel, following the wrong leaders.  This doesn't make them evil just shows they make the wrong choices.

I agree with squirrel.  They are running away or trying to from what they don't want to believe or accept.  I even think the books show that a lot of them don't like what Sevanna is doing and most likely would not follow her under normal circumstances.  They just don't want to face the truth Rand revealed.

Archived