DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

FoF2: The Flicker Ball!

Elgee

Elgee Sedai, The Watcher of the Seals, the Flame of Tar Valon, the Amyrlin Seat, glided into the massive Ogier built Great Hall in the center of Tar Valon.

*flicker*

All manner of people, including Aes Sedai, used this place when large amounts of people needed to be accommodated.

*flicker*

She hesitated, feeling slightly disorientated, but then shrugged the strange feeling off and began inspecting the work done by the Tower Servants so far. They had only just begun setting up the room for tonight’s big Ball, but it paid to head off potential disasters early …

*flicker*

What on earth was wrong?

Anyhoo, the decorations that were just starting to go up were as she’d ordered, lovely pastel colours (7 of them, of course) …

*flicker*

Elgee staggered, only just managing to keep her balance. Something was seriously …

*flicker flicker*

Wrong.

*flicker flicker flicker*

Elgee, Attack Leader of the Black Tower, glanced around and shuddered … what moron had decided on PASTELS for a Ball? Honestly some people were so …

*flicker flicker flicker flicker*

The Chosen Elgee opened here eyes and surveyed the massive room being readied for the Ball she’d heard all about. But had of course not received an invitation to. Grinning, she opened a small Gateway to her own palace, brought forth a throne-like chair and lounged back in it. One did not need an invitation to one’s own Ball, did one?

“You!” she pointed one slim, red-tipped finger at the woman who seemed to be in charge of the decorations.

“Take down that awful rubbish and put up some PROPER decorations! And hop to it, woman, or I’ll have your scalp for a lampshade!”

The woman gave her one disbelieving look which quickly turned to sheer terror. And hopped to it.

Welcome to Dragonmount’s Flicker Ball, where you can embrace your inner Evil be whatever you have always wanted to be!

Wear a mask, or not …

• RP - PLAYER

I stroll over to my glamourous fellow warder, offering her a glass of wine.

That is a fantastic dress, you look amazing for the ball. Difficult to imagine you sweating in the practice yard when you look like this. The hall is looking splendid tonight, is it not?

• RP - PLAYER
11 hours ago, LilyElizabeth said:

Yes, my dear, it certainly is. The decorations are beautiful. Would you like to dance?

I would love to dance.

*leads Lily onto the dancefloor, my lithe form chiseled into perfection by hours and hours in the practice yard gliding over the floor with the grace of a stalking ridge cat*

I do love this flicker business.

*Cairos comes gliding into the Hall and hides in the Shadows glancing at Elgee, Lily and Heavy. Cairos is wearing a lovely Gray masquerade outfit. Waiting for the right person to dance with or have a drink with.* 

Male Masquerade Ball Costume. Face Swap. Insert Your Face ID:1000704

*Cairos glides over to his lovely bonded and takes her by the hand* 

Yes we shall dance... *Cairos leads the way to the dance floor*

gemma waltz | The Keep Dancing Podcast

A gateway opens off to one side of the ball room and slices the tray of a nearby server in half. I glance at him, and the mess and shake my head as I step though, my dress for the evening a carefully chosen white to represent my Ajah flickering, flickering and finally settling on Black. 

Handing the pair of weapons, what odd things to be holding, to the shocked looking servant I glance at all the broken glass on the floor. 

You’d best get someone to clean that up…. 

image.jpeg.8b98e39d3eeb91122d8a7caa47757ec2.jpeg

Edited by Delenn

As she dances with the delightful young man, Elgee notices a new arrival. And what an arrival it is!

"Thank you, daaaaahling," she drawls at the young man, then saunters over to the absolutely stunning (and quite well armoured!) new arrival.

"Hello there ... "

hearing the noise, the music, seeing the enticing lights. its far too curious a thing to pass by without even a little investigation. slipping through a window, following the shadows to a protected and hidden corner to settle and watch these strange wetlanders rituals

PHOTOGRAPHY: Aiel Maiden of the Spear from Wheel of Time | Costume Artist

• RP - PLAYER

Only to be worthy of you, Lily Gaidin. I've heard of what happens to men who do not impress you. 

I smile warmly to soften the jest, though I certainly knew the bruises that Lily gave out when I did not perform well enough in the practice yard. 

But I should not keep you all to myself. We Warders should mingle, not least to keep an eye on these questionable types that are coming in. Even here, the Watch never ends. 

On 1/3/2024 at 7:26 AM, Elgee said:

As she dances with the delightful young man, Elgee notices a new arrival. And what an arrival it is!

"Thank you, daaaaahling," she drawls at the young man, then saunters over to the absolutely stunning (and quite well armoured!) new arrival.

"Hello there ... "

Hello lovely! *snags two glasses of champagne from a passing servent and hands one to... is that?... * :biggrin:

Your outfit tonight is to die for! Are you enjoying the party?  *grins and toasts the stranger, wondering at how she knows her and she can seem so familiar at the same time....* 🎭 🥂

Elgee accepts the glass of stranger (briefly testing it for poison, of course) and takes a sip as she studies the strangely familiar *flicker* beauty.

"Have we met somewhere before? Maybe at a ... uhm ... Social?"

*grins at the... flicker.... stranger* I admit you do seem oddly familiar. 🥂 

Actually, so many of these people do, don't you think? Like that handsome one coming over here now....🎭 Who is that I wonder?

*strides purposefully into the room, the light seeming to dim around him*

You very well should recognize your immediate superior, Delenn! What is this I hear about all the Chosen taking time off to go to some silly ball!?

Though it is very pretty in here, I must admit. Maybe just one dance before going back to plotting the end of time itself?

Will you give me this dance, @Delenn?

Edited by EirikDaude

*eyes widen as I curtsy low* 

Yes, please, uhhh I... I would be honored to dance with you, my Lord.

*Stepping forward into the Nae'blis' arms I take up position for the dance, smiling up into the... flicker... Algai's?.... flicker.... face * 

My Lord, where are you hiding? :laugh:

Edited by Delenn

*leading Delenn across the floor in dance, I try to make sense of the strange flickering which seems to happen ever so often*

Never you mind where I am! Just make sure you do your part for the Great Lord. Disappointment will have... consequences.

*does a pirouette*

*Channels a flow of air to hold the Nae'blis's fingertips nearly two feet above her smaller frame* 

Yes, of course my Lord. 😉

*coming back into a formal hold, Del smiled at him as they continued twirling under the twinkling lights, and flickering shadows* 

Have I ever seen you... dripping wet at the Moat?:laugh: 💦

*frowns*

Not to my knowledge - and what is this Moat you talk about?

At any rate, it seems the song is over. We'd better get back to ending the world. Is any more of my posse around?

*fixes @Elgee with a black-flecked stare*

You! There is no time for this tomfoolery to go on! We have a galactic horror to free, and Dragons to fry. No time for dancing and...

...is that macarons over there? Maybe I'll just have a little snack before getting back to my main mission.

How long did you say this Feast was going to continue?

• Club Leader

Curtsies to Heavy and thanks him for the dance.

*flicker*

The Dark One surveys the room and is pleased with the number of her minions she sees.

*flicker*

Lily Sedai of the Green Ajah senses something amiss

*flicker*

The Dark One will return to dance with her Nae'Blis...

*flicker*

Warder Lily finds her hand on the hilt of her sword, not quite sure how it got there. 

On 1/14/2024 at 2:46 AM, EirikDaude said:

*fixes @Elgee with a black-flecked stare*

*smiles dreamily at the Nae'Blis* ... how did you know ... *FLICKER*

*blinks and staggers slightly* ... My L... *FLICKER*... Why on earth did I almost call an Algai my ..

*FLICKER*.*FLICKER*.

*Holds hand to head, the world swirling*

Del? Something is not ....

*FLICKER*.*FLICKER*.*FLICKER*.*FLICKER*.

Del!!