"The Path of Daggers"
    "Winter's Heart"
    "Crossroads of Twilight"
    "Knife of Dreams"
    "The Gathering Storm"
    "Towers of Midnight"
    "A Memory of Light"

• RP - PLAYER

Don't start with New Spring. It is chronologically the first but will disrupt the story telling in the first three books in particular. It was written after Path of Daggers (I think?) so around then would probably be best, though definitely not before the first tbree. 

It’s not Narnia or Star Wars.  Other than New Spring, publication order is in universe chronological order and the books are intended to be read like that.  

New Spring probably shouldn’t be read before a certain point.  I like it at the end.

New Spring I've seen recommended after book 5, after book 10, after book 11 and after the final book.

My personal recommendation right now is after book 11, as the author switch is already a bit of a breaking point in the series, so might as well slot New Spring in there. But there's arguments to be made for any of the mentioned moments. Just don't read it before The Eye of the World, at least not upon the first read through.

Edited by Asthereal

1 hour ago, _fisher_ said:

Thank yall soooo much!!! I appreciate everyone's in put in this, and can not wait to get started!

Have fun! You're in for a treat. Do give it some time though. It's long, and in style it takes a while to get going proper. It's absolutely worth it though. 🙂