DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Comments: New Boards -vs- Old Boards

GrandpaG

I haven't spent a great deal of time here yet.

First impression is that they are not significantly different at a glance.

If there are advantages, we'll get used to them with time.

Testing the color change: still white letters on my screen.

Testing modify (edit):  still can't see some avatars (drat).

I haven't spent a great deal of time here yet.

First impression is that they are not significantly different at a glance.

If there are advantages, we'll get used to them with time.

Testing the color change: still white letters on my screen.

Testing modify (edit):  still can't see some avatars (drat).

Testing quote button for indent like on old boards.

Don't have to go far from here to find fiddlesticks!

Would be good to have every other post in a different background color...that's one feature that I liked better on the old boards.

Don't really need the preview button here.  Post is same as you typed except color.

Reminds me of the wife's fancy wash machine and fancy dish washer...lots of stuff that I will never use.  But, someone else might find it useful, so, why not?  :) :)

Got some cool, new smiley faces  :o  ;D  ::)  :P  :-*  :'(

edit: Just tried to report myself to the moderator...surprise!  I can't squeel on myself!

I think I'm getting used to it already.  Not that much different other than appearance.

I do hope they decide to put the sig up by the avi, though.  And alternate backgrounds.

I doubt that will happen, GG - The point of a "sig" is that it's a "signature" - which goes at the end by definition.

Guest Cadsuane

From what I know, Kathana is aware of various people's frustrations with the layout of the posts as they are now. While they likely will not move the signature next to the avatar, they are going to look into changing the layout to something a little easier to read. I don't know what will be settled on for an end product, but all the senior staff who are working on things have been around the net for a while, and are probably familiar with what things work better than others, so I trust we'll get sorted properly. ^_^

Guest Majsju

I Really don't like the colours. DM is supposed to be brown(ish), not dark like some emo-kids webpage.

Other than that, freaking awesome. I'm still toying around, but so far I <3 these boards. Shiny! Pretty!

The old forums are still the "official" forums while we work the bugs out of these.  Thats why the links still lead there.

And yes, I know the old forums are having hiccups. They are just jealous.

I like the feature that if you type a long reply to a post, it will warn you if there has been a response while you were typing. Then it will confirm that you still want to post what you had typed.

Purty cool.

Does anyone have an idea on when the mod powers will get straigtned out? I'm a former records manager and not being able to organize things is driving me crazy! Okay, crazier than normal.  :P

I know that you're all working hard and will get to them soon, but an time estimate would help my sanity a bit.  :D

Ar'tara

Wolfkin Council

Archived