DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most awsome sayings

fireblade

Guest silver89

I have adapted this to my job...

"Death is lighter than a feather, duty is heavier than a mountain, both are easy compared to teaching children"

You have more courage than I do. I would rather face a horde of savage Trollocs than a class full of small children all asking, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??

*Collapses from fear*

"What cannot be changed must be Endured"

Lan.

"One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty woman means trouble in the house. Three pretty woman means run for the hills."

"Luck is a horse to ride like any other."

I always get the impression that Mat is incredibly wise for his age  ;)

"What cannot be changed must be Endured"

Lan.

You stole mine. :( That's a saying that I've tried to adapt into my life. Though the first time I heard it was Elayne, reflecting on one of Lini's sayings. However, it's been repeated several times throughout the books. I believe one of the Aes Sedai (can't think of which one) changed it around a bit to rhyme: "What cannot be cured must be endured." Though I like the original more. I've always detested rhyming when it comes to sayings like that. xD

"The Golden Crane flies to Tarmon Gai'don."

Malkieri celebration cry...

"Carai al Caldazar, Carai al Elisande, al Elisande."

Manetheren battle cry

"Dance the spears with me."

Common Aiel taunt for battle.

"Wash the Spears till the sun rises,

Wash the spears till the sun falls low,

Wash the spears do you fear to die?

Wash the spears, no one that I know."

Aiel battle song

i love most of linis sayings they are just classic

TPoD,Ch3 - It's one of the things men are for, taking the blame. They usually deserve it, even if you don't know exactly how.

TPoD,Ch7 - Three things annoy to distraction: a tooth that aches, a shoe that pinches, and a man that chatters.

TPoD,Ch20 - It isn't the stone you see that trips you on your nose.

TPoD,Ch2 - When a woman plays the fool, look for the man.

TPoD,Ch2 - Kittens tangle your yarn, men tangle your wits, and it's simple as breathing for both.

TFoH,Ch49 - An open sack hides nothing, and an open door hides little, but an open man is surely hiding something.

TFoH,Ch9 - A man is a man, on a throne or in a pigsty.

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, andAge yet to come, an Age long past, a wind [arose.] The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning." - Every book written (I think, not to sure abour NS).

I can't wait to read that in a NEW book.

Archived