DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Please help me to fit in someplace.

GrandpaG

I'm not serious enough for the structured debates/discussions.

I enjoy Fiddles, but don't really fit there, either.

My posts have the General Discussion area saturated...GrandpaG this...GrandpaG that...

Where might I fit in without butting in?

I don't think I'm serious enough for RP, unless they have a nonsense section.

I have an active imagination.  I like to challenge the norm with off the wall comments.

I enjoy art, music, comedy, some brain exercise.  I'm usually online weekday evenings (until I get moved to a different job or shift).  I was raised on TV but now prefer Age of Empires for the interaction/challenge as apposed to watching.  I'm kindof a dirty old man but in a nice way (I enjoy good art)...look but don't touch.

I joined the illuminators but didn't connect.  Any ideas where I might fit in?  Or I could just keep spamming everyone else's serious posts!  :-\

Guest Barmacral

Children of the Light! :)

I did an anti-whitecloak post once...dont think they'd want me  ::)

We do our own Anti-Whitecloak posts. We're the comedy group, you'll fit right in.

As it happens, you might try the Seanchan as well, I think you'll get on famously with them.

Guest Cadsuane

Hehe, Gramps, we Children of the Light are nothing like those in the books. We're the comedy discussion group for DM, and to be honest, we could use a little fresh blood that is as active as you are. We're a little wacky, and do a lot of posting of silly internet sites, quizzes, videos, and whatnot.

Because we aren't an Org, but a discussion group, there is no official joining to do (although there is an informal thread for that, if you want a title, lol), but please come by and check us out any time you like!

The Band has a lot of music discussion, and there are some really great people there as well. They have strongly developed off-site boards which can be really fun, but can suck up your life if you aren't careful, lol.

If you've got an interest in TV shows, movies, or computer/console gaming, the Seanchan have a lot of those topic discussions, as well as fun banter. We of the Family promise not to put a hit on you... unless you turn informer for the Feds... ;)

Children of the Light! :)

I did an anti-whitecloak post once...dont think they'd want me  ::)

We do our own Anti-Whitecloak posts. We're the comedy group, you'll fit right in.

As it happens, you might try the Seanchan as well, I think you'll get on famously with them.

Thanks, Barmy!  Have you seen my apologies posted all over the boards?

Hehe, Gramps, we Children of the Light are nothing like those in the books. We're the comedy discussion group for DM, and to be honest, we could use a little fresh blood that is as active as you are. We're a little wacky, and do a lot of posting of silly internet sites, quizzes, videos, and whatnot.

Because we aren't an Org, but a discussion group, there is no official joining to do (although there is an informal thread for that, if you want a title, lol), but please come by and check us out any time you like!

The Band has a lot of music discussion, and there are some really great people there as well. They have strongly developed off-site boards which can be really fun, but can suck up your life if you aren't careful, lol.

If you've got an interest in TV shows, movies, or computer/console gaming, the Seanchan have a lot of those topic discussions, as well as fun banter. We of the Family promise not to put a hit on you... unless you turn informer for the Feds... ;)

Thanks, Caddy.  Sure do miss that avatar!  I'm only seeing very few on these boards.  I'll check out the children and seanchan.

M'lady Cads hit the nail on the head, G.G.  ... Come see the Band of the Red Hand and have your life pulled into the most engrossing culture in the whole of DM! We do a little o' this ,we do a little o' that... And a whole bunch of whatever strikes our fancy..

Ride with the Cavalry, Become a Blademaster of the Infantry, or an Assasin with those dastardly denizens of dreamland The Archers. Drink brew, flaming shots, bandy, Guinfantry or invent your own, like I did.. The Piling Driver.! Start or just join in a brawl, or better yet a bar deconstruction, then stumble back to the Cavs Yard or the Infants Barracks or Light forbid The Range!  The lovely Cads ol' stomping grounds and home to The Archers!... Do a travel review, or a music review, or even a live show review (We are the Travel and Music Org.) Write a Jak o' th' Shadows verse or fifty. These activities and numerous others, all earn you promotion points, which when you've gained enough, earns you the right to name a Sword or Bow or Warhorse of the Cavalry.. YeeeeHaaaaaa!

Not only do we have all the above but we have ME! ... Auld Manriva, The Auld Man of the Band! N'er do well, scavenger, salvager, pirate, Cavalryman..... and general trouble maker extraordinaire.  So Grandpa G! Come on Dowwwwwwwwn!

Thanks to all of the wonderful replies!

So far, I'm most comfortable in Fiddlesticks...nothing to join...no ranks...devil may care spamming...LOTS of posts/action...

maybe with time I'll learn the language of spam (like WASABI ?) and actually fit in.  Meanwhile, I have to go do some work before I lose my job.  Don't want to have to tell my wife that I have to pay for the internet so that I can support my DM habit!

And there's always spreading my meaningless comments amidst the serious stuff!!!  Now, if I can just learn to channel!!!

* missing the little devil guy, too *  >:(

Guest Barmacral
maybe with time I'll learn the language of spam (like WASABI ?)

Truly the most wonderful word in the world. Its a food, but I use it as a greeting.

WASABI

Guest Lord Jameson

I'd seriously check out the Wolfkin, we aren't too serious at all.  They Drink a lot of Tequilla and eat a lot of chilli, that's about it!

maybe with time I'll learn the language of spam (like WASABI ?)

Truly the most wonderful word in the world. Its a food, but I use it as a greeting.

WASABI

;D

WASABI back at ya!

:-[

I thought you were calling me stupid before: What A Stupid Ash Bloomin Idiot (WASABI).

My bad!  You're back on the xmas "nice" list.  :)

* note to self:  buy extra Spam for xmas presents! *

Archived