Which do you think will happen?

ilgross

Maffia Scoreboard idea  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Maffia Scoreboard idea

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Other (post what ever this is?

KOD put me in a positive mood. AMOL will be the final book' date=' 2000 pages of awesomeness that will blow us away, and set a new standard for how fantasy is written. 2 hours after it's release Goodkind announces that he quits writing and returns to his old job at the gas station :lol:[/quote']

Hell ya, and you know what, the last 200 page of it are going to be especially awesome, you know why :twisted: ? No? Well I'll tell you then....

On page 1799 Richard Rahl is going to pop out of a portal stone and into randland a few days before the last battle. Using his awesome sword of truth he is going to dispatch the remaining forsaken and kill, about... 2/3 of the dread lords. Then, when the As'sedi start giving him crap, he manifests a giant ball of pure subtractive magic and blasts the whole white tower to nothing. When Rand, being the huge dope that he is, tries to avenge the as'sedi he finds that, as an excellent swords man and Luke Skywalker wanna be as he is, he’s no match for the Bringer of Death. Richard, riding the adrenaline rush that comes from days mass slaughter, then shows Rands former harem how a real hero does it, three times a day and hours at a time. Fortunately, as the last battle nears, Richard gets stuck in an endless loop of slaughter and sex, thus the dark one can never escape from his prison and the wheel is never in jeopardy again.

All joking aside, I'm totally stoked for AMoL. Because RJ has proven in the past that he is such a good writer and story teller (LoC is probably the best book I've ever read), I am sure that since CoT and KoD were such let downs, statistically AMoL has to be one of his best books ever. I can’t wait.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still astounded that so many fans thought KOD was a let down. Right from the opening with Galad taking control of the Whitecloaks, I was primed. I enjoyed every page.

Nothing against your opinions, you're all entitled. I just have to say that I LOVED it!

Guest Egwene

:shock: Same reaction here!! I sort of understand if someone didnt' like one or the other. But everyone that complained about a lack of action/resolve surely got their needs answered in KoD. And if lke me you love a detailed story and a build up until you bite your nails in frustration/anticipation you will have been very happy with CoT.

It is almost a contradiction in terms to not like both of them.

KOD put me in a positive mood. AMOL will be the final book' date=' 2000 pages of awesomeness that will blow us away, and set a new standard for how fantasy is written. 2 hours after it's release Goodkind announces that he quits writing and returns to his old job at the gas station :lol:[/quote']

Hell ya, and you know what, the last 200 page of it are going to be especially awesome, you know why :twisted: ? No? Well I'll tell you then....

On page 1799 Richard Rahl is going to pop out of a portal stone and into randland a few days before the last battle. Using his awesome sword of truth he is going to dispatch the remaining forsaken and kill, about... 2/3 of the dread lords. Then, when the As'sedi start giving him crap, he manifests a giant ball of pure subtractive magic and blasts the whole white tower to nothing. When Rand, being the huge dope that he is, tries to avenge the as'sedi he finds that, as an excellent swords man and Luke Skywalker wanna be as he is, he’s no match for the Bringer of Death. Richard, riding the adrenaline rush that comes from days mass slaughter, then shows Rands former harem how a real hero does it, three times a day and hours at a time. Fortunately, as the last battle nears, Richard gets stuck in an endless loop of slaughter and sex, thus the dark one can never escape from his prison and the wheel is never in jeopardy again.

All joking aside, I'm totally stoked for AMoL. Because RJ has proven in the past that he is such a good writer and story teller (LoC is probably the best book I've ever read), I am sure that since CoT and KoD were such let downs, statistically AMoL has to be one of his best books ever. I can’t wait.

And then Sparhawk walks up and smokes Richard in the face with the Bhelliom, blasting him utterly from existence. The world rejoices and implacable Anakha goes on to shove Goodkind up his own butt.

Don't bag Goodkind, SoT is great. WoT is just better.

And on the point of the question, (i havent yet read CoT of KoD) i think you'll be suprised by Jordan. He will do a great job in a book thats the same length as the others. (average length i mean).

I absolutely loved CoT and then with KoD to pick up the nail-biting ending, that just made the book even better. And with KoD's "best cliff-hanger ending ever" AMoL is going to blow us ALL away! I hope it's 2000 pages, and he can spend 1999 of those pages doing nothing and one page of awesomness and I'll still love the whole series.

As for Sword of Truth, I love that series to (even Naked Empire with it's unimportance to everything) but Richard Rahl would eventually get stabbed in the back while taking on all the Forsaken, or he would sit around and do nothing because Kahlan wasn't around to perk him up :wink:

And as for getting AMoL and paying for it, I'll buy it the second Borders opens up, and seeing as how I'm totally nuts and have decided to buy first edition copies of every book in the series (at about $50 a piece), he can make it worth $100 and I'll still buy it!

Man, I kinda hope RJ goes back and says "Ok I was wrong... I can't do it in one book"

Baring that I want a 5,000 page epic. :) And when I say I want 5,000 pages what I really mean is that I don't want him to skip out on ANYTHING.

I really don't think he will, because if he was gonna wimp out and skim over stuff then he wouldn't have been writing the same series for over 20 years. Just because I don't see how in the world he can do it, doesn't mean he can't. (I personally think he has enough material to make 3 more books... even 3 RJ size books)

This also I want to mention. WOT is currently one of (most ppl will say LoTR as THE best) best fantasy series of all time. I think that a super amazingly cool ending could make it The best. I know that's not what RJ is thinking, but I am. However a poor ending could make WOT, 'just another series' in 5 years. Do I think there is a chance that book 12 will have a flop for an ending? About as big of a chance Lan neglecting his duty.

Brother ordered through amazon germany - I ordered through amazon UK....

HI Egwene - are you from Germany (maybe another thing we have in common)?

I ordered from amazone Germany quite early but I didn't get it until a week or so after the release date.

well it's kind of sad now wondering how it will be affected by his treatment. i know this is now being covered by another thread. but given he thought it might easily run to 2000 pages i wonder how much he'll try to pick the pace up if he's feeling unwell and worried about his future? His letter sounds very positive so hopefully he'll be fine. makes you wonder though...

Quoted again, but you are so right. It will be the best fantasy ever written and I'll probably die half way through it because of the fantasticness :wink:

But, as some have said, it's sad. I don't want it to end! I just hope for AMOL to be 4000 pages, followed by a number 13....

I'm of two minds about MoL being the final book in the series...

1) We finally see how everything works out, and can stop geussing at small and (sometimes) insignificant examples of foreshadowing, just to be shot down each time we ask Jordan about it :wink:

2) Ill be really upset because it will be the end of the series, and the series may not end the way many fans feel it should, filled with open threads, to make many people disappointed

• 2 weeks later...

2000 pages long, 2000 pages long

I've never in my wildest hyper suger crazed dreams imagined a book that long, it could actually take longer than a solid day to read (wipes up drool)

its going to be AWSOME omg i'm qwivering just thinking about it.

Obay the D

Peoples expectations are often resposible for there ability or inability to enjoy a book.

I picked up the series a few months after Winters heart came out. Then the next book comes out and I'm left wanting...I wait two more years and then Knife of Dreams comes out. It's outstanding and full of action.

Yet I finish it and I have the same feeling I did after Crossroads. Wanting. The build up two years from now is going to be HUGE. I'll time it right and read all the books again in time to finally finish the tale.

Ive read it three times already, but I KNOW that this next one will be the best. I will get to read a COMPLETED story. Begining...biiiiig middle....end.

2000 pages in 2007!(please god 2007)

ok guys now thats be realistic here. I would love a huge book too but 2000 pages? I doubt it. I think it will be SLIGHTLY bigger than the usual but it wont be that big. RJ said he wouldnt finish all the subplots. As for me...Ive loved the series but im happy its ending. It was great but like all great things they have to come to an end.

ok guys now thats be realistic here. I would love a huge book too but 2000 pages? I doubt it. I think it will be SLIGHTLY bigger than the usual but it wont be that big. RJ said he wouldnt finish all the subplots. As for me...Ive loved the series but im happy its ending. It was great but like all great things they have to come to an end.

Yeah' date=' he's not gonna finish all the subplots, but he [i']cant[/i] leave a bunch of stuff open. I mean, some of the stuff (The ael/eelfin stuff) could amount to another half a book, if RJ really tried. Hell, or if he didn't try. My vote is its gonna be long as hell, and worth every god-forsaken minute of it.

It's not techically going to be 2000 pages long, but I think it's a safe bet that it'll be the longest in the series. Probably much longer then LoC. And of course it's going to be great, even if you predicted wrong you're going to love it.

But as for a 2007 release....lol! Not on your life! It takes him roughly 2 solid years to write one book, and this book is going to be HUGE! We're easily looking at 2008, and I'm actually thinking more along the lines of early 2009.

For it to tie up all of the loose ends it will have to be long. That's if RJ does tie up all the loose ends. I won't mind it being long I will in fact look forward to it. I just hope that it is great which I think it will be. RJ hasn't let me down yet.

• 7 months later...
It'll be looooong' date=' and it'll be lame.

Nothing could live up to 11 books worth of build-up. Jordan has simply taken too long to get to the payoff. :([/quote']

Sadly, I must share this "pessimism" of Bob's.

And I've never said this before, but RJ's decision not to finish these subplots is more than annoying. Why the hell did he had to put us all those dull pages if he won't even finish them!? I knew he couldn't justify all those fillers...That least he could do is finish the right subplots, though; especially those that wasted a lot of people's time.

Archived