DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ello

cleon02

Hello, I'd thought I'd introduce myself with my experience with WoT.  About two years back a buddy of mine would not stop bugging me about this series, he kept saying "Dude you have to read WoT, you have to read WoT"  Finally I broke down and bought EotW.  I had the the hardest time getting into that book, I just recently finished it.  I just kept putting it down and picking it back up again.  I have to admit, I have the attention span of a dead moose.  There was rarely a moment the book wasnt on my mind, and yet I couldnt bring myself to finish it.  I finally sat down and made myself finish it.  I remember reading how the gang got to the Eye, how they fought the Forshaken, how Rand touched Saidin and just whipped out most of the Trollocs at that battle, and how he fought Ba'alzamon.  I fell in love with WoT then, and now Im hooked.  Atm Im working my way through The Great Hunt, and loving every bit of it.  Im also reading it at a much faster pace now  ;D.  Well, thats just a little something I felt like sharing, thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting you all.*waves*

Its funny. . . that was my experience with it too! A friend kept on insisting and I just couldn't get into it. . . but now I'm hooked!  :D

Well hope you have fun here!  I would stay away from the General and Structured WoT discussions, there are loads of spoilers.  The Org.s maybe a good place for you if you want to hand around the site. . . and have some fun.

*hands you some oosquai*

Welcome!

Hi Cleon. Most people call me Cleo *ggls* My sister was just like that too... but she never continued past The Great Hunt. She is just plain lazy. She wanted me to tell her about the whhhhhoooooole story, instead. :p I said... "geez that is so lazy!" and said I wouldn't tell her all of it for less that $50. *falls over laughing*

She still asks me to this day about whats going on. *LOL*

Welcome to Dragonmount Cleon! I had a friend get me hooked too. He is my hubby's best friend and hubby is no mad at him for getting me hooked.

While you are checking out the site I would like to invite you to the Aiel Org. We are a small group, but very friendly. Even if you don’t plan on joining at least come by for some oosquai and be treated to Aiel hospitality.

Welcome to DM!

Come on by and check out the Wolfkin.  We've got lots of Chilli and Tequilla! Also we're the nature org.... so if you wanna hug a tree... or just take a picture of it... or use it for fire wood.... or build a cabin with it.... come on by!

Let us know about any questions you have!

Welcome mate!  *hands Cleon a bottle of tequila and a bowl of chilli*  Glad to have you aboard... in response to Boyo's comment... you can also build a canoe out of the tree, paddle out to the middle of Tequila Lake, and sink the canoe!  :D

But really, we have a great time over at the Wolfkin, higly reccomended.  Come by for a bit and you are sure to recieve a welcome like no other. 

Did I mention that all the Wolfsisters are cheerleaders with tear-away outfits?  *snicker*

Wow, talk about propaganda!  Thanks for all the friendly replies, and Doselan, I am mighty tempted to join Wolkin now :P.  Jackdaw, to be honest, I first heard of WoT when I saw the Great Hunt in my old school library, I looked forever for EotW but could never find it.  As it turns out, my buddy who got me into WoT was the one who always kept the book checked out...  Anywho, I can see I am in for a treat with this forum, its nice to meet you all! 8)

Welcome welcome welcome.  When you are out checking everything out make sure to swing by the White Tower and the Warders Guild.  Take a swim, buy a novice a drink and visit with Bob.  :)

properganga.., you make it sound like there's a war going on * :-[ hides big shiny weapons) um crazy = trip to fiddlesticks. ok thats my um proper goosing done ;)  so hey, welcome and have fun what every sides..*cought* ermmm places you choose to visit :D

Welcome, Cleon  :D

Lol - even I am now tempted to join the Wolfkin !

Going to be a bit difficult for you to avoid spoilers  :-\ ... I think the only advice i can give you is - read fast !  ;D

And drop by the Ajah's and Warders, of course ...  :D

Dragonmount Forums > Organizations > The White Tower (Org) > The Great Hall (Org)

*puts on Ancient Geek Greek hat*

Is your name related to the Ancient Greek politican, Cleon, by any chance?

Welcome to DM! Having fun so far?

To further your fun, why not check out the Band of the Red Hand ORG - it's the place for music and travel here at DM! We'll look forward to a visit!  :)

Have fun with whatever you do at DM.  :)

Archived