DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Joline cetainly had the bid O

Despair

:D  Knife of Dreams: A Short Path

"The a'dam can also be used to give pleasure, as a great reward," Tuon told Joline, ignoring the hammering fist behind her.

Joline's lips parted, and her eyes grew very wide. She swayed, and the rope-suspended table swung as she caught herself with both hands to keep from falling. If she was impressed, though, she hid it well.  She did smooth her dark gray skirts once after she was upright again, but that might have meant nothing. Her face was all Aes Sedai composure.

Jackie Collins Jordan

Guest cwestervelt

It is, at least in part, the mind of the reader only seeing one interpretation.  The Power can be used to directly stimulate the areas of the brain that interpret pain and pleasure.  We saw this done by Graendal or Semirhage to the captured Aes Sedai and Warder until they cracked from it.  Tuon likely did much the same thing to Joline.

Jeez, is it so hard to use the word "orgasm?"  I mean please,..it´s a scientific term and well within PG13 terms.
Why do I suddenly get a vision of a bunch of sniggering children saying "he said orgasm"?

Guest cwestervelt

Probably because using "the big 'O'" already planted that image in the first place.  What your seeing no is just their astonished and impressed expressions now.

You've messed up my mind!  :o

I am doing a re-read, and since the last post about the big "O" and this one, everything I read, suddenly has a "dirty" meaning.  "Oh...maybe she meant this or he meant that...oh!"

I just need to bring my mind back out of the gutter!

Nothing a little lye soap can't handle!

* takes down the whole mess of them and washes out their dirty minds *

* smiles widely at a job well done *

Next time you'll think twice about misusing the letter "O"!!!  8)

* flourishes his multicolored cloak *

* struts away in victory *

How come everyone sees "pleasure" and automatically thinks "orgasm," or "sexual pleasure."

Please, that is not all that pleasure is limited too.

I suppose next that people will start thinking that drawing on saidar, and feeling "rapturous," is like having sexual pleasure.

How ridiculous! Maybe its a more sublime pleasure...

Ok, point taken.  It just gets so dry between hundreds of pages that you hope their is something going on.  An orgasm is probalby the most pleasurable thing you can ever have!  If you disagree, you should either a) try to have more b) get divorced or c) give up your religion.

As for the using the term rapturous, that is really the wrong word.  The etymology of the word is from French meaning the "act of carrying off". From Latin, raptura, which means rape or seizure.  Our great Christian language made it a good thing in the 1600s to reward men during conquest.  A man after combat could feel the rapture!! Basically, rape and pillage.

Actually, if touching the Source feels as good as having an orgasm (I wouldn't know), that would explain why the Aes Sedai don't get married (it's intuitively obvious), and why they learned to control their features to such perfection. After all, you can't go around with your eyes all but popping out of their sockets and your mouth hanging open every time you embrace saidar...

Well..*cough*  A Servant of All 'embracing' my Source -of Creation, mind you- certainly hightens my senses and gets the power flowing....

Channeling-a-go-gooo!

*looks around*

Whaaat?

Archived