DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The end

Fel

I'm curious to know how people see the actual "sealing" of the bore. I always see people talking about how he will re-put seals on it, but, since the wheel will come around again, he can't just patch it like LTT did, he needs to heal the bore so it never happened.

My personal pet theory on the sealing of the bore is that it needs to be done with "the song" or some song involving the ogier, aiel, etc. We've heard for too darned long about this song and the way of the leaf for the bore to be sealed with just some fancy new weave of the one power. And, the Ogier staying should be more significant to the final battle than just another set of axes in battle or the whole Loial convincing the stump plotline is just unneeded

Love to hear other thoughts.

I agree that it wont be a patch job. I personally think that this has been kept specifically shadowed, so that no one will be able to predict exactly how the bore will be sealed and the dark one defeated. After all, its never been said just how free the dO will get, or just how the unsealed bore works or anything like that.

The way i figure it, the Creator made the prison, the Creator's gotta fix it. Sure, the Creator said that only the Chosen One (Rand) could do it, but not only was the story gonna be a whole helluva lot less complicated when that was written, it didn't specify what he had to do. Fight the DO? Beat the DO? Seal the DO? There are lots of loose ends with the Tarwin's Gap prophecy...

But, fighting Morodin, even if that somehow hurts the dark one still does not close up the hole that is the bore.

I know we have no serious clues in the writing to this point, but with only one book to go, there have to be some thoughts out there as to how it happens...

I heard a theory somewhere that builds on the Rand and Moridin switching bodies theory.

Perhaps Rand needs to use the True Power to seal up the Bore good as new.

There is strong suggestion that Rand will be switching bodies.. seeing as his current one is rather worn and the whole sickness when he tries to channel thing. In his current state I don't see how he could stand up to even Taim. Then there is Min's viewing about him merging with another man and only one surviving.

Perhaps Perrin needs to stay close to Rand to *smell* him in Moridin's body while Alivia kills Moridin in Rand's body. Then we have Egwene's dream of Aviendha, Min, and Elayne crying over his funeral briar.

Then, supposedly Rand would be free to use the True Power and sneak up on an unsuspecting Dark One who thinks Moridin is still his creature.

Also it hit on Logain's Glory. Logain will have immense glory, more than most men dream of. Well.. everyone will think the Dragon Reborn died and Logain tied up the loose ends, therefore Logain getting credit.

Its an interesting idea. My roommate found it somewhere on one of the sites he frequents and I think its pretty good.

Firstly channeling of any type is a function of the soul, as shown by Aran'gar. Secondly moridins ability to channel the TP comes from the Dark One, i dont see this continuing when their souls change bodies.

As to what cads is going to teach rand and the lads, it seems most likely that its a personality reajustment that she will be giving them. She thinks frequently on how she got one when she was young from the wilder, and how needed it was, and there is a myriad of other evidence from what she has told verin and sorilea, and the way she acts around rand and logain.

Similarily i dont see this being solved with the easy way out, either that the fight with moridin will solve problems, or that the creator will step in. If the creator steps in it invalidates half the point of the series, and the other is just weak.

It lends support to my DP theory. Rand, using the Creator's version of TP will remake the DO prison. Going on Fel's comment before he died. Think of it as tearing out the drywall and putting new drywall up instead of putting a sloppy patch over the hole.

I still dont see there being a devine power that rand learns of at the last minute after all he's gone through to exist a saidin channeler... i would be rather disapointed if RJ did that.

As for mat, the wording implies that he will do it willingly, that it will be his choice, and we have a potential connection with the finns being able to see out of his eyes, so maybe to save moiraine he will have to blind himself... and the saving the world thing is that through savng moiraine and bringing her back into play he will save the world because she is needed... but why only half the light of the world? can't the fins see out of his other eye?

Mat distracts them by bargaining with them to stop seeing through his eyes and the price is one of his eyes. Meanwhile the other two (thom and noal?) go and find moiraine use the two fire/iron/music thingimobobs and nearly get away, then mat comes to save the day, rather annoyed at loseing an eye and kicks finn ass with final fire/iron/music thing and then the all go and live happily everafter in randland, untill the TA. this is one of a couple of ways i see it going but feel free to shoot it down and stamp on it a bit

• 1 year later...
Guest Dreadlord

The way i figure it, the Creator made the prison, the Creator's gotta fix it. Sure, the Creator said that only the Chosen One (Rand) could do it, but not only was the story gonna be a whole helluva lot less complicated when that was written, it didn't specify what he had to do. Fight the DO? Beat the DO? Seal the DO? There are lots of loose ends with the Tarwin's Gap prophecy...

UNQUOTE

if thats how Rand does it, simply by beating Moridin, I will be more dissapointed than I can imagine. I mean, the fight between Rand and Moridin needs to happen, its probably the one-on-one im looking forward to most (especially if they chat before they fight and Rand learns who Moridin is etc, and Rand figures out the nature of the link between them) but if the Dark One uses Moridins body to fight Rand i will be seriously gutted. It will make the fight too even-the idea of Rand fighting the Dark One is like a man fighting Satan, and if the Dark One uses Moridins body it will make it more like two men fighting, if you get what i mean

if thats how Rand does it, simply by beating Moridin, I will be more dissapointed than I can imagine. I mean, the fight between Rand and Moridin needs to happen, its probably the one-on-one im looking forward to most (especially if they chat before they fight and Rand learns who Moridin is etc, and Rand figures out the nature of the link between them) but if the Dark One uses Moridins body to fight Rand i will be seriously gutted. It will make the fight too even-the idea of Rand fighting the Dark One is like a man fighting Satan, and if the Dark One uses Moridins body it will make it more like two men fighting, if you get what i mean

No.  Rand does have to fight Mordin - but when it comes to fighting the DO - it would more likely be via SH.

The more that I think about it - I would think that part of the way that SH cuts off the source for the Forsaken might be via the "Black Cords" so that he can not actually use that against Rand.  This would put Rand and the DO on more equal terms - with Rand using the remaining CK & Key.   

At first - I thought that Rand would fight Mordin and then the DO - but MAYBE not!

We have had several confusing Mordin POVs and he really seems to be playing some strange private "GAME".  AND even USING Rand.    What would he Use Rand for - except to get rid of the DO.    Here the last CK might be broken / over used like the Female one was.

Maybe Mordin plans to wait until Rand has defeated the DO - sealed the Bore and then when he is weak - kill Rand and take over.

(I even had the - probably silly - thought that Rand might actually Kill the DO!  Then Mordin/Ishy/via Rand's old tainted body (Insert Body Swap theory here) - might provide on this turn of the wheel - the seed tainted soul for the future less powerful DO to emerg in the next age where he is once again eventually sealed away again by the Creator.)  But that is just silly???

No.   Rand does have to fight Mordin - but when it comes to fighting the DO - it would more likely be via SH.

The more that I think about it - I would think that part of the way that SH cuts off the source for the Forsaken might be via the "Black Cords" so that he can not actually use that against Rand.   This would put Rand and the DO on more equal terms - with Rand using the remaining CK & Key.   

At first - I thought that Rand would fight Mordin and then the DO - but MAYBE not!

We have had several confusing Mordin POVs and he really seems to be playing some strange private "GAME".   AND even USING Rand.    What would he Use Rand for - except to get rid of the DO.    Here the last CK might be broken / over used like the Female one was.

Maybe Mordin plans to wait until Rand has defeated the DO - sealed the Bore and then when he is weak - kill Rand and take over.

(I even had the - probably silly - thought that Rand might actually Kill the DO!   Then Mordin/Ishy/via Rand's old tainted body (Insert Body Swap theory here) - might provide on this turn of the wheel - the seed tainted soul for the future less powerful DO to emerg in the next age where he is once again eventually sealed away again by the Creator.)   But that is just silly???

Do  the female  forsaken  have a Black cord  as well ? because  i dont recall  seeing  a black cord to the females  from anyones  POV and  SH  supressed the  female  forsaken as well. i  Do think rand  will have to  fight moridin  and Moridin not being " possesed "  or what  have you    but i  can see SH  being the vessel of the  DO  and not see a  battle  between the DO  and rand directly. 

Defeating Moridin will, in essence, decapitate the Forsaken, (since they are all taking his orders now) but since Shaidar Haran is the DO's proxy in the world, and in light of the fact that the OP is not effective against SH, that's the fight I'm looking forward to. 

A human trained in battle is barely a match for a normal Fade, blade to blade.  SH is 10 feet tall.  Who has the skill to take out a mega-Fade without channeling? 

Ogier are tough, but have nowhere near the speed to do the job.  I don't think any of the humans are up to the task.  Who does that leave? 

Only someone who can channel the TP.

No one can use the TP against Shaidar Haran.  The True Power is not like the One Power.  The Dark One is personally aware of everything done with the True Power, and if he doesn't like it, it simply doesn't happen.  Even if Rand gets into Moridin's body, it won't give him any more access to the True Power than he has right now.

I've said it before, and I say it again, Fain gets the honour of killing SH.

There is noone who can stand up to SH in a face-to-face fight. Fain however does not even understand the concept of fighting fair, when he sees SH about to kill Rand, he will put his knife in SHs back. Just as with the cleansing, we will get the evil vs evil destruction.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dreadlord

I'll even be gutted if the Dark One uses Shaidars body. The Dark One shouldnt use anyones body. I want Rand to kill Moridin and Shaidar (who i think are the same person but thats another theory for another thread) in one-on-ones, not the Dark One using their body as a vessel. I started the bodyswap theory before the Dragonmount site was remade, n that came about when I got to the bit where Rand feels as though if he moves, the one he is linked to (ie Moridin as we all know) will touch.

I wonder if the Creator will be in book 12..doesnt he speak in EotW?

Archived