DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Path Of Daggers Unabridged Audio Set???

Darth_Andrea

Has anyone heard anything new about when a Unabridged Audio Book of Path Of Daggers might actually come on the market. These stupid abridged versions aren't worth buying. And as I am trying to complete my collection of CD sets I need PoD and can't find one anywhere.

Darth_Andrea

I think they are working on it, but, I bought a used copy of the paperback, since it is not out yet.  I listened to all the others.  They do have a full audio version out in the library for the blind.  My sister and her boyfriend are both blind, so when they got to this book in the series, I listened to it at the same time, but I missed a LOT, so I bought the paperback. 

Oh getting ahold of a paper copy isn't my problem I could go to the book store or the library and get that. But the only time I have for books of any kind is when I am at work. I work alone as a Security guard. So given that I listen to audio books so I can watch my cameras when I am at the desk and (using a portiable cd player) when I go on partol hehe. I stupidly bought one of those abridged versions that was narated by someone else and it blew so may kinds of sour chunks and it didn't make sence. I sent a e-mail to  Audio Renaissance requesting the release of Path of Daggers in a unabridged version as soon as possiable. If anyonw would happen to also want to do so the link to their e-mail can be found on this page http://www.audiorenaissance.com/staticweb.aspx?content=contact just if you happen to feel like it of corse.

Darth_Andrea

It looks like it is not coming until Fall of 2008.  Here is something I found online:

"Posted by Brian on December 27th, 2006 at 11:09 am

Below was the response this morning. (12/27/2006)

Thank you for contacting Audible.com.

I apologize for the inconvenience. There is a break in the sequence of titles because Audio Renaissance didn’t start publishing the unabridged formats until the middle of the series. Then they worked backwards to offer the earlier titles in unabridged editions, interrupting that schedule only to offer the latest title in the series. That leaves Book 8, of which we will get as soon as the unabridged recordings are completed by the publisher.

Book 8 - The Path of Daggers (Unabridged) - delayed until Fall, 2008."

Here is the link to that page, which has more info:

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=251

It looks like it is not coming until Fall of 2008.  Here is something I found online:

"Posted by Brian on December 27th, 2006 at 11:09 am

Below was the response this morning. (12/27/2006)

Thank you for contacting Audible.com.

I apologize for the inconvenience. There is a break in the sequence of titles because Audio Renaissance didn’t start publishing the unabridged formats until the middle of the series. Then they worked backwards to offer the earlier titles in unabridged editions, interrupting that schedule only to offer the latest title in the series. That leaves Book 8, of which we will get as soon as the unabridged recordings are completed by the publisher.

Book 8 - The Path of Daggers (Unabridged) - delayed until Fall, 2008."

Here is the link to that page, which has more info:

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=251

At least it will be released. I never got a response to the e-mail I sent them...Damn corperate types.

Darth_Andrea

• 1 month later...

I wish I could download the book but i use a dial up internet connection that kicks me every 4 hours. The file is to large to get over my slow ass connection plus I have this odd affinity to have the box with the cover art on it. I don't like gaps on my shelf hehe.

Darth_Andrea

Guest silver89

I've never listened to a book before, have always read them. Is it worth it or is it just a matter of convinence? just thought to get your opinions before I bought. :)

I recently invested in the audio set of the series, I gotta say, for me it was worth it. I have the books, and read the series through the first time with only the books. But having the CD's aswell halves my 'reading time' I combine the book and CD's now. I can listen to the CD's when I'm stuck in traffic and read the books before I go to bed. I manage to cover about 150 pages a day now.

Makes for reasonably quick re-reads! :P

The other handy thing is it manages to correct all the poor pronunciations you pick up by guessing what they should sound like!

I've never listened to a book before, have always read them. Is it worth it or is it just a matter of convinence? just thought to get your opinions before I bought. :)

I find it a little bit of both. The audio books, for me at least, allow me to see the books in my mind better than reading them. When reading the logical half of your brain is more active than your creative half. Which dulls the image in your mind at least it's that way for me. Listening to the story allows your creative half to work over time putting images to the words comming over the speakers and given how RJ wrote all the detailed descriptions of so much it runs like a movie in my mind. With the 2 different readers handing off when the Pov changes from male to female it makes it flow very very well.

Darth_Andrea

• 1 year later...

Archived