DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

a short story.. or what happened to me the other day

ironcross

ok i know this would nomaly be best put on one of the other bords but since this is where i hang out and yall are the people i hang with i thought i would put it here insted

so without further adew here goes...  so last thursday i was having one of those days where you wish you had just stayed in bed all day.  i had just gotten to work that morning and imediatly ran a 150 doller paint can over with my forklift, all kinds of other things had happend all day, but i thought i was going to servive the day. 

the clock stood at 4:30, the day was almost done.  one last job for the chopsaw to preform. the metle glowing red, the saw i soon would dread. around the blade did go, then bang, the light falls on my head, i look up say what the hey?? now down i look, the saw it stops, the blade in pices is.  what happend slipps cross my mind, and then my arm i see.  the blood flowes down my arm, the gash deep and large. the inside of my mussle i can see, to the doctor i must go, or still the blood would flow.  many stiches later the wound so bad looks not. and in two weeks the stiches no more shall be.

ill post pics later. but it was amazing i dident cut an artery or magor nerve. the gash was 3" long X 2" deep X 2" ascross. took about 15-20 stiches in three layers.  never relly hurt though, guess i lost all the nerve endings in that particular part.

• Community Administrator

it was almost a brand new blade.  maby used for 20 cuts.  gaurd should have caught all the pices but i guess when somthing is spinning at 3800 rpms and it breakes theres not much stopping it. 

<~~~ is deathly afraid of chopsaws now

lol

I don't doubt it! Perhaps it was being used to cut to much to fast?

I know when I was in a metal shop class in school, I was always worried something like that could happen.. But when your blade is visibily shaking at low speeds, and it 'stops dead', or all of a sudden cuts an Inch of metal in a second you'd see why. :P

<-- Made it out of 2 years of shop/metal class with out an injury. However I know one kid was 'welding' with out a helmet and permantly damaged his eyes... Needless to say he didn't make that mistake twice. :P

Archived