DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fear my newness!

Siemba

Hello! Nice to be here. Ive been pottering around wotish sites for about a month and I finally decided to join a forum (after trying to join the old one and freaking out at the lack of register button only to join here and have a fight with the passwordness, heh heh.) Its been ages since Ive joined a completely new forum and I have absolutely no idea what to write as a 'me' intoduction, but I'll have a go :-\

Im a total WOT newbie, Im afraid. When it first came out, I wasnt reading it, probably because I wasnt at the 'grown-up' reading stage yet then. I had seen it lurking around and eventually this year, my father chucked one at me (a New Spring). Needless to say, addiction soon followed. No charity shop bookcorner has been safe for the past few weeks. And, having finished KOD, Im here, hoping feeding addictions is the way to go. My favourite characters from the books are Siuan and Nynaeve, though Mat has grown on me and Perrin is kindof ok. Um. Yes.

Anyhoo, I could probably prattle some more, but I wont bore you. Just wanted to say hi :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*is afraid of the newness*  :o *but hands Siemba a bottle of Tequila and a bowl of chilli anyway*  8)  Welcome, mate!  Glad to have you aboard and I hope that we can help feed the addiction.  I would suggest coming over to the Wolfkin!  We have loads of fun, and did I mention loads of chilli and tequila?  We also love visitors so come on by and you are sure to recieve a welcome like no other!  *clinks bottles with Siem*  Cheers!

Welcome. I fear no newness, I am the newbie overlord. Fear me! Mua hahaha.

Feeding your addiction is EXACTY the way to go. Unless you want to quit. But WoT isn't smoking, so hopefully you don't.

Any questions? Just ask us. And don't worry, the bandwagon of recruiter's will be around soon.

Thanks for the welcome! Not to mention the tequila ;) Yay, the addiction will be pleased. I'll probably have a wagonload of moronic newbie questions as soon as I think them up ;D Such as...recruiters? *hides*

*gives Siem some more tequila*  You're very welcome!  At the Wolfkin Org... yeah.. there is a whole lake of tequila.  *cough cough grunt*  And as far as recruiters... You'll see.  You have already come in contact with one *points at self*  I'm a shameless Wolfkin recruiter who bothers all the newbies trying to get them over to the Wolfkin Stedding and join us... But I did give you some tequila!!!  *gives more tq*  ;D

Recruiters try to get you to join their Org (a community hangout place) or a Div (roleplaying) They are all harmless and lots of fun. Don't be scared of them. If any of them start making you nervous though, just shoo them away, use a fly swatter if need be.

Never try to bribe them to leave you, or they'll soon be back to for you to bribe them to stay gone, and it just goes downhill from there. ;D

Bribery is the path to all success ;D Though flyswatters do have a certain charm...Mwahahaa. I guess I should read around a bit about these org doodles. Heh, forgot how fun it was to be a newbie :) Woo!

And Hi to Amethea too

Ello Ello!  Welcome to DM.  We have lots of fun here, and yes your addiction will be helped.  That is, we will make it stronger.  Come join the Black Tower and Shayol Ghul for some good spamming fun!  The Aiel is a great way to go too!

Welcome to Dragonmount  Siemba. We are happy to have you join us here. Fear the Overlord Barmy!! *giggle*

Please think about visiting the Aiel Org. We are a small group, but very friendly. Even if you don’t plan on joining at least come by for some oosquai and be treated to Aiel hospitality.

*and recruiter no 42194098309 steps onto the podium, goosing Barmacral and stealing Dos's TQ on the way*  ;D

*turns back round to admire Barmacral's retreating ba* ... errrr ... where was I ?  :-[

Oh yes ... new member ... right ... *clears throat* ... Hi, Siemba - Welcome to DM  :) I see Paetric hasn't been here yet, so i'll just invite you along to the Warder's Guild and the Ajah's. Especially the Reds - we're all fierce and ... *sneaks another look at Barmacral walking away* ... uhm yes gotta run we have rum and stuff so drop on by !  ;D

Dragonmount Forums > Organizations > The White Tower (Org) > The Great Hall (Org)

..so hey..and welcome. im not recruting. we dont recute. you are commited to the crazy house that is fiddlesticks ;) ;D but even if your not crazy (guilty until proven a salmon by a trout i say, verily i do sir) drob..um or drop even, by and um..do what ever it is we do in fiddles..oh right, well they tell me its spaming that they do..really? oh..well you could have took me one time..dont get angry with you..excuse me a momment, i just have to go sort out the voices in my head ::)..so enjoy dragonmount and have fun..whatever you do ;)

Hi Raena! I just swiped a couple o letters from my rl (the voices say rl exists...Im skeptical... ;D) name, jumbled them and smushed them together. Because Im 'cool' :D Though the lion king does entertain because there is Scar ;D

Howdy Faelene and sunglasses!

Hiya Pe Ell! Hmm, Shayol Ghul and the Black Tower? Ooh, prettiful spam. I might have a nose. After invading Wolfkin (well, they did bring tequila... ;))

Hello Minuet! Whats the Aiel org about?

Hi there, Elgee! You had me sold on the word rum ;)Ill check out the Ajahs and the Warder guild then ^^

Greetings redffern! Im neither salmon nor trout. Im more of a dogfish myself...yus...and most certainly not crazy... ;D

Thanks for all the welcomage people. You all seem very friendly :)

*sings an old Afrikaans lullaby just for Barmacral & Siemba ;)*:

"Siembamba, mama se kindjie, draai sy nek om, gooi hom in a sloot, trap op sy kop dan is hy dood"

Roughly translated:

"Siembamba, mama's child, twist his neck around, throw him in a ditch, step on his head and then he's dead"

My nanny sang this to me as a child ... might explain a few things  :o ;D

Elgee...what can you say to that? Your nanny obviously wanted to teach you self defense from an early age... :-\

Modified post to say:

A quick, very newbieish question. How do you join orgs? All the FAQ and org guide stuff says in very clear steps that you need to go to the 'usergroups' link thingy but I cant seem to find that... ???Is this just me being a twerp or is it something else? AOL perhaps? Or do you have to have been here a certain amount of time to find the 'usergroups' thingy in the first place? Sorry, Im probably being a prat and its right upder my nose, but any help will be really appreciated.

To join an org make a post in the particular org that you wish to join saying so. Its only a matter of time after that. The Admin's and Mod's actually have to go through the process of putting you in on these new boards.

Archived