DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I got all my sisters with me (attn: Rosheen)

Arette

Summer sun of the bright midday shone mercilessly on the sweating Trainees who laboured in the Warder's Yard. Tar Valon was north enough that even the warmest season wasn't too awfully hot but when your mentor told you to work hard on making your forms just perfect and himself leaned on a tree trunk to take a nap with Aran, it was kind of aggravating. Sahra wasn't a slacker and she truly wanted to improve but two hours without much breaks save what she stole to take a swig of water were starting to wear on her. When Sana finally slanted open his other eye and told her that she could go to lunch, she wanted to go and kick him.

But she knew better than to attack a Tower Guard by now and Sana and Aran laughing at her would have been even more annoying than any other punishment. She stomped off all annoyed and headed to a barrel that was used to gather rain water. Dumping her head into the water in the shade felt heavenly and her mood was slightly improved even though she still felt like cursing. When she pulled her head back up, she had to blink a couple of times and wipe her eyes to make sure that the woman she gazed upon was real.

She was one of the tallest women Sahra had ever seen and her head was shaved save for a crest of hair in the middle of her head. Closing her jaw to stop catching flies, she realised that there was also something tantalizingly familiar in her even though she was certain she had never seen the apparition in her life. She would have remembered. Poking another trainee who had come to refresh himself, she nodded subtly to the direction of the female Guard and asked who she was. She wanted to smack herself at the answer. Ursana's sister... of course. And her hair style had to be the famed mohawk.

Maybe the heat had gotten at her but Sahra found herself walking toward the woman. "Hey there. Have you noticed that your little brother takes far too much after Aran? I am Sahra by the way, the poor bastard who has to spend time with him daily." Her slight smile revealed that she wasn't entirely serious but if Rosheen had the sense of humour of a badger with hemorhages, she was in trouble.

Sahra Covenry

Brazen

A graceful pivot on one foot was followed by a leap that took Rosheen almost to the other side of the tightrope she was practising on. Though the thing was only two feet above the ground, it was still avoided by many less experienced fighters. If Rosheen had to count the times she had broken an ankle or a wrist when falling off the damned thing she would soon run out of fingers to count on. fortunately there were yellow sisters who were always a bit amused to find Rosheen had once again managed to do more damage to herself than any of her fellow Tower Guards had managed to do to her in years. Still, if she wanted to maintain her balance skill, she had to keep on training it until even the tightrope seemed like a walk in the park.

Her focus was almost complete, but it shattered just as easy as a dropped glass when a trainee came up to her and started talking to her about her brother. Swaying for a few seconds, Rosheen only managed to restore her balance with a lot of effort. When her balance was once again what it was meant to be, she walked over to one of the platforms. "I'm sorry, what was that? Ursana's being a lazy git because Aran taught him to? I fear you're mistaken, dear lass. Our beloved Sana is a lazy git because that is in his nature. Aran merely helps him to bring it out."

She took her time to observe the girl who had come to her. Not too tall, not too short. Well muscled after the training she had already gone through, and brazen to the point of utter rudeness. A grin spread on rosheen's face. She liked this trainee of her brother already. "Sahra, you said your name was?" she asked, getting a confirming nod from the girl. "Well, you already seem to know me. Rosheen Tahn Sakhr, at your service. Well, not really at your service. Technically since you're the trainee, you're at my service. But seeing that my brother is slacking off in his duties rather spectacularly, I'd say that it's only fair that I take over from him, and teach you something useful."

"Don't worry, etiquette isn't exactly high on my list of useful things." she said, winking at the red headed girl. "Nor is grooming, though I do believe that more people in the yards could do with a fancier haircut than they have now." She brushed a hand through her own mohawk, which had survived many attempts from Aran to ruin it. "I was thinking of teaching you some balance exercises. Trust me, they have their uses, especially when you're trying to sneak in and out of the yards. What say you, Sahra, trainee of Sana? Are you interested in learning from me?"

~Rosheen Tahn Sakhr

cocky ;)

Rosheen's concentration was broken by Sahra's comment and she careened on top of the tightrope from side to side until finally regaining her footing. She was an utter wool-head for having disturbed Sana's sister on the first place and especially when she was practicing balance of all things. She grinned at the comment about Sana being a lazy git, she had thought exactly the same but instead of git used word gimp and then censored the comment as too bold for a first impression. She laughed out loud when Rosheen said it was natural to her little brother.

She kept smiling as the woman seemed really nice but the happy expression waned a bit at the remark that she was in Rosheen's service. She utterly hated fetching things and doing menial chores unless they something more bodily but that didn't seem to be her fate today. She was a bit worried about the extra lessons and cast a longing look at the mess hall and hopes of lunch. But bollocks, she would go later when she just could and would blame it on Rosheen snatching her up. Maybe Sana wouldn't even notice that she was late.

Her hand flew unbidden to her braid when Rosheen mentioned grooming. She quite liked her long hair and even though a mohawk might be dramatic, she couldn't imagine herself with one. Balance excercises were quite logical considering their location and they certainly would come useful in all fighting and not just when sneaking. Sahra, trainee of Sana had a nice flare to it and she nodded eagerly that she was willing to learn.

"Yeppers, I'm ready like a whore for a customer. But first, if you don't mind me asking, where did you get the idea for your haircut? That is the mohawk, right?"

Sahra Covenry

Sana's girl