DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cat & Mouse?

Guest Estel

Hands roved under her skirts, inciting excitement that had nothing to do with her body natural reaction.  Her laugh was the same; he thought it pleasure, rather it was in expectation of what was to come.  And what she knew was about to happen was not what he was expecting.  Pleasure would certainly be involved but it would be completely one sided- he would not be on the receiving end.  Unless of course, he was a masochist in which case this might work out quite well until he noticed that there was a bit too much of his blood on the floor.

He wouldn’t be her first; neither for what she had in mind nor what he had in mind.  In fact he was so far from her first she had an entire routine.  Get him upstairs, mess around with him a bit, make sure she was the first to lose all her clothing and while he was dropping his breeches, gut him.  The hardest part of the job was making sure her clothing would be well away from the mess as she had every intention of wearing the same clothes back down to the commonroom yet tonight.

Pressed up against the door as she was, Jes groaned in expectation.  That alone was her foreplay, she didn’t need anything else.  “Are you going to open the door?  Or were you planning on finishing right in the hallway?”  He chuckled, revealing crooked, yellow teeth.  That was the reason why she was avoiding actually kissing him.  The rest of him wasn’t bad, the hard muscles of a merchant’s guard and if she could have found a bag for his pockmarked face, she might have even gone through with everything before killing him.

Practically throwing her through the door and onto the floor, Jes worried that he meant to beat her bloody before going on with the rest of that.  That would be rather… inconvenient.  It meant she’d have to gut him as he was above her and she had to leave this set of clothes here.  Unfortunate.  She had rather liked the way the deep V-neck of her blouse framed her generous cleavage.

“The bed would be a lot more comfortable, baby.”

His right fist connected with her stomach.  ‘Bastard.’  Stupidly, the man hadn’t pinned her arms and with a neat flick of her wrist her mini-seax was out and hilt-deep in his belly.

He went rigid and fell on top of her.  It was the poison, though, not death.  Paralysed, he didn’t feel her savage boot to his groin as she rolled out from under him.  Touching her quickly blackening cheek, she smirked at him.  “For that hunny, I’ll leave you alive.  But without, certain… appendages.”

Ooc: Sorry it took so long. I'm not quite done, but I'm falling asleep. If you come up with a post, feel free to reply to this one, if not, I'll finish it up tomorrow.

IC:

Donovan straightened from his crouch and wiped his hands on the edge of his pristine cloak with a heavy sigh. She had not been difficult to follow; the girl knew nothing about covering her tracks. Not that it would have mattered really, even if she had been a master woodsman a trained monkey could have followed the trail of bodies she left behind. It looks like I'm going to have to get my hands dirty with this one.

The sinking sun flashed through the trees setting the woods ablaze with its gentle radiance, and Donovan looked down at the town bustling before him. The smithy, fletcher, and several other services lay nestled within the bend of the stream that curved around the east end of town. Several smaller building constituted the town square, most of them minor shops and residences, though one appeared to be a stables for buying and exchanging horses. Odd for a town of this size. Must be along a well known messenger route.

A decent sized paddock swept off to one side of the stables, crossing the brown grass to meet up with the three story building off to the side. The embossed wooden sign marked this building as the Inn, if its size hadn't, and the hideous shade of green it was painted drew the eye like rot to a corpse. A small section of the building jutted out opposite the stables, and a small chimney puffed out a steady stream of grey smoke.

Turning, Donovan walked back to where he had tied Jitters to a stump. The horse shied when he got near, and Donovan couldn't help but laugh. By all rights the horse should have been put down years ago. The poor boy had been through so much in his short life that he had developed an almost female like quality of jumping at the silliest things.

He shook his head as he knelt to untie his 'valiant' steed and thought on the situation with this Kenan character. Her killing spree had started back in Amadacia with the deaths of her father, and later her husband. Donovan had already been on her trail when he found the body of the ex-Captain. In truth he hadn't mourned the loss. He had never been much of a fan of the Questioners, and wasn't about to change his mind now. They served their purpose, however, though many times a single member of the Whisper could accomplish more than a contingent of the Hand.

Of course, he was biased. Still, it was clear that whatever was going on here, it ran far deeper than simply a frightened little witch learning to channel for the first time. No one left a trail of bodies this long that didn't have a story to tell, and Donovan meant to hear it.

Placing his foot in the stirrup, he mounted Jitters carefully, moving slowly so as not to spook the animal. Taking one last look around at the forest, he headed into town, his thoughts never leaving the young Mrs. Ana Kenan. If he was right, she was choosing her victim now. He'd probably a patron at the Inn, likely a traveler with his own room so that no one would miss him too soon. She'd look for someone attractive, but if she couldn't find one, it wouldn't stop her from making a choice. One way or another she would kill someone before sleeping tonight.

Jitters cantered nervously as they rode up to the stables. Dismounting quickly, he smiled at the lad who appeared from the shadows and rummaged about his belt pouch for a piece of the Altaran hard candy he was so fond of. Flashing it before the boy's eyes, he smiled and asked, "What's your name son?"

"Tomas, Sir."

"Well Tomas Sir," he said with a grin and a wink, "I'm Donovan, and this here is Jitters. I need you to take extra special care of him. He's a bit skittish, so you have to be careful that he doesn't get spooked." Donovan placed the candy in the boy's hand and recieved a broad grin. "Do you think you can do that?"

Tomas nodded vigorously as the candy disappeared in his pocket. "I can do that sir!" The excitement in his voice was palpable. Donovan grinned and patted him gently on the cheek.

"Good boy. I'm sure Jitters will like you just fi- oh, wait, what's this?"

Pulling his hand away from the boys face, he brandished a shiny silver penny. "You must have money growing in your ears." Tomas' astonished laughter brought another smile to Donovan's face, and he placed the coin in the boy's hand as well. "I'll tell you what, Tomas'. If you promise to feed and water Jitters here, and make him ready to leave before the moon rises, I'll go ahead and let you keep this one. How does that sound to you?"

The excitement in Tomas' eyes shown like a candle in a dark room as his head bobbed up and down. "That sounds just grand Mr. Donovan! I'll wait with him all night if you need."

"Thank you Tomas, but I don't think that will be necessary." Reaching back up, Donovan pulled a small brown sack out of his saddlebags and handed it to Tomas. "Jitters likes his sugar cubes. They calm him down. Make sure he gets a few after he eats." Tousling the kid's hair, he stood and smiled down at the boy. "I'm sure you and he will have plenty of fun. I'll see you later tonight Tomas." With that he turned and entered the Inn.

~Donvan Rile

Cat

The noise of the common room assailed him as he opened the door. Beyond the faint scent of spiced apples there was little remarkable about the interior of the Green Lady. It was exactly like the dozen other common rooms he'd been in while chasing this woman. Sure, the layout was different, and the last Inn had square tables instead of the low benches and long tables that made up the Lady's decor. He made his way to the back, making his way towards the scrawny man behind the bar.

Great, a thin Innkeeper. I won't be eating here.

"Good evening sir." He said in a cheerful voice over the din of the bar. "I was wondering if you could help me with something."

"If yer lookin' fer a room, we're full. Young woman just purchased the last one." The skeleton of a man said, turning his back to the bar and putting the glass he was polishing under the counter. "Lots'a drink though."

A woman? Hmm...

"Can you tell me what this lady looked like?" The Innkeeper turned back to him, his sunken eyes taking him in as if for the first time. They widened a little when they noticed his cloak.

"Restricted information. I doon let Darkfriends stay here, and I no be needing trouble." With that he turned to walk away. As his eyes fell on the rather large purse on Donovan's belt, he stopped for a moment, his eyes considering. "Maybes I could point ye in the direction of her room though.... fer a price."

Subtle.

Donovan caught the man's eyes and held them. He slowly laid two crowns on the bar, his hand remaining on top of them. "For the room."

The man grinned revealing his blackened teeth and gave him the room number. 303. The girl liked to live dangerously. Well, he had caught her this time. Stupid of her to buy a room.

He made his way out of the common room quickly, his footsteps echoing up the stairwell ahead of him. He checked his harness, making sure that his axes were secure and ready. As he approached the room, two down on the right of the stairs, he slowed his pace and waited cautiously, listening for sound from the other side. He heard a muffled scuffling coming from somewhere, but he couldn't quite place it.

Burn this!

Sliding one of his axes out, he held it at the ready and kicked in the door.

~Donvan Rile

Cat

• 4 weeks later...

When the door banged open, Jes had her back to it, straddling the corpse.  As promised, certain appendages were... detached.  Her lawless life lending a sort of paranoia to the way she reacted to sudden appearances, Jes spun around, launching a knife in the direction of the door.

When her momentum-carried black hair finally settled back in place away from her vision, a large man stood in the door, her knife buried in the wall of the opposing hallway.  What truly raised her eyebrows, as her heart simultaneously sunk, was the horribly familiar pristine cloak hanging from his shoulders.  What was more, she vaguely recognized him.  Donald?  Something like that.  He wasn’t a questioner in any case which was a definite plus- the her ego did suffer a little prick that the Fortress would only send a regular grunt to apprehend a woman who had killed two of their own.

“You’re a lucky bastard, normally I don’t miss.” she said with a particularly evil grin, calculating whether or not she had time to throw the second knife before he sunk one of those axes in her skull.  It didn’t faze her at all that she was completely naked and covered in blood, what was more embarrassing was that her captive wasn’t actually dead yet.  Though with the blood loss he had... ten minutes?

“And to what do I owe this pleasure?  I can’t say I’m particularly happy to see one of the Children in light,” she snickered at her own pun “of a recent falling out between my father and I.”  With as little warning as possible, she launched the second knife.