DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WARNING....VIRUS on MSN

Talya

[glow=red,2,300]Warning there is currently a virus going round MSN, [/glow]

it is coming from various people and you may recieve a message from them about some pictures...what ever you do do not open the link...it is a virus.  Ignore it and it won't be passed on.

On a side note, I just dealt with a viral threat that manifested as e-greeting cards being sent to me in my email. They were "sent" from suppsidly reputable companies like Bluemountain.com. But if you investigated the IP and looked at the notification letters, it was clearly faked.

So be ware of those as well.

On a side note, I just dealt with a viral threat that manifested as e-greeting cards being sent to me in my email. They were "sent" from suppsidly reputable companies like Bluemountain.com. But if you investigated the IP and looked at the notification letters, it was clearly faked.

So be ware of those as well.

We've gotten lots of these at work. I'm sorry people, but your relatives/coworkers/friends/whoever Just do NOT love you enough to send you an e-Card. And if they did, their name would show up, it wouldn't say "a relative/coworker/friend has sent you..."

Jhae, I saw your warning on MSN - thanks!

I've been receiving e-card notices for a couple weeks now.  Shift-delete works great!  I've also been getting e-mails from people I don't know with pdf attachments.  Shift-delete works great on those as well.

Archived