DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Numero Uno- I am NOT a trainee

Christine

Deneira smiled as she walked around the yards. It was a new feeling, being a tower guard. She felt free, for some reason, as if a wait had been lifted off of her. In truth, there was a whole new weight on her shoulders. She had to teach, she had to train herself, she had to get her own butt outta bed, and she had to take guard duties. She had a feeling the first and last she would hate the most. But at least she wasnt the low of the low anymore. She hated people looking down at her. It didnt matter if she was fresh in the yard, or the oldest trainee. In everyone else's eyes, she was just the bottem of the totem pole- everyone else's work force. Now, at least she had someone below her, even though there was many above.

It was about midmorning, and the sun was rising high. She was already sort of tired, but that might be from the left over hang over from the night before. She would need to pic her drinking nights a little better... but she never knew when she would be called in to service. how did all of the Tower Guards do it? Perhaps one day, she would get the hang of it.

She ran for a while, through the ogier groves, across the training yard, and along the wall. It seemed to help with her hangover, some, but she was thinking of visiting the infirmary... perhaps they would have something for her there. Then again, no one in there really liked hungover Tower Guards, but she couldnt blame them. Their safety was in the hands of all tower guards. It would only be natural that they resent the drunk ones...

She wasnt paying much attention to where she was running, she just tried to concentrate on running straight and not falling over. Of course, with her luck, she ran straight... straight into someone. Even better, she fell... she tripped and fell over him. And she knew it was a him. She could hear him muttering curses, and she just groaned. Light, why this morning?

Deneira

Hungover Tower Guard

Ran looked around the yards. He looked to see if there was anyone to put him back to work if he would sit down for a while. Ran had just ran several rounds around the yards, and just wanted to sit and think. But would he sit here in the middle of the yards someone would want to put him back to work again. He looked around, but as the training yards was pretty busy already Ran decided to go to his Barrack. No one would ever see him if he would sit down at the others side of the barrack. He had been there before and hide for his Mentor once.

Ran started to walk in the direction of his Barrack. He was walking absent mindedly and didn't pay much attention to where he was walking. Suddenly Ran felt someone walking up against him. He fell on the ground and the person who wasn't paying attention to where she was looking either fell on him. "The Fortune may get me!" Ran cursed. He wasn't lying pretty comfortable with someone on him. When he acctually saw who it was that lay upon him, it became a little less unpleasant.

Ran Arosho

Tower Trainee

Deneira just closed her eyes for a moment and prayed to the light it wasn’t an officer. After a few moments, she rolled off of him and just laid there. She glanced over at him, and smiled. "Hi, I'm Deneira. What’s your name?"

Ran looked at Deneira and said "Where you just paying no attention or did you want to fall upon me?" After he'd said that he knew it was a stupid joke. "I'm Ran, nice to meet you."

Deneira just looked at him for a moment, and then laughed. She was too hung-over to even try to get up, and after a morning of training, her body ached. He just looked at her, a little in wonder, and she shook her head, and attempted to push herself off the ground... not a good idea. She offered him her hand, and smiled. "Pleasure, I’m sure"

Ran took her hand and pulled her up on her feet again. "I'm glad you liked my joke." He smiled. The woman was quite pleasant to look at. "I hope I broke your fall a bit, you could have hurt yourself ugly if you'd fallen on the floor running that fast." Ran said to Deneira

He still held onto her hand, and she looked at him for a moment, wondering about him. Why hadn’t she seen him around the yard? Or even heard of him, for that matter. She just smiled and laughed. "Yes, I think you did break my fall... I’m just glad I didn’t break you."

The hand felt warm and soft. Ran kept holding it. "Yup, I'm still in one piece. And if you want to lie upon my again tell me so we can make an appointment." Ran laughed. Not knowing how foolish it sounded.

Deneira had to laugh at that one. How had she never met him before? His jokes were really stupid, but he was amusing her, and actually being kind of cute. He was pretty good looking too, which was always a plus in her book. Winking, she slipped her hand from his. "What if I don’t have time to make an appointment?"

She let his hand slip away but before the hands left each others he said "If you don't make an appointment I might be busy already," and he grabbed her hand tight again. "But then I'll reschedule."

She looked at him for a moment, and let him keep her hand. Smiling, she winked again. "Yes, but I might be busy. Time as a Tower Guard is almost always busy."

Ran let go of her hand and bowed. "Tower Guard?" He asked. "Recently raised then? Well of course I don't want to keep you from pressing issues." Ran knew he had to be careful with Tower Guards.

Deneira sighed as he bowed. How did she know that would happen? It always did. She hated treating people like that as a trainee, and she hated being treated like that even more as a Tower Guard. She put her hand under his chin, and smiled, lifting his face to look at hers. "I’m hung-over Ran... no pressing issues, and nothing to do. And please, I’m just another person. Don’t treat me like I’m old."

Ran's chin got lifted by Deneira. "I'm not treating you like someone who's old, but someone who's worth some politeness." Ran smiled. Nothing to do she'd said. But she was a Tower Guard. What to do?

She sighed, and nodded. "Just like how it always is... Let’s forget for a moment I’m a tower guard... What do you want to do?" She really hated those moments when people found out she was a Tower Guard... either they sucked up, or they where quiet.

"What I want to do, you ask? That's a much encompassing question." Ran smiled. "I'd rather ask what you want to do, not because you're a Tower Guard, but because you're the lady." Ran hoped she wouldn't be going to do anything weird, because he didn't want any trouble.

Deneira smiled back. It was a rather large question, but she wanted to see if he had the guts to say anything... different. Blushing, she looked around the yard. "I want to be clean, cool, and be out of this yard. Know of anything that will work?"

Ran smiled from ear to ear when he heard the answer. Her second question wasn't really one to be answered because they both knew what she'd meant. "Come, I know where to go."

Deneira grinned, and followed after him. It was a good thing he was reading her mind, because after all, she was a lady... and a Tower Guard.

Deneira

Flirt of a Tower Guard

Ran Arosho

As innocent as what

Ran walked out of the Yards to the pond. He had been there quite sometimes and learened to swim there. It was cool, and clean. Ran didn't look back but he was sure Deneira followed him because he heared her footsteps. When he reached the pond he turned around and said "Clean, cool and out of the yards."

Deneira smiled and looked at the pond. "So I see. It is clean, cool, and most certainly away from the blasted yards. But... just a problem. What are we to swim in?" Her eyes sparkled... the question was, had he thought of this part, or no... and if he hadnt, what was he thinking now?

Ran's eyes twinkled and his face show a large smile. His thought weren't decent but instead of saying them out loud he said. "Well we don't have to swim, we also could only walk in the water."

She looked at him, and smiled. She knew he was thinking the same as she, but what had he said? She was a lady. Grinning, she looked at the water again. "We can walk, but you walk beside the water's edge." She never trusted a man, and expeccially a trainee, around water.

Ran smiled when she wanted him to walk at the water's edge. "That's alright with me," he said and took off his boots and pulled up his trousers so they wouldn't become wet, and walked into the water.

She stood there and laughed. "I dont plan on getting wet when I am wearing all my training clothes!" she watched him walk, and then slipped off her boots and rolled up her own pants. She took a step in behind him, and sighed in relief from the cold water. Grinning, she just stepped forward and pushed him, hoping he would fall into the water.

Ran laughed when he got pushed. He menaged to stay up straight. "You're playing dangerous games, if you want to stay dry." Ran said to Deneira while he now pushed her. When she didn't fall he splashed water to her and ran away. "You won't catch me if you keep standing here!" He shouted.

Deneira watched him run, then looked at herself. What did she not want wet? She took off her belt and tossed it, then glanced at the rest of her clothes. She didnt really want those wet either, but unless he said something, they werent coming off. Running after him, she splashed water and giggled. "I thought the guy chased the girl!"

"The guy chases the girl?" Ran asked "Fine." And Ran now turned around and splashed Deneira. After they were both pretty wet he said "That was fun. Shall we lie in the sun now? How about there?" Ran said while pointing at a spot on the grass in the full sun, which was shining bright.

Deneira laughed, and followed him. She felt down onto the ground where he had pointed, and just sprawled herself out, drying in the sun. Closing her eyes, she sighed. "This is alot better than training any day."

Ran laid down next to Deneira. "Indeed much better. I think my Mentor will be looking for me now. I believe she wished to see how I was progressing. Aah well, you're much more pleasant company than she is." Ran laughed while he looked at the Tower Guard next to him.

Deneira laughed. "I am more than certain that you give your mentor plenty of trouble. And i think that was a compliment, so I thank you. Who is your mentor, anyways?"

"It was a compliment," Ran said "And my mentor is Lyv. I'm sure you know here. She's cute.. I mean nice, no she's a good mentor I mean." He blushed.

Deneira laughed and looked at him. Cute? Please, she was at least ten years older... he couldnt have a crush... "I do know Lyv, she is actually a friend of mine. We all hang out in the same crowd. So you think she is cute. Lets hear it boy." Adorable... he had a crush on his mentor. She had to admit, she was a little disappointed, but it was no real loss.

"I didn't said I think she's cute." His cheeks were very red by now. "Well, she is cute, but I don't have a crush or something. Might you have thought that. There are more cute people on the yards." He looked as firm as he could now. He didn't want Deneira to go and spread out gossips.

She noticed the red on his cheeks, and laughed. Laying back where she was before, staring up at the sky above, she sighed, almost happy. "Do not worry, I will admit that there is many... cute people, as you say, in the yard. But Lyv is a good teacher, you are lucky to have a mentor like her."

Ran nodded. She was right, Lyv was an excellent mentor, though she had her times at which she wasn't as excellent as on other times. "She's good, indeed. But why don't you tell me a bit more about your cute people?" Ran said with a naughty smile.

Deneira laughed, rolling onto her side. She had stories that would make his toes curl. When she finally got her breath back together, she looked at him, and grinned. "Cute isnt exactly the word I would use, but they usually about two times your age, and two times your size."

Ran Arosho

Tower Trainee

Deneira

Wet Tower Guard

"So I'm too thin and too young?" Ran asked. Only after he had said it he realised it wasn't quite a propriate thing to say, luckily his cheeks didn't get red this time.

Deneira felt a little guilty for her comment. She didnt want to be mean. She looked at him, and shook her head. He just stared at her, and she looked away from him. "I didnt mean it like that... you are younger than me, and I have to take that into account. But it isnt a bad thing..."

Ran smiled. He didn't know what he was doing and as far as he could tell she didn't kno what she was doing either. He hoped he wouldn't get any trouble because of whatever they were going to do. "To take that into account." Ran laughed. You're funny.

Deneira laughed along with him, then winked. "I wasnt trying to be... Im just being me. And me is just how I like to act." She smiled at him, noting his amazing smile. Light, what was she doing here?

The conversation went down for a little. The both of them wandered in their own thought. After a while Ran asked "Now that you're Tower Guard, have you thought about bonding already?"

Deneira didnt really know what to say. She felt lost, and wished she knew what he was thinking of. His question startled her, but she just shook her head. "I will never bond. My emotions are crazy enough, and dealing with another woman would be... insanity. Furthermore, I am bound to Tar Valon. There is no way I could leave this place to protect some... Aes Sedai."

Ran thought about the answer a little. "I came here to learn to protect the Aes Sedai and the Tower Guard. I have not yet thought very much about bonding. But I look up to Aes Sedai. I thought we all did." Ran looked at Deneira while waiting for her answer.

Christine

Tower Guard

Ran Arosho

Tower Trainee