DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is D?

Despair

Just finished KoDreams for the 4th time. I am never gonna read thru the series again.  I feel like I just ran a marathon.

What gets me is Demandred!  He is out there. He is exposed.  Who the hell is he?

We have already been told that M.T. isnt D.  I still think kinda.

But outside of Taim, who is it?  Demandred has been on the board for a while. Lots of people say he has never been introduced, but if you read carefully, he is in play big time.  Cant figure it out though.

Just finished KoDreams for the 4th time. I am never gonna read thru the series again.  I feel like I just ran a marathon.

What gets me is Demandred!  He is out there. He is exposed.  Who the hell is he?

We have already been told that M.T. isnt D.  I still think kinda.

But outside of Taim, who is it?  Demandred has been on the board for a while. Lots of people say he has never been introduced, but if you read carefully, he is in play big time.  Cant figure it out though.

Who the hell is he? RAFO:http://linuxmafia.com/jordan/1_dark/1.1_forsaken1/1.1.5_taimandred.html
We don't know.

There have been a lot of names bandied about as possibilties; Bashere, Masema, and the mysterious Taraboner seen in Arymilla's entourage outside Caemlyn [COT: 15, Gathering Darkness, 371] seem to be the most popular.

All of these can be debunked or contested for various reasons, but it's not necessary to do so:

Q: "Have we yet seen the alter ego Demandred presents to the Third Agers on-screen?"

A: "No." (I asked twice to make sure.)

[Michael Martin, Dayton OH signing]

So, if Demandred is disguising himself as someone, it's not someone we've met so far.

Of course, he may not be disguised as anyone. We are told that he likes to use proxies, so he could be using any number of people in such a capacity, and some people put forward as possibilities in such a capacity are: Mazrim Taim, King Roedran, Masema. But all of those are speculation.

I'm with Maj on this one.  I don't think he's impersonating anyone, but simply working through others.  I do believe he is responsible (through others) for the freeing of Mazrim Taim, the conflicts in the Borderlands which have caused the rulers to come south, and I believe he has planted the 13 Aes Sedai that are with those Borderlanders.

I also think that Demandred is responsible for whatever overall military tactics the Shadow is employing.

His name is Rhadam Asunawa.  While I certainly don't have any evidence to disprove your idea, I don't personally think Asunawa needs anyone behind him.  I think he does what he does all on his own.

Yep, that's the guy!  I knew y'all would know who I meant. :)  Although I agree that he's capable of just being that way naturally, I think there's an equal chance he's Demandred's pawn.  But sdly there's really nothing to prove it either way.

Whilst I am with Maj and Robert, I should point out that some people have offered quite compelling arguments for why Demandred may be posing as King Roedan of Murandy. The sudden unification of Murandy bringing together the only really experienced Westlands army short of the Borderlanders... there is sense there.

Archived