DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"A New Turn"

Blackrose

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass leaving memories that become legend, then fade to myth, and are long forgot when that Age comes again. In one Age, called the Fourth Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past  a wind rose in the Tower named the White tower. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.

But this was A new turn

Guys i've made a new RP site it only has The White Tower so far because starting with too mant factions is always a problems because you have so may open places, so i've started with the white tower theres a list of openings and anyone who has any skill in designing logos etc are welcome.

So join us in A new turn, and become someone special

http://z11.invisionfree.com/A_new_turn/index.php?act=idx

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass leaving memories that become legend, then fade to myth, and are long forgot when that Age comes again. In one Age, called the Fourth Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past  a wind rose in the Tower named the White tower. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time.

But this was A new turn

Guys i've made a new RP site it only has The White Tower so far because starting with too mant factions is always a problems because you have so may open places, so i've started with the white tower theres a list of openings and anyone who has any skill in designing logos etc are welcome.

So join us in A new turn, and become someone special

http://z11.invisionfree.com/A_new_turn/index.php?act=idx

FYI, I'd make sure I had permission from RJ/Tor before putting that quote up on your website, since it's likely to constitute copyright infringment

Oh um eek im scared, well if they have a problem i'd like them to PM me and i'll gratefully sort it out so until then  sign up

uh, they are far more likely to send you a cease and desist letter, on law firm stationary, than to PM you.  Your life would probably be much easier if you just emailed some people - ask Jason who he goes to at TOR for necessary legal permissions, then e-mail them and get their ok.

But if you'd rather be sued . . . your call

I think Kivam's warning was meant kindly and doesn't need to be sneered at.

Though I will say Tor is pretty good at allowing us to use quotes from the series to promote the series on our sites. I've never had a problem working with them and neither has Jason. Still, you can never be too safe, legally speaking.

If that was aimed at me, I wasn't sneering nor did I single out any one person. Please don't put reactions to my words that aren't there. If it wasn't aimed at me then never mind.

There won't be any copyright infringements. All items will be correctly credited and any necessary permissions sought. So don't get in a twist about it.  ::)

OK, as long as you guys are getting the necessary permissions.  I'm not "getting in a twist about it"; other than a general interest in not having fellow WoT fans sued for easily preventable issues, I could care less what lews does.  As for items being "correctly credited", giving credit will not necessarily prevent a particular act from infringing a copyright.  The "wheel of time turns" paragraph is clearly substantially similar to Jordan's writing, which makes it infringing absent either permission from the copyright holder or a fair use defense (which would be extremely tough to make out). 

Of course, its unlikely that you'd actually get sued anyway . . . but the likelihood drops to zero if you get permission, which is why I suggested it.  But like I said - your call.     

And Tay - the rolleyes was a bit much, and why you got called out for sneering, I think

Possibly so Kivam, the roll eyes was actually because I'm so fed up of everyone jumping on everyone else these days round these boards and it looked like this thread was heading the same way. As I said, it wasn't sneering... it was more of an oh god here we go again.

On the copyright stuff, thanks. :D I appreciate the input. The site is new and still being worked on. Naturally, problems of that kind are the last thing anyone wants.

[quote author=Taymist link=topic=18507.msg495104#msg495104

On the copyright stuff, thanks. :D I appreciate the input. The site is new and still being worked on. Naturally, problems of that kind are the last thing anyone wants.

That's what I figured  ;D

Gotta say, love the pics of the kids in the sig... yours? They're so cute. I wish mine were that age again.

Thanks, me too  ;D

Yep, they're all mine (or, more realistically, I'm theirs).  I've got to update the sig - it's 6 months out of date.

How old are your kids?

Yeah, they really have that ownership thing down pat huh? *chuckles* Mine are 9, 14 and 17... the 9yr old is going on 60, the 14 yr old is a money pit and the 17 yr old wants to learn to drive  :-X lol

Archived