DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Did Siuan really skip the Oath Rod?

Nalesean

What Moiraine_Damodred and bcxanth said :) I dont think there would be a way to skip the oath rod for those being raised to Aes Sedai (excluding Nynaeve, Egwene, Elayne, Theodrin and Faolin) because thats sort of the key bit. The Otah Rod binds Aes Sedai to the tower. Apart from that, Siuan is an oath rod fan. She is horrified when Egwene suggests the link between the oath rod and lifespans should mean the oath rod is abolished.

Guest cwestervelt

Siuan's attitude concerning the Oath's is perfectly clear.  She is adamant that she will retake the Oath's as soon as the can obtain the Rod.  Heck, she's the one responsible for screwing with Egween to the point of accepting the Oath's as necessary.

Yet, lying does not seem to bother her until she takes the oaths back :p

Aes Sedai can twist the truth skillfully.

Also, Siuan has been a darkfriend since childhood (yup...black ajah).  Re-read the part where she was raised AS.  You don't hear her complaining about the discomfort of the oaths settling in.  HHhhMmmm.

Not to mention the fact that if she was already in the Black Ajah, she would already have to have taken their Oaths ... I think they might have noticed if she looked ageless before she was raised.

Also, Aliviarin would have known, and Mesaana probably wouldn't have engineered her downfall.

But I think Gramps was just having a little fun, guys.

Not to mention the fact that if she was already in the Black Ajah, she would already have to have taken their Oaths ... I think they might have noticed if she looked ageless before she was raised.

Also, Aliviarin would have known, and Mesaana probably wouldn't have engineered her downfall.

But I think Gramps was just having a little fun, guys.

You've come to know me too well...I'll have to try harder icon_twisted.gif

edit:

==============================================

It's not real...it's just a story...it's not real...

I'm surprised no one mentioned anything about the ageless faces.

The Oath Rod is why Aes Sedai have ageless faces and Siuan obviously had one. She lost her agelessness when she was stilled. The Oath Rod is, of course, also why AS don't live as long as other channelers.

Archived