DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Most awe inspiring titles?

Guest Fire Lord

Guest Fire Lord

What title does it for you? Suppose you were shown all the books, and asked to pick one, going by their titles only, without any knowledge of whatever is inside, or without the art cover to give you a clue. Which would you pick?

Personally, I think Lord of Chaos is one of the best titles R.J. ever came up with. I liked the book before even reading it, just because of that title, and the book lived up to my expectations as well.

I like Crossroads of Twilight, there is a mysteriously chilling sound to it. And I liked the Dragon Reborn as well--up to the point where I realized that Rand only makes a cameo appearance in a book that should have been dedicated to him.

The Fires of Heaven doesn't sound bad, and Winter's Heart makes you go cold, though I didn't find it exactly a match to the book.

I still don't get what Knife of Dreams is supposed to mean ;D

Any favorite?

Guest Fire Lord

I read Knife of Dreams only once, so that maybe the reason why I'm failing to grasp it, but what does in reality 'Knife of Dreams' refer to?

and Winter's Heart makes you go cold, though I didn't find it exactly a match to the book.

I think that's one of the best titles, actually. It describes very well what happened to Rand's emotional health in that book, as a result of both the imprisonment in Far Madding and the Cleansing.

Guest Fire Lord

About Winter's Heart, I had actually never considered it to relate to Rand's emotional state. Viewed in that light, the title makes sense.

Robert, thanks for the clarification, and war definitely is no good to anyone, even the winners.

Are you sure that is what it means? Me, Im a little uncertain. Its got to be the most confusing prophecy yet...

Its not a prophecy at all.  Its from a book written on warfare.  And I'm pretty confident thats what it means.  War is hell, whether you win or lose.

I didn't mean to say it was a prophecy, sorry. But now, I do see how that makes sense.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived