DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

From the Depths a New Member Emerges...

Xefan

Hi all, I'm Xefan.  :D (i like this smiley)

I recently finished The Dragon Reborn for the first time and am frantically searching for the Shadow Rising.  How I started reading the series is not a really interesting tale.  My dad bought a book for me call the Path of Daggers.  I read it and I liked it, though I didn't understand it much, then I noticed it was Book 8.

That when I went searching for the Eye of the World.  Great book.  My favorite so far is the Dragon Reborn for obvious reasons, I think.

I need to know if there are places I should stay away from so as to avoid spoilers.  And what is the thing about the Organizations?

X

Do not venture into the General WoT discussion. That will be your doom. There is a few safe threads in the Structured Discussion, and they can be reached via one of the stickies at the top of this forum, although those links will take you to our old forums.

The Orgs are small community hangouts that discuss various things and do various activities. An exampe of this would be the Illuminator's, whom are the creativity outlet. They are the place to go if you want to write or draw pictures and so on... another example might be the Seanchan, as they spend their time discussing the latest movies, TV shows and console games. Most of the Orgs will be through here soon enough to try and recruit you. To join an Org you should go to the Org and post on their boards (in the appropriate thread if it is there) saying that you would like to join. It is recommended that you start with just a few orgs at the beginning, and join more if you so wish later on.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll just put General WoT Discussion on the  "Do Not Enter" list.

Illuminators and Seanchan?  Seanchan rings a bell, but I can't remember from where...

I'll have to check them out then.

X

Hi Xefan, looks like you have already jioined th Band, but I can also recommend the Wolfkin, where they have TQ, chilli, cheerleaders and pirates..and such a great atmosphere.

But wherever you go be sure to enjoy yourself :D

*walks in and hands Xefan a bottle of tequila and a bowl of chilli*  Welcome, mate!  Glad to have you at DM.  I agree with you, The Dragon Reborn is an awesome book!!!  The Shadow Rising is also a really good one.  A looot of cool stuff happens in it.  Just wait until you get to Knife of Dreams (book 11)  It is astounding!!! 

Speaking of Orgs, I would like to extend a paw in a formal welcome to come and hang out with us at the Wolfkin.  We are a crazy bunch and we have a lot of fun over there.  There will be pleanty of tequila, chilli, cheerleaders *eyebrow thing*  and pirates.  I know you are thinking, "cheerleaders and pirates?  Has this bloke lost his mind?"  You will just have to come over and see what I mean.  We do so love visitors, so stop by and say hello and you are sure to recieve a welcome like no other!  *clinks TQ bottles with Xefan*  Cheers!!!

Hiya Xefan! Welcome!

Avoid the WoT discussion thread like the plague if you want to avoid spoilers. The RPG is a bit dodgy spoilers-wise too (some stuff is similar to the books, ect.) O course, the easiest way to avoid spoilers would to be to munch your way through the rest of the series, but I guess its a matter of finding the books. Amazon.com is where I got a lot of mine, if that helps. Usually they arent too badly priced. Or a bookshop-WoT is modern enought to still be in print.

Organisations (orgs) are little communities. Theres a lot of people on Dragonmount and orgs give you a way to get to know people better without feeling like the new kid by seperating people with similar interests. You can join as many orgs as you like, though, so just because you join one doesnt mean you will never get to know the rest of DM! Im probably confusing...Ill shut up! Barmacrals explaination makes more sense :)

Oh! Just while I remember to say, The RPG section has different divisions (the bits ending with DiV). These are unconnected to the Orgs-they are just places for people in the RPG with similar characters.

Wolfkins resident newbie recruiters have already swooped and beat me to it *pokes Dolesan and Talya* :D Wolfkin is indeed an awesome Org. And the White Tower is kick-ass too.

Ill stop prattling now, but welcome!

Archived