DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Last Battle

Davram

In a more serious way, I am quite convinced it will not be just the single battle around SG. Rather, we will see a massive onslaught of shadowspawn pouring into Randland. The White Tower will be attacked, as will several other places. I can see Andor being the stage for the greatest battle if you look at manpower. Lan and the men joining him will make a stand at Tarwin's Gap, trying to hold back at least some of the hordes of trollocs, myrdraal and so far unseen creatures.

In the middle of all this, Rand and a "small" group will Travel to the outskirts of SG, (small in this case means a good deal of channelers, a couple of thousand Aiel, and possibly a bunch other soldiers.They will fight their way to SG, facing the nastiest of nasty creatures, as well as SH, Moridin and possibly a few other forsaken, at least Cyndane and Moghedien. Almost all of the non-channelers will be slaughtered, along with many of the channelers.

Guest cwestervelt

Lan is all about duty.  If he successfully raises an army, he will not desert it.  Nynaeve only needs to be with him long enough to send them where ever Lan needs to go, aka Tarwin's Gap as mentioned previously.

Above it is stated that then main battle could take place in Andor Due To Manpower, but due To Caemlyn being the only defensible position it is unlikeley that humanitys army would seek an open battle with an army that could outnumber them 10-1. They would try to buy Rand time by using the numerous defences of the borderlands. ???

I dont think the largest battle will take place in any one place, i think it will be more like a battle front, while major battles will happen here and there at major cities, then Shadowspawn and other creatures will create a front like in WW1 (without the trenches) but i think that it will be a gradual advance. Randland is made up of mostly empty space from what ive seen on maps and read in the books, it would not be hard for a shadowspawn army to surround an entire city and crush it, unless there is a body of water around....

Guest cwestervelt

I'd expect more of a Shadow Blitzkrieg.  Once they are through the Borderlands, there is just nothing to stop them sweeping almost to the Sea of Storms and the Aryth Ocean.

I doupt it,the forsaken have expendable numbers of shadowspawn to use they wouldnt risk it all on one massive confrontation especially now that Rand has the ashaman and Egwene supports him,they would kill the few channelers besides the forsaken(who owing to their nature wouldnt even try to fight that many.) ???

There are a lot of things that are going to happen in the last book.  There will be multiple confrontations and skirmishes and most likly battles as well.  The DO's forces will most likly wage war on Randland.  I don't think any of that matters with regard to the last battle.  TG is the confrontation between Rand and the Dark One (or perhaps Moridin as his champion).  That battle will take place wherever Rand is when it happens.  If it isn't at Tar Valon or Caemlyn then whatever battles happen in those places couldn't rightly be called TG (unless Rand is waygating all over the world throughout the fight).

First, someone has to go around to all of the closed waygates and open them back up...unless Loial fibbed about closing them...why would he do that?

Not nessasarily. Racall that channelers can blow them open without needing to unlock them, and besides, since its like Karldin placed wards on them, a channeler would be required to make them useful again anyway.

My thoughts on TG are long and boring, and were apparently lost when the boards changed. Damn. Knowing me ill probably re-write them some time soon, but still. Sucks.

Guest cwestervelt

First, someone has to go around to all of the closed waygates and open them back up...unless Loial fibbed about closing them...why would he do that?

Not nessasarily. Racall that channelers can blow them open without needing to unlock them, and besides, since its like Karldin placed wards on them, a channeler would be required to make them useful again anyway.

My thoughts on TG are long and boring, and were apparently lost when the boards changed. Damn. Knowing me ill probably re-write them some time soon, but still. Sucks.

I don't think blowing them open is an option.  If Loial closed them by taking the leaf keys away, like he was supposed to do, then the Talisman of Growing is needed to reopen the ways.  Karldin was just there to take Loial from one Gate to the next.

I don't think blowing them open is an option.  If Loial closed them by taking the leaf keys away, like he was supposed to do, then the Talisman of Growing is needed to reopen the ways.  Karldin was just there to take Loial from one Gate to the next.

The leaves were missing from the one in Shienar, and Moiraine cut through it. Besides, Loial himself says that when both leaves are removed than only a Talisman of Growing or an Aes Sedai could open a waygate in tSR.

So yes, blowing them open is an option.

Trollocs will ravage the lands....the Borderlands will be overrun.....hundreds of thousands of Trollocs shall swallow the nations...and the Dark One will roam...in the midst of the chaos taim will die...his followers will step down...and the Black Tower shall stand with White Tower and the two shall stand united...

Archived