DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Gwampy Thread

loki redfern

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We finally have 10 degree weather and snow on the ground with more in the forecast. That's what makes it all worth living in the middle of nowhere USA.

I finished my second reread of my book. I might read it again in the near future just because I'm old and can do whatever I want. If you already own a copy of my book you can skip the next entry. For those of you who might not have bought it yet and would like to know where you can buy a copy, here are the details:

"A year without soap" by GrandpaG is only available on Amazon.com in paperback or Kindle.

Counting friends, family, and coworkers I have sold 86 paperbacks and an unknown amount of e books (I don't remember how to get into the sales report for Kindle). Those determined souls who have made it all of the way through to the end have told me that they liked it. Unlike some of my Dragonmount RP stuff I did NOT kill off all 20+ characters...I guess I did disfigure one of them with a homemade alcohol bomb but at least he survived the blast.

I'm not retired yet. I only make $2 per book so at this rate I will be VERY old when I quit going to work. Just kidding. I could retire today but I don't know what I want to do when I grow up. I don't want to watch TV all day every day. Some people that I know quit their good job just to go to work some place worse because they got bored. Some "volunteer"...if I'm going to work I'll get paid. Anyway, I'm still working for now.

Yes, I have a little extra time today. If I wasn't so rusty I might try to put on a quick "First Fool" performance. Sorry. The garbage man just emptied my trash can so I'd better go to bring it in. Gotta eat some homemade vegetable beef soup then go to work.

Happy holidays to all. To quote Homeless Joe from "Chapter 18 - Winter" of my book, "May the coming year bring happiness to all who deserve it...and misery to anyone who does me harm." That was his traditional New Years Eve toast.

Bye for now. Stay warm and safe.

Love,

Gramps

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Happy birthday to me and Happy Easter to you.

I'm still breathing so far.  Retired December 31st...didn't want to...just tired of fighting health issues.

I'm drawing Social Security.  Thank you all for supporting me.  This time next year I'll be on Medicare.

If each of you would just buy "A Year Without Soap" from Amazon then tell all of your friends how great it is, maybe I could afford to retire in style!  NOT!!!  I've read it three times and I'm considering a fourth.

I have time for a quick performance to perk up your Easter spirit.  No?  OK.  

Bye for now...gotta go eat birthday lasagna.

Love,

Gramps