DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How did Callandor "recognize" Rand?

GrandpaG

there was a ward placed on it made with both halves of the power as i recall

how a ward made many many years before rand was born could be attuned to him alone i dont claim to know. i dont even recall most of the history of the stone so your guess would propably be as good as mine... maybe better

The Stone was made during the final days of the Breaking, which suggests that it was made around Callandor, as opposed to housing Callandor.

As to how the ward recognized Rand... frankly I am uncertain, though we do know that Aes Sedai had methods of manipulating the soul (the hedgehog etc). It's possible that they also had ways of recognising specific souls (which even makes sense given the ability to disguise ones appearence in TAR) and that that is how the ward recognized Rand.

More problematic for me is how the hell did the Eye of the Wolrd work (i mean the function of need, and so forth). We know from RJ that the Blight has no reflection in TAR, so it couldn't have been a function of transposing the world of dreams on the real world, like, say the Horn.

Would any male channeller have been able to grasp callandor if they had made it to the Heart of the Stone?  Or, did callandor know who Rand was?  If so, how? ???

They'd been introduced a few years prior at the Choeden Kals' Beltine party. After a long, slightly drunk discussion of what exactly the secret ingredient was in the female key's cocktail weenie sauce, they promised to keep in touch but Callandor quickly lost Rand's number as it had no pockets and Rand got busy with shearing season and it completely slipped his mind. (The secret ingredient is red currant jelly, by the way.)

Would any male channeller have been able to grasp callandor if they had made it to the Heart of the Stone?  Or, did callandor know who Rand was?  If so, how? ???

It was made during the breaking of the world by Aes Sedai who had met Lews Therin when he was alive. I assume they were able to attune the wards to Lews Therin soul.

It was made during the breaking of the world by Aes Sedai who had met Lews Therin when he was alive. I assume they were able to attune the wards to Lews Therin soul.

This seems to be accurate, re-read The Shadow Rising the section where Rand is reliving the lives of his blood line learning the History of the Aiel. It shows some of the Aes`Sedai planing the placement of the sword and talking about some young male channelers who hadn't been touched by the taint enought for the insanity to take them yet.

Darth_Andrea

Archived