DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aran'gar and Osan'gar

trakand_01

Something just struck me and there's probably a perfectly reasonable answer for it but i think i must have missed it.

Aginor and Balthamel are returned as Osan'gar and Aran'gar (I can never remember which way around) who manifest themselves as Dashiva and Halima. When Halima goes to Delana in Salidar, she announces herself as Aran'gar, and Delana knows the name instantly and knows to be terrified of her; have i missed something, or are the names Aran'gar and Osan'gar just 'known' within the Darkfriend community?

Another question (I havent read book 11 yet) because its' annoying me; is Taim, or is Taim NOT a darkfriend?

Last sentences of their first encounter (LOC Chapter 30):

"Delana sat down heavily. That name had been mentioned in her dreams. For the first time in years, Delana Mosalaine was afraid."

As for Taim, there is no definite answer, but pretty much everything points at him being a DF.

Btw, Aran'gar/Halima = Balthamel

Osan'gar/Dashiva = Aginor

I can't help but laugh at myself over the discution of Taim. It's so much like the Is Snape a Death Eater or a Good Guy argument we had over on the Harry Potter boards. I havn't gotten to any of the books with Taim in them so I won't say either way as to what I think. But I would like to point out that it wouldn't be the first time a character in a book seemed to be in the deepest depths of evil and turned out to be a hero.

Darth_Andrea

I'm not ruling it out 100%, but when you get to the books... you'll see what we mean - he's inherently horrid. Supposed to be very good looking (apart from a hook nose) but does NOT come across as a nice man.

For me I think LTT's rants and Perrin's senses tell us the most about what sort of a man Taim is (as far as we can tell).

Strange twist of chance indeed that Taim would use the same phrase the DO said to demandred (and I believe he todl the rest of the forsaken)

and no, 1) taim is not demandred (but seriously! I sooo thought he was!) 2) Taim appears to not be *any* of the previous forsaken unless robert jordan brought back be'lal without telling us. and the excuse for that is "moraine didn't have enough strength in the one power to balefire him back far enough in time for the DO to miss his soul". which I find to be crap =/

taim imo is his own person, but is indeed a darkfriend

The end of KoD MAY have proven he was a darkfriend, but to know that you have to have read KoD.

If you havent read it yet, you won't know that. Dont assume everyone is up to the same point as you are...

Um ... trakand_01, I was responding directly to someone's comment about the end of KoD.  I quoted said comment in order to indicate that.  I think its pretty safe to assume that the person I was responding to is indeed up to that point.

Archived