DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Newbie in session!!

moonshine

Top o the morning to you fellow Wheel of time fans. My name is Jim and I come from the wetlands, or Ireland if you will.

I start reading the books only a year ago and have recently finished the series  and am now re-reading (there was a break for potter 7 ;)) anyway love the site and hope to make some lovely friends here.

May all of you find shade.

Cheers, glad to see that you joined us. If you are looking for parts of the community to take a specific look at, be sure to check out fiddlesticks, the Children of the Light and all of the orgs. You will find that most of the groups for the various places that I mentioned above will be by to tell you about their place of residence.

Welcome to Dragonmount Moonshine! I love your country! I hope to see it someday. I am stuck in the states for now. While you are out visiting places in the site please consider a visit to the Aiel Org. We have lots of fun there.

Hey!  Always *illuminators* nice *illuminators* to *illuminators* see *illuminators* another *illuminators* voracious *illuminators* reader!

I won't try to sway you to an org *illuminators*, but you might want to consider checking out the Illuminators*illuminators*

;D

Hey, Moonshine welcome to DM, well I'm to unashamedly recruit for my orgs. Oh and the Irish...that accent is adorable, so where in the Emerald Isle are yu from?

To down to the recruitment...

The wolfkin is a wonderful place to meet and have fun, it's the home of Chilli, a self filling TQ lake, Cheerleaders and Pirates and we have our own TQ lake monster...Larry. So for that family feel it's the place to be, oh and we're into nature too.

Next there is the Band of the Red Hand (yep I beat Corki to this ;D), full of battle brew, brawls, jousting, a few sword fights, wenches galore (all armed and ready). It's the home of music and travel, so pop along.

You may want to go the traditional route of warder (or even Aes Sedai), and if you do make sure you drop bythe Red Ajah, we love to have fresh blood faces arounf the place

*Snugglebites Moonshine in his welcome*

*walks in with two bottles of tequila (TQ) and two bowls of chilli*  Welcome to DM, Moonshine! *hands him a bottle and a bowl*  I hope you are enjoying yourself so far. 

If I may suggest an org, I would definately suggest the wolfkin, we are a fun loving group and we have pleanty of it.  Like Talya said, plenty of tequila, chilli, cheerleaders, and pirates.  Seriously, we are a crazy group!  Come by and say hello sometime, we love visitors and you are sure to recieve a welcome like no other.  *clinks bottles with Moonshine*  Cheers, mate!

fiddlesticks..oh waits that not an org,..an orgy (of sillyness...amongst other things ;) ) maybe, but no org..so you dont even have to join... and omd moonshine is an awwwwwwsome name ;D , and  from ireland to boot, its just like a neverending stream of greatness :D

Blame work for the fact I wasn't here earlier!

And the ORG Empy is talking about is the Band of the Red Hand - DM's music and travel ORG. Of course, we do much more than just discuss music and travel, like brawl, drink Brew, bash each other's heads in our dice roller game, sing Jak O' the Shadows, gamble, and much much more!

WHatever you do here at DM, have lots of fun!  :)

It almost seems like I am setting up the next post with my vague references to this awesome (yet mysterious) org. 

They say the org only comes out at night and moves from one location to another and that the only way to find it is to find Ben Franklin's eye glasses, a 8 inch stick, and wear rubby slippers.  Oh what a sight this org is..... It brings a little tear to my eye *tear*

What?  So I am off my meds again.... I will just take a double dose later. 

Thank you all for such a lovely welcome or Faílte as we say here in Ireland. And  thats some amount recruiting lads.

Why is it so important to join an org if i may be so impertinent? But if (going from to books i would go for me fav group which is Mattys band of the red hand. I wouldnt really be as so boring to go for a warder or Aes sedai. Although cool at the beginning of the series they just turn out to be kids squabbling over toys from what I read.

Also im a bit of a dark fiend meself, I always root for the bad guy. How I cried at the end of harry potter when the good guys won >:( .

And is there pictures in these sweat tents you speak of? ;D

And again: go raibh míle maith agat.

Excellent questions.

Orgs may be based on book names but generally they have little to do with the books.  I would say take a tour and see what is being dicussed on each public board to see what you like.  Each org generally has a theme.

Why join an org?  Ummmm.... because you like the people associate with it.  Because you really like the theme and want to contribute more than an average poster.  Because you like the idea of ranks.  There are many reason, but really you don't need to join to participate.  Just stop in and start threads or join an exisiting discussion.

Now if you want to Role Play, check out the RP boards. 

you can have mine if you want, the orange ferrits tell me not to take them anyway so there just going to waste otherwise

and damn after i get cymraeg down im so learing um.. Gaeilge right

oh wait i never said hi, ok ill try this in welsh for us celts (cos i cant steal any irish off my friend and he'll probable give me some insult bout sh*ging potatoes or something )

*edit, saw last post*

Sut mae a croeso i Ddragonmount, oes amser happus 'da chi (maybe sometime 'ti':) )

and no you dont have to join an org, i never did, yet,(excepting fiddles but that isnt an org and you dont have to join so :P ) and iv been here for over a year now (they tell me im getting old now) but they as like little communitys , within the bigger one of the rest of dragonmount where you can do fun stuff chat and get to know people better :) ..and i taken so long somebody else has probaly already said this by now oh well

but Loki you say it so beautifully...Loki I thought you were joining the wolfies... ;)

And as the others say the Org are just places to hand out if you want and meet like minded people. But you don't have to there are Debates and discussions, Fiddlesticks for random, spamming and vast imagination, and the Wheel of Time Discussions. Took me nearly a year before I made it beyond there...

Sorry can't speak Gaelic...though have some cd's with Gaelic sounds on... ;D

But we know that you won't be able to resist the call of having a Battle Brew with the Band around our campfires. ;)

I can't speak any Welsh apart from borar dar (I know that is spelt wrong! lol), but I am an Englishman living in exile! But if you want me to try and speak dead languages (i.e. Latin and Ancient Greek), I'll have a lot more success!

Archived