DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

And you thought monkees were cute,........

DragonSpawn

http://scienceblogs.com/grrlscientist/2007/08/attack_of_the_evil_monkeys_fro.php

a group of approximately 300 marauding monkeys is out to steal your food, sexually harass your women and attack and kill your livestock! In a truly amazing incidence of interspecies communication, a group of vervet monkeys, Chlorocebus pygerythrus, is using sexual harassment to intimidate women and children, who are responsible for growing maize, potatoes, beansand other crops for their farming community, causing them to lose their main food supply so they now are dependent upon famine relief to survive.

Yep you got it. A group of 300 monkees forced the people in the region to survive on famine relief by a combination of sabotage attacking all women and children, so the farms could no longer be properly sustained and forced them into starvation,...

The monkeys are more afraid of young men than women and children, with the bolder individuals throwing stones and chasing the women from their farms.

Well duh,....if I would want to rob someone I would go after a woman's purse rather than a man's wallet just out of a feeling of self preservation.

Further, the monkeys also make sexually explicit gestures at the women, according to the residents.

"The monkeys grab their breasts, and gesture at us while pointing at their private parts. We are afraid that they will sexually harass us," said Njeri.

These monkees got game!

Despite their new problems with the monkeys, it is a criminal offence to harm or kill any of them, so the besieged villagers must figure out a way to outwit the monkeys instead.

This is what I don't understand. They are forcing the villagers into starvation and making them dependent on aid. Isn't it reasonable or self defence to take weapons against these monkees to continue one's own survival?

Unfortunately, the monkeys have even been killing the residents' livestock and dogs, evading traps and avoiding poisoned food. The residents are now harvesting their crops early in an attempt to salvage what they can, however, the monkeys are now breaking in to the residents' houses to steal their food.

Honestly. Monkees breaking into my home and ravaging my kitchen would scare me. <_<

Sounds great to me. The monkeys must be somewhere on par with the Neanderthal humans, if they understand all of that. Their communication has advance far enough that they understand the significance of pointing to their private parts and other folks, too. They are not even human monkeys, under no circumstances must they be harmed. Of course the villagers should be helped somehow, but development in animals is simply great.

Archived