DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Setalle Anan-> terangreal

Ilyena

I was rereading Path of Daggers, when I noticed that in Chapter 4 Vandene or Aldelas (forget which) commented to Elayne that the last sister to study Terangreal (forget her name) was burnt out. Could this possibly be Setalle's Aes Sedai? It happened 25 years ago, long enough for her to have become 20 again, then grow to the 45 year old Ebou Dari Innkeeper we all know (and love :P )

Yep. I know I've read this theory somewhere else too.

She knows a lot about the Aes Sedai and the White Tower. Elayne thought she was a former novice because of that, but I must say that her behavior is more like that of a former AS.

I've seen the theory posted many times on Encyclopaedia-wot.org (I think that's right) and it makes perfect sense. Now that stilling can be healed though maybe she will be able to have her 'burnt out'ness healed as well. She would then also be the perfect person to work with Elayne and Aviendha on Terangreal study.

If she is healed though the real question would be whether she would try to be Aes Sedai again, or stay with the Kin.

it would likely be impossible for her to be healed. compare suiane and leane being able to use the collar on moggy, yet setalle wasn't able to use hers on joline. the wounding is different in a burning out and a stilling. and yes, kod pretty much gave the last hints needed.

Actually if you look very carefully at that passage, a lot of what went wrong happened because Joline tried to move. Admittedly it didn't seem as if Satelle could sense her feelings, though its possible that she simply didn't say anything because she thought that was what was supposed to happen.

Additionally it seems very likely that Satelle is in fact Martine. She shows a peculiar interest in ter'angreal, and the timeline fits perfectly.

Martine Janata (page 73, chap. 4 Unweaving, POD) is Setalle Anan. Ive got the feeling she won't be Kin, especially since one of the rules (mentioned in one of the earlier books) stated that kin don't remarry. Besides, I don't thinkn that as a kin she'll be allowed to work with the Terangreal... Maybe she'll begin training Tuon to channel, or in the leats tying her closer to the view that marath'damane (?) aren't evil.

The idea that Satelle will serve as somesort of liason and guide, or teacher to the seanchan appeals to me alot. Tuon has indicated that she respects satelle enough to listen to her, and so forth... in fact that seems very, very cool.

Archived