DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rands half brother possibly?

elmindreda

hey this is my first post so i dont know if you guys have discussed this and im only half way through book ten but i dnt mind spoilers if it comes to that.

Has anyone thought that the guy who rescued rand was his half brother?

Yes thats rite his half brother... because when he asked permision to enter rhuidean (sp?) they said his mum had a kid before she joined the Aiel. And if rand thinks he knows the man but doesnt at the same time doesnt know him it could be the brotherly bond. also if rand can channel its possible his halfbrother can too.

and another quick question is what happened with the connecting the balefire?

be honest with what you think[/b]

Hi Min, welcome to Dragonmount.

This has been discussed at length in previous posts. You might want to skim through and read what interests you, I highly recommend it.

The answer to your questions is that Galad is Rand's half-brother, and Moridin (Ishmael reborn via Dark One) is the gent who saved Rand in Shadar Logoth and crossed balefire streams with Rand. That crossing of streams appears to have linked Rand and Moridin.

Guest Majsju

If I remember correctly, you get the information about Galad in LOC, and enough information about Moridin in LOC to recognize him when he appears in Shadar Logoth in ACOS.

Tigraine is Rand's real mother. She was married to Galad's father before she joined the Aiel. She had Galad and then fled. Soon after, Morgase married Galad's father and then had Elayne and Gawyn. Tigraine joined the Aiel, became a Maiden of the Spear, and then got pregnant with Rand with an Aielman. And the rest, is prophecy.

Archived