DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Nature and Purpose of Fiddlesticks

loki redfern

To save whoever looks at this some time, heres a quick list of people i know want the fiddles post count back, and who would also like to be considered, not and org, but equal to one, so that we are our own board.

Monty

Reddfern

Good Grief

Callandor

Zyzalo

Dsage

Feel free to continue the list, as I am sure i missed more than half of the people who approve of this.

If you want your name removed, pm me, ill edit it out.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are other Avenue's you can take than making a petition, because lets face it, it won't work at all. Loki, what email address did Kathana give you? Post it here and then we can each take our shot at emailing that address. It will be a lot more effective than the petition. (If she gave you Jason's email address, then that makes this petition even more useless, because Jason never visits the forums unless he's doing work on them, so he definately won't see this)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

dmputrigth.png

please *pokes the powers that be/those whom it it may concern* unless its only the new Shayol Ghul org leader that you want to contribute to improving dm

also i had this warning,

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.

Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

as a member of fiddles it amused me, thought also, thats a third of a year and we have neither forgotten about this nor has nothing been actively done. its kinda saddening and disapointing, i really like this place (dm not just fiddles)

so just have them ignore us in private instead of try and shame them in public. this thread cant be that good for PR, exposing DMs management as petty and uncaring and unwilling even to comunicate with us, where everyone, including lurkers yet to join, can see. and a dont see why we cant actuall all talk to someone responsible face to face than email some ignored account, which by the way if people read back like a page, youll see i tryed, and got no responce.

ive left off saying anything more up to now out of respect of Mr Rigney's passing, but this is affecting my whole outlook on participating at dm. i dont want to come to like another part of it and then have to come and go though all this malarky again.

I hate spam, because it's so inviting and mouth-watering and yet so dissapointing.  Really? I say to myself in italics instead of quotation marks. It's the ultimate combination of hamburger and ham? But how can this be? Have scientists finally stopped working on secondary issues like fuel efficient cars and cancer and started taking on the real problems of our day like finding tasty tasty meat for all to enjoy?  Huzzah! Huzzah I say  And yes I did indeed say huzzah, for I, the Great Justen Diablos would never lie to you. About certain things anyway.  Mostly just the things I've actually said aloud, because you could probably sting me on those.  Anyway what was I talking about? Oh that's right, Spam.

I haven't checked out the fiddlesticks board yet, though I plan to do so after this post. And if it's not the eutopia those in this thread have discribed it then I will be most wroth with them.  But that's for another time and place.  Essentially here's my two cents on the whole matter.  *Throws the Emperor of Seanchan two cents*  For two reasons: First, I don't know where else to put the two cents, and secondly because he needs them badly.

Post counts are not that big a deal.  I myself have only 40 post counts, yet I feel I'm better than everyone here.  I'm sorry(not sorry) about it of course, but it's an ego thing.  I could be in any room, anywhere, and think I was the best person there.  Not just 'as good' as anyone else mind you, 'better.'  It's a personality flaw.  And no, I don't actually think it's a personality flaw as I don't believe I have any.  I was just saying it was a personality flaw to placate all the people out there who were like 'Hey, this guys wicked stuck up!'  because I don't want to defend my awesomeness so much as I simply want to bask in it.  Ahhhhhhhhh

So anyway, post counts could go either way for me.  I understand the desire of the fiddlesticks community to want to have their posts counted, and I tentatively agree with them on this issue.  Since I haven't heard the other side though, I will wait until I do to throw my hat in anyone's corner.  And yes, I do want my hat back at the end of the fight.  Because it's a nice hat and I tend to like it, plus it's the only one that goes with my blue shirt.

What I really wanted to say though, and I admit I've gone through a roundabout passage to get there is...  Why don't you all just start your own org?  Is that feasable?  I guess after my absence I don't know what it takes to get an org started but I'm sure there's some reasonable process.  If you have the members, which you seem to say you do, then why not?  It seems to me that most of the orgs here at DM are now devoted to some form of entertainment (Music, travel, movies...yada yada.) so why not spam?  The purpose of the DM orgs was always meant to make the interaction between members of the site a little more personal.  It cuts through all the members to form tiny defined groups where it's easier to make friends of like interests.  No one wants to walk into a room of 3000 and try to meet people. a room of 30... slightly easier.  So since you have a tightly knit, core group of people why not simply found an org?  It could be the Org devoted to spam.  Honestly it wouldn't be any worse than other orgs, and might even bring you fiddlesticks folks closer together.  Right now you're fighting for group rights when you're not truly a cohesive group, you're just people who all hang out at the same place.  So why not form an army?  It might be fun, would certainly provide new challenges, and as a former member of a closely linked group of people (We called ourselves an org) it will certainly bring you closer together.  I would gaurentee it.  And as I've mentioned, I'm rarely wrong.  Good luck upon your quest whichever route you take, and remember no matter how many posts you accumulate over ol' JD here.  I'll still rule the world!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JD,

The Wonder Hamster

But the thing is, Justen, and it's been mentioned already, that Fiddles isn't really suited to being an Org. We're about as disorganized as you get. Which is the way we like it. Fiddles is sort of like the DM Lounge, you dig? The closest we come to Orgness is in our game threads, which got spun off into its own board anyway. But what gets us is the fact that, while all the other boards are full of almost as much screwing around as Fiddles, none of them are looked down on for it. Presumably because they "do things". They still count for something. Our post count was a badge of our Spamriffic prolificacy, part of the fun, and now we've essentially been told that our fun is to be frowned upon, tolerated if necessary but never acknowledged. And somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall ever actually getting an explanation for this.

I thought we reinstated your post counts when we hid them across the site? That was the plan anyways. I'm not exactly why someone took a screenshot of the boards though.

And I don't check this board every day. I only saw this because I was stalking Justen. That's why I ask for email. I always check that.

Damn, she found me even here. *tosses pudding in the air and makes a run for it.*

I suppose I could go hide out in the *shudders* RP boards.

I just don't know which fate is worse.

Alright I do know which fate is worse.  The last time I RPed I woke up next to a grizzly bear in a halter top and nothing else.

JD,

Scarred for life

Kath, Loki took a screen shot and rearranged somethings according to his dreams of how DM should look. It places fiddles more prominently in the dm line up so that it's more easily noticed with org games as it's child board. a few of our members still feel this is how it should be.

loki said he's been experimenting. the only time a post is added to the general count, he's posting to any board except fiddles. you have to follow several links to get a true count.

and, as he's semi boycotting, i'm asked to remind you that in our anarchistic way of doing things, "orgs have points and we used to have postcount."

loki said he's been experimenting. the only time a post is added to the general count, he's posting to any board except fiddles. you have to follow several links to get a true count.

and, as he's semi boycotting, i'm asked to remind you that in our anarchistic way of doing things, "orgs have points and we used to have postcount."

Fixed. =)

Archived