DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Da'covale becomes Sul'dam.

Hagazussa

If someone was da'covale and it was discovered they could become a Sul'dam, would she then be freed and have a competently new social status as a Sul'dam have a rather high place in Seanchan society, would she be denied training, or would she become a Sul'dam but still be owned property?

Alo on the other side of the coin. if a noblewomen had the ability to become a Sul'dam, would she keep her title and sosical standing even if working as a full fledged Sul'dam. Tuon after all have the ability but she do not work as a Sul'dam, and I do not know if she have the title of Sul'dam either.

Guest cwestervelt

The Seanchan a very thurough at searching for Channellers and those that can learn.  I really doubt they would ignore a section of their society.

Yes I think they search the Da'covale to see if they are damane and surly collar anyone they find, but I was thinking about Sul'dam what would happen if a Sul'dam was originally basically a slave? Would she have training to work as a Sul'dam and would she gain her freedom by the fact that she could control damane?

Alo on the other side of the coin. if a noblewomen had the ability to become a Sul'dam, would she keep her title and sosical standing even if working as a full fledged Sul'dam. Tuon after all have the ability but she do not work as a Sul'dam, and I do not know if she have the title of Sul'dam either.

Nobles are rarely tested, at least that is the impression I got from Tuon's story.  If they can be trained as suldam they would likely take it up as a hobby, unless they were of the low blood, in which case they may take the position in an effort to adavance.

There is little information on the testing of da'covale as suldom, and given the fact that there are far more suldom than domanea I would not be surprised if they were not tested.

The entire population is tested for domenea, weather they are da'covale, or the heir to the throne.

Guest cwestervelt

BTW, when I said, "those that can learn," earlier that was a reference to Suldam.  I made an assumtion that everyone knew that by now, but I probably shouldn't have done so.

Archived