DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Where is The Choedan Kal

Vambram

The main reason why I doubt that those two items are currently in Rand's possession is because there was virtually ZERO mention of them by Rand or anyone else in CoT or in KoD.

Thats because there's been no reason to mention the one remaining access key.  Rand hasn't needed it for anything, and he's probably not keeping it close to him.

It wasn't mentioned at all in LoC, either, but that didn't mean it had left Rand's possession.

Indeed, it is evidence that Rand has control of Callandor and the Choedan Kal that they have no been mentioned. Had Cadsuane tried to withold them Rand would have fought her, and aside from the fact that that would end in one of them dead, it certainly would have been mentioned.

This whole topic is a little pointless besides, because it is simply not in Cadsuane's nature to deny Rand the ter'angreal.

She'd spank  lecture him if he did something stupid with them, but she wouldn't take them away. She knows he needs every tool he can get, and will do her best to make sure he is in the best position (mentally, physically, etc) to use them properly and to their best advantage. Taking them away from him isn't sensible, and Cadsuane has no patience for senselessness.

Let that be a warning to you all. ^_^

Sweetie, I's spank Cadsuane around the room if I so chose too. Let that be a warning--or an invitation--to you.

Do try. I'm quite good at attempting to get away while actually wanting to be caught. It's rather charming, really.  ;D

RedSon - I think it's possible, sure, I just don't think it's as likely as him wanting them back under his control. He has a little trouble with trusting people, I've noticed. ^_^

RedSon - I think it's possible, sure, I just don't think it's as likely as him wanting them back under his control. He has a little trouble with trusting people, I've noticed. ^_^

He does have trouble trusting people, but he trusts Min and her gift and through her I think he trusts Cadsuane as much as he trusts anyone else he's met since leaving Fal Dara (anyone that isn't Aiel and perhaps Bashere).

Trust is one of the big reasons I think he wouldn't ask for them back yet.  The one person I think he trusts the least with power right now is himself.  Or, more to the point, Lews Therin.

Indeed, it is evidence that Rand has control of Callandor and the Choedan Kal that they have no been mentioned. Had Cadsuane tried to withold them Rand would have fought her, and aside from the fact that that would end in one of them dead, it certainly would have been mentioned.

This whole topic is a little pointless besides, because it is simply not in Cadsuane's nature to deny Rand the ter'angreal.

That is true also, and I agree. Also, if according to the esteemed RJ that Rand has asked or received Callandor and the male access key back from Cadsuane, then logic tells me that this is something which happened "backstage" as it were, instead of simply being written out in black and white by RJ in either CoT or KoD.

I didn't mean to imply that she wouldn't give them him when he asked for them--again, politely.  I do think she would ask what he planned to do with them.  She is supposed to be his advisor, and she is getting pretty exasperated with learning his plans piece-meal, or after the fact.

For example, KoD, Chapter 18, News for the Dragon:  "At last the boy asks," she murmured, setting her embroidery down beside her sewing basket.  "All his schemes in motion, some I've not been made privy to, and now he asks. Very well.  Your peace with the Seanchan will be unpopular."

Archived