DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

For the new users who can't stand the layout of the site

DragonSpawn

You don't have to run away. Hope is not lost! As it happens there is a small firefox plug-in which allows you to change the sites CSS and designs to your personal flavor.

It requires;

a) Firefox to be installed

b) a rudimentary grasp of CSS

c) 5 minutes of your time to pick new colors, etc..

d) I didn't check. But if you google, you might get lucky and find a pre-done script which you really like which is acceptable for DM. Which makes it into a quick cut/paste action and nothing more.

The add-on; 

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2108

In case CSS code is not your strength, here is an easy step by step guide;

http://userstyles.org/stylish/help

For those who use IE;

a) IE blows

b) download Firefox

Hope this was a help to some people. :)

Guest Cadsuane

In addition, the staff has not decided on a final layout, so this one will probably change to something more sensible in the next couple weeks.

In addition, the staff has not decided on a final layout, so this one will probably change to something more sensible in the next couple weeks.

And of what relevance is this? I am merely giving people a chance to change the layout ASAP, instead of waiting for weeks, or god knows how long DM bureacracy takes to get around to it. I believe the mods don't even have their modpowers yet.... But back to the point all I know is this layout makes my eyes bleed, so I changed it, and so I decided why not be a nice guy and share it with all others afflicted.

Yes, and all I was doing is letting the people who don't want to go through all that, or can't figure it out, know that this won't be dark and messy forever. I think what you put up was neat, and I'm going to try it myself. My post was not a criticism of yours.  :)

Archived