DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT-themed Convention to be held in 2009

Guest DM News

Guest DM News

WoT-themed Convention to be held in 2009

The following press release was sent out to a number of Wheel of Time fan sites this week. It concerns the formation of a brand new fan convention called “JordanCon” which will be held in April 0f 2009.

The masterminds behind this affair are none other than Dragonmount’s own Jennifer and Jimmy [...]

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=318

We're currently planning to have two convention rooms, one for programming, one for a Dealers Hall.  We're not really sure what dealers we'll have yet, since we aren't accepting applications yet, but they will be things that appeal to WoT fans, such as book sellers, costumers, jewelry, etc.  We'll try to be diverse in our offerings.

Location-wise, my business license is only for Georgia currently. We asked our lawyer about expanding that in the future and he said it would be easy to do. But  count on the first few years of this being in Atlanta. It took me quite a few years to get up the nerve to have JordanCon in the first place. I can't imagine how crazed I would be trying to do this from another state.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived