DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Best roller coaster?

Guest Majsju

An old one in Gothenburg, all made of wood that made very worrying noises. It was not extemely fast, didn't have a loop, but it had a charm that I've never felt in any of those new fancy schamncy rollercoasters.

But then, there was that constant excitement of not knowing if it would fall apart :lol:

Too bad they took it down.

Guest Majsju

Tivoli in Copenhagen has a new ride that goes 80 meter up in the air, I'll probably check it out when it gets a bit warmer. Must just make sure to remember the correct order: Ride first, beer later :D

yeah, the texas giant... lifted me up out of my seat and into the lap bar, shook me so hard my muscles stayed tense for days and slid from side to side the whole time. that said, most roller coasters hold some thrill for me, as i am afraid of heights. the adrenaline rush is great. :P there is one is houston that does nothing but loops in every which way. clever enough to make it look like you are headed straight for the ground at several points. the bigger and faster the better, but not straight down.

like oblivion at alton towers. that is scary are hel.

especialy if there's a masive queue. and you watch and start to time how long everything takes... 3secs hanging at top...1sec falling... 4secs underground. its almost a relif when some scouse girls behind try to fondle you.almost ( :x scousers) . then the actual ride.hel man.

I might be doing the Millenium Force at Cedar Point later this year, and possibly Goliath if I get to go see Dragon Con.

Alys, I heard the Six Flags closed at Houston. Maybe they are keeping the parts for your roller to reput up at another park. They use the same coaster layouts in several parks, so I don't know.

Best wooden coaster: The Thunderbolt at Kennywood in West Miflin, PA (just outside of Pittsburgh). Once rated by the NY Times as the scariest roller coaster in the US. It's a rickety, frightening ride and has one of the longest drops of any wooden coaster in the world.

Best steel coaster: This one is a toss-up for me. I have always liked the the Double Dragon and The Hulk at Universal in Florida, the Kumba at Busch Gardens in Florida is incredibly fast and the Steel Phantom at Kennywood was the best coaster I'd ever been on before they took out all of the loops and made it into the Phantom's Revenge.

Guest Estel

Best Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force @ Ceader Point, though Mantis is great (unfortuanatly Top Thrill Dragster broke down while I was there :cry: )

Best Wooden: prolly Gemini @ Ceader Point...

Archived