DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Branding for Aes Sedai as damane

Possible Graphic Warning!!

I'm on another re-read of many and when I finished The Great Hunt. I began to think of ways the Seanchan may mark/brand a Aes Sedai as a damane to make them stand out?

Throughout all the books, it could be said that the Seanchan are very proud to leash an Aes Sedai but I wonder what it would look like if that pride carried as far as marking or branding them in some fashion. My first thought was a brand on the forehead (similar to a character from the Stormlight series; if you know, you know) of the symbol of the Aes Sedai or an outline of serpent biting its own tail. Then my thoughts got a little darker, what if the Great Serpent Ring was melted down and that was used to inlay a brand or something of the like. For the reason the Great Serpent Ring sets the Aes Sedai apart from the rest of the world and represent their power and authority so to tear down the spirit of the Aes Sedai, the Seachan use the ring in some fashion to remind them of what they've lost and shouldn't have in the first place.

What are everyone thoughts on this crazy idea?

• RP - PLAYER

While the barbarity would certainly fit in with a lot of the Seanchan and damane lore, I think perhaps it would be giving too much attention and recognition to the Aes Sedai. The Seanchan feel dirtied by the very name - would they really want a constant reminder? Would it not be more fitting that they are treated like nothing more than marath'damane, and then damane once properly collared?