DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

does anyone like Faile?

elmindreda

How do the current disciplines & paths affect my character?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do the current disciplines & paths affect my character?

• I don't use them at all
    • I've chosen one but I don't do anythng else with them
    • I use them sometimes
    • I use them all the time
    • I use one but not the other

I think she's young just like the rest of them, and it would be wrong to judge her too harshly. Most of the girls especially give the men in their lives a really hard time; much more than can be said of the reverse. I think the reality is that RJ is male, so the women characters end up seeming alittle flaky.

J

yea but elayne mim and aveidha all turned out ok i just think she may be affraid to show her feelings but it really annoys me because i really like perrin as a character

loki your such a typical guy

Well I don't know. I think you're right in a sense. Min was always cool. Elayne has grown since Avi explained what a jerk she was being to Mat. Avi seems pretty much cool, but she was a real witch to rand in the beginning.

I still don't really like Nynaeve or Egwene. Egwene should be more understanding of Rand, especially. Nyn is just mean and selfish.

J

I think Faile is great. She's hard headed, independent, loving, and just plain fun. She's exactly what Perrin needs, and I think she complements his character very well.

As for Egwene, I've always liked her. I mean Rand can be an idiot at times, and of course Egwene is wrong a lot, but they're both doing what they think is best. Everyone can't be 100% right all the time.

And of course I have a crush on Min, so I'm totally bias there. Elayne I like because she's always been right about the fact that she is the queen of Andor, despite Rand's incestence that he has to help. And Avi is just hilarious! Rand's a wool-head, it's just that simple.

Guest TigerToe
I think she's young just like the rest of them' date=' and it would be wrong to judge her too harshly. Most of the girls especially give the men in their lives a really hard time; much more than can be said of the reverse. I think the reality is that RJ is male, so the women characters end up seeming alittle flaky.

J[/quote']

are you a woman? or do you live alone in the montains? :?

I dont think i have ever EVER read a more realistic portrayal of women and how they behave and subsequently how they can destroy your best friends life with their little moods and head games.... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

I think she's young just like the rest of them' date=' and it would be wrong to judge her too harshly. Most of the girls especially give the men in their lives a really hard time; much more than can be said of the reverse. I think the reality is that RJ is male, so the women characters end up seeming alittle flaky.

J[/quote']

are you a woman? or do you live alone in the montains? :?

I dont think i have ever EVER read a more realistic portrayal of women and how they behave and subsequently how they can destroy your best friends life with their little moods and head games.... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

That's interesting. No, I've had a number of longterm relationships that went well enough, and I know I never would even consider marrying one of RJ's women characters. They're generally selfish, immature and rude.

Take from that what you will,

J

• Community Administrator

I like faile as a character very much so. Faile loves perrin with all her heart, just like perrin loves faile. One of the biggest things that irks me, is peoples obsenely ignorant hatered of faile. They think that she is a b!tch, because of what she did with perrin during and post tdr. She did what she did, out of love. She also did it, because she was fighting Beralon for Perrin. And Faile knew, that Berlon only wanted Perrin, because he didnt want her. You know the old saying, you want what you can't have. This only gets proven more, when mat, the obvious swinger of the buch, wants beralon in the sack, and she just sniffs and walks away like he was garbage. Whilest Perrin, who being perrin and "hard to get" made Beralon swoon over him.. Faile did what she initially did *forced loail to bring her to the two rivers, because of a promise he made* as a way to make sure faile was at perrins side. Which we saw later, where she came to the rescue, like gandalf in the two towers....

My opinion on Faile is different from time to time. Sometimes, she is the biggest b!tch in the world, and sometimes she's a very likable character. But I have to say, I don't really like the way she often treats Perrin. It sometimes feels like she hasn't got the respect for him that he deserves. At the moment, I've just finished a re-read of LoC, so I don't reallly fancy her right now. She acts very stupid in the end of the book, but I know she will get better later...

look at it this way,

Zarene (faile) was raised as the second child, not the heir, she has an adventurous spirit she is fierce and does what she does with her whole heart

she hates the fact that her brother died and that she has to take on his responsibilities

youth + zest for life + training in political intrigue = faile

i love faile's little intrigues, they complement perrin's honesty very nicely

theyre just perfect for each other, including he tifs they have

their relationship is the most realistic of all the main chraracters

young lovers

*love it*

Like Perrin. Hate her. Dumbledore's dead. End of Story. Good bye.

good lord red states, dumbledoor is not dead... too many inconsistancies with the spell, how it usually leaves bodies, and dumbledoors body, something fishy there...yes perrin is cool why hate faile though, she is no diffrent than the other girls, they all have issues jellosy possessivness stuff like that....

My opinion on Faile is different from time to time. Sometimes' date=' she is the biggest b!tch in the world, and sometimes she's a very likable character. But I have to say, I don't really like the way she often treats Perrin. It sometimes feels like she hasn't got the respect for him that he deserves. At the moment, I've just finished a re-read of LoC, so I don't reallly fancy her right now. She acts very stupid in the end of the book, but I know she will get better later...[/quote']

I agree with all of what Cal said.

the way Faile treats Perrin has a lot to do with how she was raised. She was raised in a country where parents screaming at each other was a show of affection. She is trying to make Perrin see that without spelling it out for him and all he wants to do is be gentle and make her happy.

And save the world from iminent destruction.

Eye twitching....head spasiming... going to explode...

Alright, so every one's problem with Faile is that she thinks for herself and isn't subserviant to Perrin's wishs? Am I getting this right? And that's the problem with all the other women?

Just because Faile, Egwene, Elayne, Aviendha, and Min think for themselves and don't let Rand and Perrin push them around, DOES NOT in any way make them bitches. Oh my god!

All they do is look out for the safety of Rand and Perrin because they're both natorious for not thinking things through and causing MAJOR problems for everyone! That's why Rand keeps that list of everyone who's died serving him, because he knows his air-headedness gets people killed. And Perrin can't just expect his wife to not do ANYTHING when she finds out that the Prophet and the Seanchan are working together. I mean if she didn't do something, and just let Perrin get killed over it, THAT would make her a b!tch.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Perrin and Rand. And sometimes I think the women are out of bounds, but their only ever out of bounds because they don't have all the facts, just as Perrin and Rand are out of bounds sometimes for the same reason. What I seem to find is that both the women AND the men treat each other with the same disrespect, neither of them are any b!tcher then the other.

This is why one of RJ's themes is that in order to do the greatest good with the power men and women must work together. Both sexs think only for themselves and thus things fall apart. But you CAN NOT just point and Faile and go "she's a bitch because she thinks for herself and doesn't do everything Perrin tells her to."

Eye twitching....head spasiming... going to explode...

Alright' date=' so every one's problem with Faile is that she thinks for herself and isn't subserviant to Perrin's wishs? Am I getting this right? And that's the problem with all the other women?

Just because Faile, Egwene, Elayne, Aviendha, and Min think for themselves and don't let Rand and Perrin push them around, DOES NOT in any way make them bitches. Oh my god!

All they do is look out for the safety of Rand and Perrin because they're both natorious for not thinking things through and causing MAJOR problems for everyone! That's why Rand keeps that list of everyone who's died serving him, because he knows his air-headedness gets people killed. And Perrin can't just expect his wife to not do ANYTHING when she finds out that the Prophet and the Seanchan are working together. I mean if she didn't do something, and just let Perrin get killed over it, THAT would make her a b!tch.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Perrin and Rand. And sometimes I think the women are out of bounds, but their only ever out of bounds because they don't have all the facts, just as Perrin and Rand are out of bounds sometimes for the same reason. What I seem to find is that both the women AND the men treat each other with the same disrespect, neither of them are any b!tcher then the other.

This is why one of RJ's themes is that in order to do the greatest good with the power men and women must work together. Both sexs think only for themselves and thus things fall apart. But you CAN NOT just point and Faile and go "she's a bitch because she thinks for herself and doesn't do everything Perrin tells her to."[/quote']

That's not really so true. The girls in the story often jump to conclusions about the boys, and get it wrong. How much has Mat had to put up with for instance? How many times did he have to save them for the girls to say thank you...Just a thank you.

It's not that they're not subservient, it's that they seem to expect the boys to act exactly like they're told, even when the boys have a better idea of what's going on.

J

Archived