DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Kill that Trolloc (Battle Weaves for Aramina Sedai)

Jaydena

Air 1

Leaving her quarters Jaydena headed toward the Green Ajah Practice field, she was on her way to teach a battle weaves class. Walking down the back steps she made her way through the maze that led to the practice field for the greens, a large field enclosed on all sides with a 15 foot, 5 foot thick stone wall, she opened the gate and stepped into the area. She looked around to make sure she was alone in the area and stood still for a moment, enjoying the early morning light, the smell of the dew on the grass. She listened to the trees overhead and their leaves stirring in the small breeze and gave herself that moment of solitutude before the ratrace of the day. Focusing her attentions back on what she was doing she jogged over to the shed area, she had already been working out since before dawn and her muscles felt like well oiled machine. With her key she opened the shed and took out the straw filled trolloc shaped dummies and began to set them out through the field!

Gazing around she suddenly saw the new recruit walking through the gate, she nodded at the young woman, for she didn't know her very well and began to speak, "Today you will be learning Air weaves, we will do each element for as long as needed and then you will ask for acceptance into our ajah again." Giving the girl a grim smile she said, "I suppose you are ready to start?" Seeing her nod she said, "Well then let's begin." Embracing the source she turned to the child and said, " This weave is a fairly easy weave and could easily be done by most sisters in the tower, in this weave we use Spirit to strengthen it. The higher you are in Air the sharper the weave will be. Now watch closely the weave we are about to do is called the Air Razor. Very effective for slicing off Trolloc heads."

Pulling out a thread of air she quickly wove the thread together with weaves of spirit using far more air in the weave, she sharpened the weave until it reached razor sharpness and then gave it a push with Air and watched as it neatly sliced through the straw trollocs she had set up yesterday. Turning back to the girl she said, "Now think about how effective that would be against a fist of Trollocs and try to realize why we must temper you like a great sword." Nodding her head at the girl she said, "I will show you the weave one more time and then it will be your turn to practice them." This time when she wove the Air Razor she went at a slower pace so the new sister could see her exact thread placement. Sending the air razor off once more she stepped back and motioned for the girl to begin...

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Air Razor (Air 2, Skill 7) – Higher strength in Air means blade is harder; higher skill, edge is sharper.

Air 2

When she belived the girl had practiced for a sufficcent amount of time she stepped forward and said, “Now we will be learning our second air weave of the day, the weave is called Air Club, the club is a fairly simple weave but yet again deadly to our enemies. Each sister weaves their club differently, some choose to make it wide and short, some long and thin. Whatever works best for you is what you should do.†Embracing the source she wove a strange shape of air and then began to walk closer to her trolloc target. As she walked she began to talk, “The Air Club is a useful weapon in that it can be used to knock our opponent out if we have no need to kill them. It can however be used as a killing weapon if aimed correctly.†She reached the target and sent the club floating above her head at the Trolloc, she grinned as the Trollocs head crumbled into a heap. Turning back to the women in front of her she said, “This is a good weave if you need to face a single enemy and for whatever reason knock them out, maybe for questioning or to be sentenced. I want you to practice this weave until you have perfected it, when you are done we will break for lunch before moving on to the next weave in the series.â€

Moving to the trolloc she did the best to repair his head and then walked over to the sidelines to watch her student practice and to answer any questions she might have. Taking a seat she saw her warder walking up with a two picnic baskets full of food, she grinned at the woman and the motioned for her to come over. She took a seat next to her as they watched the girl in front of them practice the Air Club. Jade was happy with her progress so far and looked forward to seeing how she developed into a green sister. Some women couldn’t handle their first battle, they ran away, sometimes women even went crazy, or killed themselves. She only hoped that this young woman had prepared herself throughout the years for what she would face as a sister. Being a green was in so many ways harder than any other ajah, to lose and lose again and still stay strong was not an easy feat for anyone...

Ooc- The club looks like an icecream cone, to qoute Taya Sedai. Air Club (Air 1, Skill 4)

Air 3

When the new sister had finished the weave she nodded to Jaydena and began to walk closer to her. Jade motioned for her to take a seat on the blanket her gaidin had brought with him, she watched as the young woman began to load her plate up with food and could only imagine how the recruit felt, she had been exhausted after her first battle weaves session and had fallen into bed fully clothed at the end of it. Jade shook herself out of her thoughts and began to load her own plate up with her lunch, when she was done she began to eat and kept a close watch on the woman across from her for signs of fatigue. Before long they had finished their meal and it appeared that she was capable of channeling still, so Jade stood and said, “Are you ready to do the final battle weave of the day?†Hearing Aramina's answer she walked away from their lunch knowing that Raisa would pick it up for she was always a helpful warder. She headed over to the practice yard and reaching the correct area she said, “We will be learning something called a Air Shield, this is the first weave we have learned that is a protective weave and not a attack weave.†She embraced the source and wove the dome around herself, once the dome was tyed off she said, “This is the Air Shield, I want you to attack it the best that you can. See how you can undo it. Not necessarily with Air, but with whatever you can throw at it. It will weaken eventually, but I am sure that you will see it is a very sturdy weave. With proper maintenance it can hold through many hours of battle.†Jade watched as her student tried to break the dome down after many attacks the weave began to crumble.

Holding her hand up to show Aramina to hold off on the attack weaves, she dropped the weave for a moment and spoke, “Aramina, did you notice how it is crumpling in on itself. This is because I’m not repairing the weave or maintaining it, because I tied it off, it is relying upon itself.†Seeing that the recruit understood she said, “Now I want you to make the weave and tie it off, I will begin to attack your weave. When it begins to fall apart I want you to weave it again but this time I want you to maintain and repair it as we practice. I would like you to see the difference it can make it the amount of time your weave will hold. To repair the weave you will ned to feed strength into it whenever it begin to fall apart.†Nodding at her student she instructed her to start weaving the protective weave. She began to attack the weave and waited to see what would happen…

Jaydena Sedai

Ooc- Air Shield (Air 4, Skill 4). This one requires less skill than Air Razor, but greater strength with Air than both previous Air weaves we did.

Air Conclussion

Jaydena headed to the Green Ajah tea room it had become a tradition for her to take her trainees to the Tea room for a break on the last day of each element training. Today she had finished Air with Aramina and she was happy with the girls progress, she had shown extreme calm under stress and a determination and maturity above many others who had gone through the same thing. Walking slowly as she mused on the events of the last two weeks she wondered what would happen on Monday when they started the next element.

Striding into the Green Ajah tea room she saw her student already waiting for her and she gave her a big smile. Taking a seat she spoke to one of the servants and then turned back to Aramina. “So how do you feel about what you have learned so far, are you still glad that you chose the Green over the others?†Taking her tea from the servant she began to stir honey in while she waited for her companion to answer…

Jaydena Sedai

Ooc- Ok basically as you know the lesson take up a large space of time, rp through the weaves, asking for an angreal if you need one for that weave, and talk about going through the weeks of air training, and then the last day...

Air 1

Aramina had woken with a sense of urgency to her today. Her first day of training with Jaydena Sedai was beginning and she was as eager to begin as she had been as a Novice, learning to touch the source for the first time. Aramina had quickly dressed and eaten a hearty breakfast early. If Jaydena's warnings had been any indication as to the extent she would be working today, she figured she needed to keep up her strength.

As Aramina finished eating she made her way to the Warder's Yards and stretched, running lightly to loosen up muscles and keep herself in shape. She was very aware that the body was a weapon as well as any sword and she was still training her body into the shape a warrior needed to achieve. She would never match the Tower Guard but she had hopes that she would still do her Sword Mentor proud and she didn't want to disgrace Orion with an out of shape Aes Sedai for a student.

At the appointed time Aramina followed the directions Jaydena Sedai had given her and she found the woman in the Green Ajah practice fields. A smile graced her lips as she saw the straw filled Trollocs and she wondered how many times the poor thing had been torn apart by Sister's practicing their art.

"Today you will be learning Air weaves, we will do each element for as long as needed and then you will ask for acceptance into our ajah again. I suppose you are ready to start?"

Aramina nodded at the Aes Sedai's words. There was a tone in them, something that Aramina thought was almost certainty. She smiled again. Maybe she had made a grevious error with Sirayn Sedai, but with Jaydena she felt she might stand a chance of reaching her goal. The woman's words certainly didn't lead her to think this was for nothing. And Aramina was determined that it wouldn't be for nothing. She would reach the shawl, no matter how many straw trollocs she had to massacre.

She paid close attention when Jaydena made the weave she called an Air Razor. Her demonstration was very effective and Aramina almost laughed as the head of their trolloc went rolling. One down. How many more straw trollocs until she reached the shawl?

The thought slid away instantly as Jaydena Sedai began making the weave again, slower this time so that Aramina could study it. She saw the make of it then worked on her own, working on a sharp edge, then on something blunter, until the sharpening was second nature to the weave itself. And then she turned to the trolloc.

The head fell quickly as her Air Razor sliced through cleanly. Not, she imagined, how a real trolloc would die exactly, but the weapon was sound if untried on actual bodies. She wasted little time on the thought though and focused again on the task at hand, keeping at the weave until Jaydena sedai stopped her.

Air 2

The next weave she was introduced to was an Air Club. Interesting, Aramina thought as she watched it work.

“The Air Club is a useful weapon in that it can be used to knock our opponent out if we have no need to kill them. It can however be used as a killing weapon if aimed correctly.â€

Jaydena walked towards the target and sent the club floating above her head at the Trolloc. The Trollocs head crumbled into a heap. She turned back to Aramina then.

“This is a good weave if you need to face a single enemy and for whatever reason knock them out, maybe for questioning or to be sentenced. I want you to practice this weave until you have perfected it, when you are done we will break for lunch before moving on to the next weave in the series.â€

As Jaydena moved away Aramina watched her, saw the Warder come out among them with her bundle. She hadn't realized it but she was starting to feel hungry now that Jaydena had mentioned it. Well, time enough to eat once the Air Club was completed. The club was easy enough for her to make, but the size was difficult to achieve at first. The first one she made had been huge. Too big, in fact, to be any good for keeping something alive. It was something she worked on again, making the club in different sizes and then testing it out on the poor straw trolloc.

The different sized clubs did various degrees of damage and Aramina knew from other things that sometimes a small hit in the right spot could be deadly as well as a huge hit. She watched as the Trolloc was hit square in the face. Enough force to have smashed it's nose up into it's brain if it had been real. She worked on something larger for making the victim unconscious and for using it to attack other parts of the body. A club, after all, was a good way to incapaciate an enemy wtihout knocking them unconscious as well.

Air 3

When Aramina felt she was ready to move on, she looked over at Jaydena Sedai and was thankful of the motion to join her. Stamina was something to be worked on, she decided as she walked over to the Aes Sedai and took a seat. "Thank you." she said as she got a plate and filled it. She was starving and she could only imagine what it would have been like if she had taken a light breakfast that morning.

She noted Jaydena Sedai watching her, but she felt it was natural, given the two women had been thrown together without any preamble. It said much of her that she was willing to take Aramina and show her the ropes as she had. She had taken too many classes where the teachers had been unhappy with their charges and had been hard on them, or who had delighted in seeing their students struggle. It had happened often to Aramina as a Novice when some Accepted had felt the need to make Aramina pay for the way the Light had graced her face and manner. Jaydena Sedai showed a true interest in helping her though and Aramina was grateful for that as much as anything else that day.

As they finished eating, Jaydena stood and Aramina follwed her back to the center of the field.

“We will be learning something called a Air Shield, this is the first weave we have learned that is a protective weave and not a attack weave.â€

Aramina watched the weave and saw the dome working around here.

“This is the Air Shield, I want you to attack it the best that you can. See how you can undo it. Not necessarily with Air, but with whatever you can throw at it. It will weaken eventually, but I am sure that you will see it is a very sturdy weave. With proper maintenance it can hold through many hours of battle.â€

Aramina did as she was told. She worked with the Air Razon and the Club that she had learned today. She tried dousing it with water and forcing fire into it. Nothing she did went through, however as she continued the barrage, she saw the walls weakening. When Jaydena held her hands up Aramina stopped her weaving.

“Aramina, did you notice how it is crumpling in on itself. This is because I’m not repairing the weave or maintaining it, because I tied it off, it is relying upon itself. Now I want you to make the weave and tie it off, I will begin to attack your weave. When it begins to fall apart I want you to weave it again but this time I want you to maintain and repair it as we practice. I would like you to see the difference it can make it the amount of time your weave will hold. To repair the weave you will ned to feed strength into it whenever it begin to fall apart.â€

Aramina weaved the Air Shield around herself, tieing it off quick and efficently. At a nod Jaydena began attacking her. It was an odd feeling, to have a Green Sister trying her best to get through your shield, but it was encouraging also. As her shield weakened she fed it, gave it strength, repaired the weak spots, then tied it off again until finally Jaydena Sedai called a stop to their training for the day.

That night she lay herself down to bed. Unlike the others since her test for the shawl, this night no faces swam in her dreams. No imagined battle or lingering death faced her. Tonight she slept the sleep of a babe, too tired in body to notice that the spirit had found new strength.

Air Conclussion

It had been an exhausting, overwhelming, and completely exhilirating week for Aramina sur Dulciena, not yet Green Sister, newest Aes Sedai. She was meeting Jaydena in the Tea Room today and she arrived early, uncertain of the change of scenery.

She was accustomed to the mayhem they inflicted on the straw trolloc now, that the Tea Room seemed a stranger battle field. Old habits were hard to lose though and this was more the type of Battle field she had spent her life preparing for. As Jaydena entered Aramina gave her a true smile, the kind that reached her eyes and that few had seen since Aramina's early days as an Accepted. Perhaps she didn't know much more about her Battle mentor, but she respected the woman very much and felt that she had gained a small measure of respect from her as well.

“So how do you feel about what you have learned so far, are you still glad that you chose the Green over the others?†Jaydena asked after she took her seat. She watched Aramina then as she sipped her tea.

Aramina took a sip of her own to form her thoughts. "What I have learned is that I have so much to learn still. I always knew that attaining the Shawl would not make me all knowing, I just never understood how much it would show my ignorance." She admitted. "As for chosing the Green Ajah, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. As tired as I might be after a day of training, and as much as I might love to go to bed without having to pull the straw out of my hair from the stuffed Trolloc," she said with a smile, "I don't think i've been as excited by anything as I have by our lessons. Other than that though, I train for something greater than myself. I walk in the shadow of legends and unfortunately the turning of the wheel decides that the Last Battle should come in this life, not in those whos light I would emulate. I can't hide from the darkness that will come, I can only do what I can to protect others from it. The Green Ajah is where I belong. Battle, is where I belong."

Jaydena smiled as the girl began to speak, "What I have learned is that I have so much to learn still. I always knew that attaining the Shawl would not make me all knowing, I just never understood how much it would show my ignorance. As for chosing the Green Ajah, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. As tired as I might be after a day of training, and as much as I might love to go to bed without having to pull the straw out of my hair from the stuffed Trolloc, I don't think I've been as excited by anything as I have by our lessons. Other than that though, I train for something greater than myself. I walk in the shadow of legends and unfortunately the turning of the wheel decides that the Last Battle should come in this life, not in those whos light I would emulate. I can't hide from the darkness that will come, I can only do what I can to protect others from it. The Green Ajah is where I belong. Battle, is where I belong." Jaydena nodded and then spoke, "I am so glad to hear that my dear, you are well on the way to becoming a green both in heart and mind but also in the shawl. I will bid you a fair well for we must be up early tomorrow to begin the next phase of training." With that she left the room and began to prepare for Earth Battle Weaves.

Earth 1

Jaydena walked down to the training field in her favorite work out gear, she hadn’t felt like wearing a dress today so she was wearing a pair of tight black breeches, knee high emerald green boots, a tight rear length green vest and a billowy lace cuffed white shirt. She had added a jaunty hat to her head for the fun of it and was carrying her staff of rank, with the leaves twining down it. Heading down into the yard she saw that her student was already on the scene, as she approached she gave her a nod of respect and said, “Ok today we will being working on Earth weaves, for the next while we will be concentrating on these weaves, until you can do them in your sleep and mutter about them behind my back. Some of these weaves may be hard for you to do if your not strong in earth, if you need an angreal let me know and I will lend you one.â€

Walking farther into the field with Aramina at her side she continued, “The weave we will be learning today is, Riven Earth the use of this weave is to rend the earth around or in front of an enemy, it can be used as a excellent distraction when you need to gain time to retreat.†Embracing the source she faced the open part of the field and wove a arrow shaped weave with a slight amount of spirit and reinforced with fire at the tip, without the fire it would have had disasterous effects on the ground it hit. Once the weave was formed she sent it off with a quick burst of air and watched as it hit the targeted ground and exploded the ground it hit. Turning back to the student she smiled and said, “Well your's might not cause that kind of damage since I’m one of the strongest Aes Sedai in earth but none the less it will do the job.â€

Stepping back from Aramina she waited for her to begin practicing that weave, walking over to the wall she squatted down and looked the girl over. She was doing well there was no doubt about, however she has seen more than one woman act confident through their battle weaves and then get themselves killed the first time they were on the field of battle. Sighing she stood up and headed over to the shed where she pulled out some more straw Trollocs. When she was finished she wove a air cushion and tyed it off before sitting on it to observe her mintee doing her best to become one of her dedicated green sisters. Reaching into the bag she had brought with she pulled out a glass bottle, with a cork in the top, wrapped in cloth to keep it warm, full of hot chocolate and began to drink out of it...

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Riven Earth requires Earth 2, Fire 2, Skill 7.

Earth 2

When the recruit was done she released the weave hoding her cushion and headed over to the young Sedai, checking her face for any signs of fatigue she decided the girl was doing as well as could be expected and began the next weave. Nodding to the recruit she began to speak, “Ok the next weave we will be working on is Grenade, as you will see this weave can be very effective in the correct environment. I have used this many times during a fierce battle, not only does it inflict pain it is also a great distraction when dealing stupid trollocs. The Fades don't fall for but that's fine, we have other way's to deal with them.†A fierce gleam lit her eyes as she thought of past battles and the smell of blood and death. Looking back at Aramina she cleared her throat and pushed the thoughts of the long ago days out of her mind.

Reaching for the source she used her talent for delving and delved into the earth until she found the kind of rock she was looking for. Pulling the rock out of the ground she pulled it back toward her and then began to weave threads of Earth and fire into it to form the intial charge, then making a fine net of earth she wove it completely around the rock and matched it up with the inner threads. The rock began to glow with a slight red and brown, several colors of that hue and began to emit a crackling noise that meant the weave was ready to be sent forth.

Shooting it as far as she could with a thread of air she watched with a sense of satisfaction as it exploded into many pieces, shooting rock bits in every directions. Looking out onto the field she smiled and remembered her own Battle Weaves with her ajah head Mandi Sedai, to say that she had been looking forward to the earth section of battle weaves would have been a major understatement. The class had been exciting and had made her even more sure of the choice she made so long, to become a green and to fight the shadow until she died doing it. Turning back to her student she said, “Isn’t it great being a Green?†She chuckled at the womans response and then instructed her to begin. Nodding her head in satisfaction as she saw Aramina easily complete the weave the first, she headed back over to the wall to watch her practice...

Jaydena Sedai

Ooc- Grenade (Earth 2, Fire 2, Skill 8)

Earth 3

When Aramina was done with that weave she moved on to the next weave, “This weave is known as Pitfall and requires a marginally greater strength in Earth than the last two weaves. Basically it amounts to creating a hole in the ground. Your ability and strength determines how big that hole will end up.†Embracing the source she quickly wove a narrow net of earth, strengthining it with Spirit on the surface of the ground in front of her. She let the weave settle and then pinched the middle of it downwards, into an arrow point. The ground began to fall in toward the weave and was very strong because of her strength in Earth. Jade tried not to cough as the dust rose up into the air around them.

Once the dirt has settled you could clearly see a large pit in the place her weave had settled, she smiled as she gazed down into her hole and said, “Sisters methods of weaving are as different as the sisters themselves, and sometimes the weaves are almost unrecognizable in the way they are laid down. Yet they all have the essential properties of the Pitfall weave. The Earth reinforced with Fire, the middle of the weave being the strongest point and so being the point best suited to drilling into the earth… and so on.†She turned away from the hole and said, “I didn’t use my full strength on this weave for I could have torn the ground in front of us apart and that wouldn’t have done at all. I think you can imagine how this could be used in battle. You may begin now, again if you need a angreal I will lend you one.†She headed over to her bag with the angreal inside and waited for the new recruit to begin...

OOC: Pitfall requires Earth 3 and Skill 5.

Jaydena Sedai

Earth 1

Aramina sur Dulciena, quietest of 3 children, most likely to pass away from existance without anyone knowing her, was feeling ready to jump in circles and dance for joy. Not that she would, mind you, but her mood was that good as she made her way to the Green's Training Grounds. When she had been turned away by Sirayn Sedai, Aramina had felt the world slipping away from her, everything she had worked so hard for running through her fingers like so many whispers caught on the wind.

Jaydena Sedai had changed that. Sirayn had said that Jaydena was her hope to gain the Shawl and Aramina fully agreed. Jaydena saw strength in her, she was sure. Jaydena Sedai trained her hard for what was to come and Aramina took every lesson to heart. After their time working on Air weaves, Aramina had spent hours upon hours researching more battle weaves made with air, working and honing what she had learned until she was certain she could do them in her sleep. Today, they moved on to something new and she was practically jumping in the air as she strolled along. When she arrived, Jaydena was not yet there. Aramina simply moved to the center of the field, reviewing her training and wondering what would happen to her today.

When Jaydena arrived she smiled at her, then they turned to work. “Ok today we will being working on Earth weaves, for the next while we will be concentrating on these weaves, until you can do them in your sleep and mutter about them behind my back. Some of these weaves may be hard for you to do if your not strong in earth, if you need an angreal let me know and I will lend you one.â€

As it happened, Earth was not her strongest power, and like most women she found it difficult to work with. She wasn't sure if she'd need the angreal or not, but she decided to work as long as she could without it. Stamina was something that needed to be worked, but with caution. She wasn't about to burn herself out when she was working so close to the end of her goals.

They walked farther into the then Jaydena continued, “The weave we will be learning today is, Riven Earth the use of this weave is to rend the earth around or in front of an enemy, it can be used as a excellent distraction when you need to gain time to retreat.â€

The demonstration had Aramina gasping in surprise. She'd heard stories about Aes Sedai that could do that sort of thing and in her studies she had found proof, but she had never seen it.

“Well your's might not cause that kind of damage since I’m one of the strongest Aes Sedai in earth but none the less it will do the job.â€

Aramina nodded. "I would imagine it would." she said, already working her mind around the weaves that she had watched Jaydena create. Jaydena was already walking across the field, sitting back to watch Aramina's progress.

At first there was nothing to watch. Aramina opened herself to the seductive pull of the One Power and took her time wokring her weaves. Earth and fire were hardest for her to work so she took the time to make the weaves perfect before setting it into motion. The resulting explotion was nothing compared to what Jaydena Sedai was able to do, but it was well beyond what Aramina had thought she would be capable of. She smiled at Jaydena, a true smile of comradere and barely held back the desire to yell, see what I did?

She turned back to work the next one after Jaydean's encouraging nod, very aware that her behavior was rather... exhubrient and disconcertingly open. She shook her head. It was exhaustion and excitement and the feel of success and power and the heady mix of it all that made her lose her focus. She took a deep breath and reached inside herself, into the part that held her pain and grief. When she opened her eyes again, she was re-focused, working her weaves again to re-create her initial impact.

Earth 2

“Ok the next weave we will be working on is Grenade, as you will see this weave can be very effective in the correct environment. I have used this many times during a fierce battle, not only does it inflict pain it is also a great distraction when dealing stupid trollocs. The Fades don't fall for but that's fine, we have other way's to deal with them.â€

Jaydena Sedai seemed to be lost for a moment and she wished that she knew what memories were running through her head when she came back into the present. She began working her weaves again and Aramina watched closely. The Green Sister threw the rock and the explosion was just as impressive as Aramina had expected it to be.

"Isn’t it great being a Green?â€

Aramina laughed. Laughed. Not a fully belly laugh or a startled chuckle, but a delighted expression of agreement that passes her lips before she could stop it. Alright. Tonight, she was going to sleep as soon as she finished. No studying. No late night research. No practice. Sleep.

The weave was completed quickly, Aramina almost afraid of what she'd do next if she let her mind stray from the lesson in hand. It was an intersting weave and the crackling sound wasn't anything she had experienced with the one power before. She threw the Grenade into the air then, making sure it was thrown safely away as it exploded.

Earth 3

“This weave is known as Pitfall and requires a marginally greater strength in Earth than the last two weaves. Basically it amounts to creating a hole in the ground. Your ability and strength determines how big that hole will end up.â€

Aramina watched as Jaydena set the weaves. The pitfall as she called it, opened up into a gaping hole. Tired as she was, Aramina figured hers would barely be a dimple in the earth, but she worked steadily and efficently. When she settled the weave it opened up a nice sized pitfall, even if it was smaller than Jaydena's.

"I'm afraid I can't make anything bigger right now." She admitted to Jaydena. It was something to work for, stamina, but Aramina was proud of what she had already accomplished today and that in the end she hadn't fallen to the ever powerful seduction of the One Power. Aramina knew her limits. Today, she had walked the fine line and come back dafe from it.

((OOC: Sorry! Braindeath has taken place. Took my 2 kids to a Wiggles concert today and all I can think of it quacking like a duck at the moment... forgive me :P))

• 3 weeks later...

Fire 1

Jaydena headed down to the practice field, today they would be beginning Fire and she was looking forward to it, although she was average in strength with fire she had a great respect for the element and after many battles knew how it could best be used in battle. Reaching the field she saw that Aramina had not yet arrived, she took a seat on an Air cushion and waited for her student to arrive. She saw the woman heading toward her and she gave a quick nod of approval before speaking, “Today and for the next two weeks we are learning about Fire weaves, if at any time you need an angreal feel free to ask. As you know fire is not normally a element strong in women and I in fact need a angreal to complete the weaves. The first weave we will be learning is the fireball.â€

She took the angreal she held in her hand and began to draw the power through it, once she had fully embraced the source she began to weave a ball of fire threads, the ball was a glowing red and she could feel the heat radiating off it as she stood near it. The power coursed through her as it linked her to the ball and she smiled at the pure glory of such power. Reaching out she warmed her hands on the ball in front of it as she checked it to make sure it would fly correctly. With the checks completed on the giant fireball she looked back at Aramina and spoke, "Now watch closely so you can do it next."

Giving the ball a quick push with threads of air, she watched with detrmination as it flew away and hit the ground across the field. Turning to Aramina she said, “This can be a very difficult weave so if you need me to show you again please let me know.†She waited for her answer and then headed over to the wall to watch her student try the weave...

Ooc- Fireball (Air 2, Fire 4, Skill 13) – sphere of Fire, size varying with strength in Fire, distance it travels varying with strength in Air. Your classic battle weave.

Fire 2

Jaydena saw that the recruit had finished the weave so she headed over to begin the next one in the series. Walking up behind the woman she set a hand on her shoulder and said, “Your doing well Aramina I will be proud to fight at your side. Shall we begin the next weave my sister?†After hearing her answer she said, “The second weave we will be working on today is called Combust. You’ll need a fair amount of strength with Fire for this one – at least, compared to the strength most women have. Strength in Spirit is also a plus.â€

Reaching into the ground near them she delved using her talent in earth bearing the same name until she felt a good sized stone, pulling the stone out of the ground she floated it over to them and left it hanging in midair in front of them. She began to weave a net around the rock roughly the size of a small childs head. The weave looked much like the netting work in her hair only this was made of threads of Fire and Spirit equally interspersed, until she had a weave crackling with explosive potential. Turning to Aramina she said, “Now I want to set it alight and keep it that way.â€

She tugged one of the threads of Fire that made the entire weave fall into its ‘locked’ position, and the stone burst into flame, the actual object still visible through the waving flames. Grinning in delight she turned to the recruit and said, “Now it does good to imagine that rock as a Trollocs head, I’ve seen this weave used in many a way by Green sisters. It can be wrapped around the hand the Trolloc is fighting, around their feet so they can’t run, you get the idea I’m sure. I am presonally fond of wrapping it around their head and watching several of them burn at once. Quite stinky that is though.†With a laugh she surveyed the rock and then adjusted the weave a little to make the flame burn stronger for a moment.

She let the flame slowly go out and then instructed Aramina to find something that she could set alight. Setting the now blackened rock aside she handed Aramina the angreal and said, “You need to find something that will not burn up in a few seconds and also something not alive, you will practice this weave in your first battle. Feel free to use this rock if you haven't a talent in finding rocks in the earth.†Laughing softly at the look of eagerness on the woman's face she headed over to watch her student try the weave out for herself...

OOC: Combust requires Fire 4 and Spirit 4 – and Skill 16

Fire 3

Jade pulled out a book and began to keep one eye on her book and one eye on the woman practicing in front of her. Becoming absorbed in her book she was surprised when her book was pulled down and she saw her student gazing down at her with a amused look on her face. Apologizing she realized that the woman had probably called her name several times before deciding to move the book. Setting her book aside she chuckled and headed over to teach her the next weave. Turning to her student she said, “The last weave we are learning today is called Phantom Flame, this is an effective weave if you’ve become to tired to channel larger amounts and you need to distract your enemy. Phantom Fire is not much to look at during daylight hours but during the night time it’s something to see indeed. Reminds me of the fireworks done by the guilds.â€

Embracing the source through the extra angreal she began to send small threads of fire into the air. When her tendrils of fire landed in the spots she had sent them to, she used Air to divide them into many small pieces of fire. The contact of Air with Fire meant that the two Elements fused to create lights, rather than actual flames. The portions of Fire she ended up with, after the division, were too miniscule to burst into real flames of their own accord. They would require fuel, such as a Trolloc’s body hair, or a Dreadlord’s clothing, to properly ignite.

Using currents of air she sent her glowing fire lights off in all directions, she watched as some of them landed in the the trees and burned a leaf before going out. Completing her weave she turned to the woman next to her and said, “This weave is useful for distraction, a animal as stupid as Trolloc might fall for these lights and even follow them. Otherwise the lights often fall upon hair or clothing and set it alight. If you make the lights slightly stronger than I did just now, you will almost certainly start spot fires amongst the enemy ranks.†Seeing Aramina begin to embrace the source she nodded and walked over to watch the show for a distnce..

Phantom Fire (Air 2, Fire 2, Skill 16)

Jaydena Sedai

Fire 1

When Aramina got to the Training Grounds today, Jaydena had already arrived. She smiled at the Green Sister and fell into step with her as they walked into the field together.

“Today and for the next two weeks we are learning about Fire weaves, if at any time you need an angreal feel free to ask. As you know fire is not normally a element strong in women and I in fact need a angreal to complete the weaves. The first weave we will be learning is the fireball. Now watch closely so you can do it next." â€

The ball Jaydena held was quickly wrapped in weaves and when the Aes Sedai lofted it into the air, she watched it sore until it exploded.

“This can be a very difficult weave so if you need me to show you again please let me know.â€

"Another demonstration would be appreciated." Aramina admitted as she watched Jaydena begin again. She thought she had seen it correctly but she wanted to be sure. When Jaydena was done she stepped off the field and left Aramina to her work. The ball of fire she created wasn't very large, but she wasn't strong in fire. Perhaps later she would borrow the anreal from Jaydena and try something bigger, but for now she wanted to see how far her stamina could take her. Using air, she hefted the sphere away from them. She practiced the weave a couple more times before Jaydena made her way back over.

Fire 2

“Your doing well Aramina I will be proud to fight at your side. Shall we begin the next weave my sister?â€

Aramina smiled lightly at Jaydena. It meant something to her because she didn't believe Jaydena would say it unless she meant it. "Yes Jaydena. I think i'm ready for the next one."

“The second weave we will be working on today is called Combust. You’ll need a fair amount of strength with Fire for this one – at least, compared to the strength most women have. Strength in Spirit is also a plus.â€

Aramina watched closely as Jaydena Sedai began to weave. It was intricate work that she did so Aramina made sure she got it in her head this time.

As the rock was trapped in flame, Jaydena turned to her. “Now it does good to imagine that rock as a Trollocs head, I’ve seen this weave used in many a way by Green sisters. It can be wrapped around the hand the Trolloc is fighting, around their feet so they can’t run, you get the idea I’m sure. I am presonally fond of wrapping it around their head and watching several of them burn at once. Quite stinky that is though.†She said with a laugh.

Aramina shook her head at her mentor. She could well imagine the scene of chaos that such a weapon would cause.

As Jaydena set the now blackened rock aside she handed the angreal to Aramina. “You need to find something that will not burn up in a few seconds and also something not alive, you will practice this weave in your first battle. Feel free to use this rock if you haven't a talent in finding rocks in the earth.â€

It was a talent that Aramina had certainly never worked for and while she thought it might be useful to learn at another time, today she took the burnt rock from Jaydena and used that. She opened herself to the Power then, through the angreal and took a deep breath as more power filled her than she could usually handle. It was sweet to feel it, to feel the light infusing her entire body, but she knew better than to draw too deeply. She turned her attention then to the rock and began weaving until it was covered in flames.

Fire 3

As Aramina finished the Combustion weave she looked over to find Jaydena reading. In fact she was so far into her book that Aramina had to call to her twice. She still didn't answer. Aramina walked over then and gently tugged the top of the book down, watching Jaydena with a small smile. Jaydena apologized with a chuckle then led Aramina back onto the field.

“The last weave we are learning today is called Phantom Flame, this is an effective weave if you’ve become to tired to channel larger amounts and you need to distract your enemy. Phantom Fire is not much to look at during daylight hours but during the night time it’s something to see indeed. Reminds me of the fireworks done by the guilds.â€

It was an interesting trick and Aramina thought of a couple ways it could be used in battle.

“This weave is useful for distraction, a animal as stupid as Trolloc might fall for these lights and even follow them. Otherwise the lights often fall upon hair or clothing and set it alight. If you make the lights slightly stronger than I did just now, you will almost certainly start spot fires amongst the enemy ranks.â€

Aramina nodded, then began working the weave. Enough fire, some air, division... everything where it was supposed to be. But it was a good thing she was working through Jaydena's angreal again. Her abilites in fire were small and the amount of work she had done today was exhausting her. She was certain she would pass out as soon as she reached her quarters tonight, however the coming week would hopefully give her more stamina than she had now.

Water 1

Jaydena nodded her head in satisfaction as she checked out her new dress in the mirror, today she would be teaching her first water weaves lesson to Aramina and she was looking forward to it. She had had this dress made many years ago when she taught her first battle weaves class. The dress was made of a metallic blue cloth with hints of green shining through. Gold embroidery that looked like rolling waves graced the bodice and hem. The low neckline showed off her necklace of joined sapphires and she had her long auburn hair up with mother of pearl combs and her ears sports sapphire dangles.

She left her rooms, nodding at the other Sisters as she mad her way to the yard. Jaydena walked quickly down to the practice yard and saw her student already waiting. Nodding at the girl she began at once, “For the next two weeks we will be learning water weaves, these are some of my favorites and I look forward to teaching them. After the two weeks time has passed we will be taking a final and then you will petition before the ajah again to gain the shawl.â€

Embracing the source she began to speak, “The first weave we will be practicing today is called Boil and I’m sure you can imagine what it might do. I learned how to do this weave with a large piece of meat and I find that it is accurate way to work with it.†Gesturing toward the entrance of the practice yard you could see her warders carrying several sides of beef on platters. As they approached she thanked each of them and began to weave. She wove water into the meat until it flowed freely through the veins and artiries of the side of meat. With that she began to feed fire into the weave and increase the amount until you could actually see the meat cooking as well as smell it.

With a quick grin she turned back to Aramina and said, “I’m sure you can only imagine what this would do to a Trolloc, the first time I saw it done I almost lost my lunch but since then I have found it to be a valuable aid in any battle.†Smiling at the girl she stepped aside and gestured at a fresh piece of meat for her to try…

Jade

Ooc- Boil: Fire 2, Water 2, Skill…27! If you need a angreal rp her getting one.

Water 2

Moving on to the next weave she began to explain it once again, “The next weave is called Drown. I’m sure you can figure out what that means. It’s a fairly easy weave and very effective in battle but only if you can get your enemy to stand still long enough to die.†She chuckled and turned toward one of the straw trollocs set up for practice and embraced the source. Jade wove threads of water around the trollocs head that began to merge together and ended up looking like a crystal ball around the head. She tightened the weave with a fierce grin and then turned back to Aramina.

“It might look difficult but the water weave does a lot of the filling in of holes itself, I’m sure you can handle this weave. If you need to use the angreal do so, if not than go ahead with it.†She turned away and began to walk back to the stone wall. Smiling to herself she remembered the first time she had done this weave with their ajah head Mandi Sedai, she had shuddered to think about what it would feel like to drown in a water weave that you couldn’t see.

Walking over to the wall she took a seat and began to watch the recruits attempt at the weave, she felt such promise in the girl and she had improved many times over in the weeks since they had begun this part of her training. Pulling her mug out she took a sip as she waited to move on to the last weave of the day…

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Drown, External (Water 3, Skill 13).

Water 3

Jaydena saw that Aramina had perfected the weave in a short amount of time so she stood up and walked over to where she stood. Looking the girl over for signs of exhaustion she nodded her head when she was sure she was ok and began to speak, “Our final weave of the day is called, Freeze, we wil be using the same meat as earlier only we will be doing the opposite kind of weave. This weave is the favorite of the Captain General when I was raised and one of my favorites as well.â€

Embracing the source she began to weave water once more into the meat that she had used earlier, this time however she began to slowly infuse the weave with air and strengthen the weave with Spirit, and before long the meat had frozen solid from the inside out. Jade grinned and turned back to Aramina with a nod. “As you can see I used equal parts Air, Water, and Spirit. Water to attract the water in the bloodstream, and supplement it; Air to make it colder, until it froze; and Spirit to bind the weave together and lend it extra strength.â€

She smiled at her student and then said, “This will be the final weave of the day. You are doing a wonderful job of everything Aramina, you show real potential and we shall see how you do on your final. However I think you are ready to become a Sister and when you pass your final we will be ready for your Midnight Vigil. You may choose whoever you want to take part in this event with you. Now you may begin whenever you are ready Sister.†Squeezing her students arm she gave her a quick smile and headed over to wait the girl out. As she waited and kept one eye on the girl, she wrote out a report you her ajah head about the recruits progress and let her know that they were now ready for the Final...

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Freeze (Air 2, Spirit 2, Water 2, Skill 6)

Water 1

Aramina was excited about the day, so much so that she had to keep herself from showing too much enthusiasm as she walked to the training grounds. Her days with Jaydena were hard and they taxed her abilities greatly, but it was in that sort of environment she excelled. Aramina liked to push at things to see what would happen, including her grasp on the One Power and it's uses. She had thought when she gained the Shawl that she would know everything she needed to. She understand now that she never would, but these classes had been a big start to her understanding of the uses of weapons she had never been taught before. She gave Jaydena Sedai a small smile as she came up beside her.

“For the next two weeks we will be learning water weaves, these are some of my favorites and I look forward to teaching them. After the two weeks time has passed we will be taking a final and then you will petition before the ajah again to gain the shawl.â€

Aramina nearly gapped at Jaydena. Two weeks to petition again? She wasn't sure what she would do if she was rejected a second time. Surely Sirayn Sedai had been pacified by her behavior since her time as a recruit to forgive her indescretion. She shook her head firmly then. Jeydena was there to teach, not to watch her lose her head over this.

Aramina looked on as Jaydena's warders were bringing out sides of beef. As the Aes Sedai explained the weave for Boil Aramina understood the carcuss. She watched carefully as the weave was completed.

“I’m sure you can only imagine what this would do to a Trolloc, the first time I saw it done I almost lost my lunch but since then I have found it to be a valuable aid in any battle.â€

Aramina nodded then began working on the weave as Jaydena watched. It was a difficult weave and Aramina was glad she had been well rested before starting. And the weave would certainly be effective in battle, she thought as she beef next to Jaydena's began to boil.

Water 2

“The next weave is called Drown. I’m sure you can figure out what that means. It’s a fairly easy weave and very effective in battle but only if you can get your enemy to stand still long enough to die.â€

The woman chuckled and Aramina smiled. She wasn't certain she'd still be smiling about this sort of thing after she had seen these weaves used in real battle and part of her was amused by Jaydena's ability to. It said something about her experience level.

As Jaydena completed the weave Aramina stepped up. Water was her greatest strength so she began working the weaves until the same type globe surrounded their stuffed trolloc.

Water 3

“Our final weave of the day is called, Freeze, we wil be using the same meat as earlier only we will be doing the opposite kind of weave. This weave is the favorite of the Captain General when I was raised and one of my favorites as well.â€

She watched the weave again, carefully making sure she understood it well enough to repeat. She nodded as Jaydena spoke as she worked and when the woman stepped aside, Aramina began.

Water to attract and supplement. Air to freeze. Spirit to bind and strengthen. She smiled to herself as she side of beef looked as frozen as Jaydena's. However it was more than success at one weave that had her smiling in a most un-Aramina-like way. It was the faith that Jaydena had in her to work through her test and to become a Battle Sister.

Battle Weaves – Final 1!

Jaydena and Aramina met on the practice field for the last time and Jaydena knew by the look on her face that the student knew what was in store for her. Two weeks ago she had been told that she would be facing a large final and that she needed to practice as much as possible. Every green sister had been instructed to work with this inttiate anytime she asked. The Battle Weaves lesson had become her whole life, and Jade was sure that she would be at a loss when she had completed it as to what to do next.

She would be teaching her student one last weave before she began her final test, this weave was a very important part of any green sisters battle training. Taking a deep breath for she was nervous in her own way, she began to speak, “This is a crucial weave for any Green, it is known as <b>Remove Taint</b>. I’m sure that you will need and <em>angreal</em> for this weave most sisters do. I’m going to show you the weave but you can’t really get a good feel for it until you ar in the situation to use it.â€

Jaydena embraced the source through the angreal in her pocket and began to prep for the weave. Speaking as she worked she said, “Many Trollocs, Myrdraal’s, and even Darkfriends carry tainted blades. A tainted weapon causes accelerated deterioration, we like to say that a cut from the such a weapon taints your blood with part of the Dark One himself. No ordinary wound comes from one of these wounds and today you are going to learn how weave something that will counter these effects.â€

She wove Air, Spirit, and Water, and explained where the Earth and Fire would go without placing them yet. Jade explained in detail where the Fire and Earth was laid, and drew out what amounts of those two Elements she would apply. “You see that it isn’t as much as we have of the other three Elements, but even so it will require great effort.â€

Jaydena laid the threads of Earth down in their proper places, intertwined with the first three Elements. “The Earth is slightly concentrated in the centre, which is the spot that will be laid directly over the wound you are treating. The Fire is, in a sense, what activates the weave.†Nodding her head she moved on to the last step in this monster of a weave. Next, came the time to lay the Fire threads down, and this time Jade worked as carefully as she could. This moment was for Jaydena the hardest part of this weave, for you had to not only lay the threads correctly, but make sure Fire didn’t dance out of your grip, and also keep the threads the right size and unmerged with one another.

As she lay the last thread of Fire in the center of the weave , the entire weave became a brillant light that hurt her eyes just to look at it, with a faint hissing noise the weave went out. Jade turned to Aramina and said, “The weave will stay longer if your working on a live subject, this weave actual seeks out the taint in the person and works against it, destroying it piece by piece. It turns into a mist that evaporates, leaving the flesh clean of all wounds.â€

She faced her mintee and said, “In discuassions I have had with my fellow sisters it has become clear to me that the trick to is in maintaining the weave once you slide it into the patients flesh and I agree.†Handing Aramina a angreal she walked away and waited to see the woman prove herself worthy of the Green ajah in the first of her finals…

Jaydena Sedai

OOC: Remove Taint (Air 6, Earth 3, Fire 3, Spirit 6, Water 5, Skill 28) – used to heal wounds from a Myrdraal’s weapon or other tainted items.

Final 2

Final: use the weaves you’ve learned from each lesson (e.g. however many you want, but at least one each of Air, Fire, Water and Earth, in whatever order you want) on the Trolloc targets around the field. One of you will have a go, then the targets will be repaired and the second girl gets her turn! Sound fair? Just imagine that we would be doing HEAPS of these tests over the months of your training…but this is the first time you’ve had such a test with the battle weaves you’ve learned.

Battle Weaves – Final 1!

Aramina had been awake before dawn. For the past two weeks she had worked on her Battle weaves with any sister that had been willing to help. Aramina was determined to make it through her training with flying colors and today was no different. She had woken early, made a run around the training grounding and worked her sword forms for a while to focus herself, then returned to her quarters before most of the inhabitants of the Tower were even awake. She had dressed in tight green pants with a tunic the same shade of green with light colored vines embroidered along the edges. her hair was held tightly in a simple braid today that fell down to her waist. When it was time, she made her way down to the field and smiled at Jaydena when she approached. It was the same smile she always gave her, one that hid the nervousness that she felt today. When Jaydena began working on their last lesson Aramina immediately focused her attention.

“This is a crucial weave for any Green, it is known as <b>Remove Taint</b>. I’m sure that you will need an <em>angreal</em> for this weave most sisters do. I’m going to show you the weave but you can’t really get a good feel for it until you ar in the situation to use it. Many Trollocs, Myrdraal’s, and even Darkfriends carry tainted blades. A tainted weapon causes accelerated deterioration, we like to say that a cut from the such a weapon taints your blood with part of the Dark One himself. No ordinary wound comes from one of these wounds and today you are going to learn how weave something that will counter these effects."

Jaydena worked the weave slowly, explaining where the Earth and Fire would go without placing them yet. “You see that it isn’t as much as we have of the other three Elements, but even so it will require great effort. The Earth is slightly concentrated in the centre, which is the spot that will be laid directly over the wound you are treating. The Fire is, in a sense, what activates the weave.â€â€

The weaves were laid with precission and Aramina watched as it become a bright light with a hissing sound. “The weave will stay longer if your working on a live subject, this weave actual seeks out the taint in the person and works against it, destroying it piece by piece. It turns into a mist that evaporates, leaving the flesh clean of all wounds. In discuassions I have had with my fellow sisters it has become clear to me that the trick to is in maintaining the weave once you slide it into the patients flesh and I agree.†She handed Aramina an angreal, then walked away to watch her work.

It was the hardest weave she had learned and she needed the angreal this time. She concentrated on completing the weave, laying the lines just right and keeping them separate until it was time to merge them. She was more than happy when the weave was completed and it flashed in her eyes, leaving her blinking for a moment.

Final 2

After she had learned the final weave, it was time. Aramina had been preparing for this day for a while now and she took a deep breath, calming herself before the final test began. Her composure was a fine tuned weapon that she had learned long ago to shield herself with and it held fast now as the field around her was readied. The stuffed trollocs were in place and her goal was simply to eliminate them as best she could. One more deep breath and it was time.

With the first weave she worked, Aramina made the eart explode around two of the trollocs closest to her. Both fell as their base was cut out from under them by Riven Earth.

Without waiting, she began weaving again, this time an Air Club that she used to bash the head of another trolloc.

The next weave took a moment since it was harder for Aramina to control fire. She created a ball of fire and sent it flying at her trollocs with a thread of air. The head of one trolloc lit on fire and Aramina followed up with another at the trolloc close by. Using air she fanned those two flmaes to catch another trolloc between them.

Content with her fire, Aramina began weaving water. She started by creating a call of water around a trollocs head, then filled it. The weave was called drown and Aramina held it long enough to ensure that a living creature would indeed have drowned.

There were few trollocs left standing on the field at that point and Aramina wove air again. Making an Air Razor, she slashed one and it's head went rolling.

The last remaining trollocs were in a small grouping and Aramina let lose a Grenade, working the weave quickly and confidently.

The last of the stuffed trollocs were in bad shape as Aramina looked around at the carnage. She looked back at Jaydena Sedai then to see how she did.

• 1 month later...

Jaydena watched the recruit work through her weaves, she nodded satisfaction as Aramina worked quickly through the weaves, adding finesse and personality to them. A grin almost lit her face as she watched, the girl was ready and tonight they would do the midnight vigil with whoever the woman had chosen to be with her. Then Aramina would go before the ajah once more and Jade for one was ready to stand for her and tell the ajah that she was indeed ready to become a Sister of the Green. Aramina ended her weaving with a Grenade, and turned to look at her. Jade stepped forward and spoke, "Aramina Sedai, you have done well and are now ready to begin your midnight vigil. You may come to me when you have decided who will do this with you unless you know now?" Jade waited a moment and Aramina spoke, "I pick you Jaydena Sedai if you will allow it." She smiled at Aramina and spoke, "I would be honored Sister. Tonight we will do your vigil and in the morning you will go before the ajah as a whole, be ready." Turning she walked back to the Tower...

Jaydena Sedai

Sitter

"Aramina Sedai, you have done well and are now ready to begin your midnight vigil. You may come to me when you have decided who will do this with you unless you know now?"

The words seemed foreign to her for a moment, before they came craching around her with startling clarity. She was ready? How could she possibly be ready to petition the Ajah again? She wanted to shake her head no, to tell Jaydena that she wasn't prepared, she would never be able to do more than just walk in the shadow of greater sisters, but before she knew it, other words left her lips.

"I pick you Jaydena Sedai if you will allow it." The words were honest and if any Sister had to see her now, let it be her. Jaydena who had seen her fail before the Captain General, Jaydena who had watched her struggle with the weaves that every Battle Sister knows by instinct, Jaydena who would lead her to her death in the morning. For Aramina wanna-be Sedai, there was no going back. She would be Green Ajah, or nothing else. Mordero sa dai.

Jaydena smiled at her then. "I would be honored Sister. Tonight we will do your vigil and in the morning you will go before the ajah as a whole, be ready."

Jaydena turned and left then, leaving Aramina to watch. In the morning she would know her fate. She would know if years of work and tears and sweat had come to fruition, or if her dreams had died on a battlefield years before.

A whisper escaped her lips again, a whisper of words repeated never meant to be heard again. Mordero sa dai.

dmaramina.jpg