DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fallon Books

Sefiros

I'm guessing this thread has been moved, as General indeed is the place for book discussions.

That does lead onto an interesting point though: given there's a subforum for every conceivable subject under the sun, I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated 'Literature' forum devoted to discussing books by other authors. It would seem to be a logical thing to do and every other SF&F forum out there has one.

i've read them.  i never really looked into whether or not there was a 4th to be done ever or not.  to my knowledge it was never put out if it was written.  but again, i never really researched it either.

i know what you mean about some loose threads.  i don't know that that wasn't a stylistic choice of jordan's though.  the way those stories went down, there was this feeling that the fallons were just phenomenal men who would continue to rock the party on down through the generations. 

have your read his conan books?

I myself haven't yet read the Fallon trilogy, but I'm pretty sure it was meant to only be 3. Whenever RJ mentioned the series, he never said anything about a need to finish it farther then it was.

Robert Jordan appears to like leaving his endings open, his plan for WoT is also to leave a lot of the threads unresolved and to even through in a twist in the last scene. He feels that too many series finish up all the threads so that it's like killing that whole world. He wanted the world to live on after his books. So I'm guessing that's the same stance he had with Fallon.

Archived