DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

It had been an eventful week when all was said and done as far as Anton was concerned.  He liked to keep his students under watch, so he'd taken them to the hut that was essentially more Sohvi's now than it was his.  Now that had been fun straight away, Sohvi had been out the door in a flash and taken a good while to coax back to meet the new guests who would be staying with them for at least the night.  Of course, then Katrina had assumed Sohvi's fright and meekness around strangers was his fault which had triggered her defensive feelings.  It had almost come to blows right then and if Korrena hadn't jumped in with the random inspiration to hug Sohvi who freaked out from the touch and ran again.  Koramena at that point decided to side with Katrina in her opinion of why Sohvi was as she was and if Timewalker had been there, she probably would have been laughing up her sleeve.

Anton had effectively lost his hut that night, and had the next day had been spent supplying the hut with the extra things they would need, like a couple more beds.  At least Timewalker had been around then to help, though he was certain that he'd smelt the amusement wafting from her.  That experience alone had been enough to confirm for him that if he ever had children, they were going to be sons or he was going to pawn them off to whoever would take them.  Most likely the gaggle of girls he had to take care of now.

And of course, the attempts over the following days to teach them had proven fruitless.  As a group they were impossible, Korrena was overly excitable and quick to lose her attention, the twins were inseperable and Katrina's suspicion of him had deepened and was affecting Koramena in turn.  After several days of no success, as well as a good measure of frustration, he'd decided to split them up.

Now that had really exacerbated things.

Korrena didn't approve because it wouldn't be fun without her sisters, or something, and Koramena didn't want to be apart from her twin sister as their initial split had been bad enough.  And, of course, Katrina felt that it was all part of some evil plot on Anton's part if the rise in her homicidal rage had been any sort of indication.  It hadn't been much of a surprise at that point when she'd offered to be taught first.  That, of course, had led to Anton making a very simple decision about where her education would start.

So it was that he was waiting for her a good twenty minutes walk away from the hut.  He wanted her seperated so he could deal with her directly and he knew that what he was going to have to do wasn't going to be pleasant.  But, it was going to be necessary if he was going to establish some order and make sure that things could be kept relatively civilised.

Not that it was entirely Katrina's fault.  Apart from whatever there was motivating her, there was also her wolfish side that was going to be fighting for dominance.  Not just over her, but it would lead her to try and assert it on some of those around her, those she felt were threatening.  But, there was going to be a leader to this pack and he was going to be it, otherwise he would not be able to teach her anything.  Hence the pair of staves he had picked out, one resting on his lap as he sat there and the other resting on the ground a dozen paces away.  While they were at it, he'd be able to measure her ability with a weapon and refine it a little once they'd established the teacher and student relationship.

It was awhile before she appeared, but she was about on time so there was no need to quibble.  Instead, he got to his feet and gestured with his stave to the one he'd picked out for her.  "One of the first things a Wolfkin must do is learn how to defend themselves.  Seeing as you've been champing at the bit to take a swing at me since we met, here is your opportunity to show me what you have.  If you can knock me down, you'll get Timewalker for a teacher and you won't have to deal with me again, neither will your sisters.  If you can't, then you're stuck with me."

"Sound fair?"

Anton Averdal

Farpaw

• 2 weeks later...

Katrina tightened the belt she had made our of died porcupine quills and looked around her new quarters. It was small and filled with three beds as they had all decided to stay together but it was a roof over their heads. Although a part of her felt confined and wanted to run the woods and stay far away from the walls. There was some satisfaction in know that she was now sleeping in that bloody Anton's bed, she had made sure she had gotten the present bed before they brought the other beds in. She muttered darkly about him and picked up her bow before walking from the room. She walked out into the woods to where she had been told to meet him and wondered why in the Light they needed to be this far away from the Stedding, it wasn't like anyone was going to be able to attack them with all the wolves around! She saw him standing ahead and watched as he tossed a staff at her. She caught it and crossed her arms over her chest as she waited for him to speak, "One of the first things a Wolfkin must do is learn how to defend themselves.  Seeing as you've been champing at the bit to take a swing at me since we met, here is your opportunity to show me what you have.  If you can knock me down, you'll get Timewalker for a teacher and you won't have to deal with me again, neither will your sisters.  If you can't, then you're stuck with me." She thought on that, she hated being around him, she hated his smug smile and his smell even. It seemed to creep into her senses, and surround her, it made her uncomfortable in a way she didn't want to look at to closely.

If she did this thing than she could avoid him even more than she already was, which was quite a bit. Timewalker was a much nicer person and wouldn't be as pushy as Anton. She really wanted to take a swing at him, he was to smug and she wanted to deck him. "Sound fair?" She nodded slowly and swung the staff into a defensive position, she had been taught by her father, he had believed all his girls should know how to defend themselves. It was really to bad she had frozen when that scum had touched her. She growled low in her throat and felt the anger surge through her. Rena could almost taste the blood as she crushed his jugular and felt the bone snape. A wicked gleam cut through her golden eyes and she dropped her knees, swinging the staff under his legs, hoping to knock him to the ground. He easily jumped over the staff and tried to bring the staff down on her head, she tumbled backward onto her rearend and scrambled to gain her feet before he attacked again...

Katrina

She had some idea of how to use a staff, but for Anton it had been a way of life for many years and it many ways it was still so.  Toying with her at first, he allowed her to believe that she was holding her own, that she was his match.  He wanted her to be full of her pride, her anger, her hatred, all of those negative feelings she had for him.  He let her build up her confidence, and when it seemed to reach its peak, that was when Anton turned the tables on her.

The blows he unleashed were still restrained, yet each blow stuck now.  Where he might have simply tested her stave, he laid into it each time, forcing her to become more and more defensive as he forced her back.  Picking up speed as he forced her back further, his blows began to come faster and faster, each time he hit her stave the impact no doubt traveled towards her hands and wrists.  Each time harder and harder, turning her confidence into panic.

Smashing into her stave just near the inside of her right hand, her right hand couldn't hold it as it slipped from her fingers.  Ducking a swipe launched by her left hand, he swept his stave low to take her feet out from under her even as her attack passed over his head and back.  Catching her behind her left heel, she fell onto her back even as she brought her stave back and held it across her body to protect herself.  It wasn't his staff she needed to fear though as he simply fell ontop of her, his knee landing on her staff as he used his weight to push it back down onto her chest. 

Her arms pinned beneath the staff, he put his stave to her throat and that was the end of it.  She was beaten, and the panic that was coming from her was filling his nose even as other emotions interweaved through of it, most of them responsible for ensuring she didn't fly apart.  Now that he'd established that he could beat her if he wanted to, now was the time to drive the lesson home even as he fixed her with a harder gaze than he'd ever shown around Katrina or her sisters.

"While you're down there, I suggest you listen.  Wolfkin aren't always welcome by people wherever they go, and someday someone is going to jump you.  And do you know what?  They're going to beat you down like this because you thought you knew better than me, that you knew better than everyone else.  Well guess what?  You don't know better, Katrina, and like it or not I am your teacher precisely because I do know better.  If you want to avoid another beating like this, you'll wake up to the fact that maybe you aren't as smart as you think and start learning from the people here to help you.  If not for your sake, then for your sisters because they need these lessons as much as you do if they're ever to have a hope out there.  Got it?!"

The last put a jolt through her, and thats all Anton needed.  Removing his knee, he grabbed the shoulder of her leather jerkin and yanked her to her feet.  He wasn't the biggest man, but a lifetime of thiefcatching and travel had hardened him.  Giving her a shove so she stumbled a few steps back, Anton held his stave before him as he spoke.  "One of the reasons you lost right then is because you tried to simply catch all my blows, I bet your hands hurt like some horn-cursed buggery right now.  You don't always need to catch the blows.  Watch."

Swiping his stave across him, he then swept it up as he bent forward as if underneath some passing object before straightening.  "Instead of catching the blow, you simply alter its course.  If something is slashing across at your head, you swipe upward as you duck, causing it to travel overhead rather than catching it.  If someone tries to hack down at you, you knock it to one side so it passed by your arm.  This is particularly important for fighting someone with a bladed weapon because you can only parry for so long with a stave before the blade bites too deep and snaps your weapon."

"I'll attack, slowly at first then I'll begin to increase my pace as you get better.  I'll pull my blows if they get through so you aren't hurt too badly.  Ready?  Go."  Anton stepped forward and lazily swatted at Katrina with his staff.

Anton Averdal

Farpaw

OOC:  Reactions then take us through the exercise? :)

Suddenly, Anton came at her little a dark shadow, his movements were a blur and she barely managed to defend herself against his rought blows. She had never had anyone fight her like this, her father's leige men has always been aware that she was the heir apparent to her father's land and title and must have been taken it easy on her. She panted and kept moving backward as his blows grew faster and harder in their intensity. She began to panic as she couldn't catch her breath she felt that he was going to break some part of her at any moment. The staff smashed into her wrist and the staff fell from her hand, she gasped in shock and pain and her eyes widened, she swung out with her left hand which still held onto the staff. He managed to duck that blow and before she had a chance to gain her balance he brought the staff under her feet.  She brought the staff across her chest as she hit the ground, she tried to regain her feet but before she could he fell on top of her and put his knee on her staff. His staff came at her throat and she began to whimper, she struggled and tried to lash out in fear.

Last time she had had a man control her she had almost been raped in a dark alley and she was so scared right now. She pushed her fear down, though she could smell it and tried to gain control. Rena refused to show weakness to this man, this enemy. "While you're down there, I suggest you listen.  Wolfkin aren't always welcome by people wherever they go, and someday someone is going to jump you.  And do you know what?  They're going to beat you down like this because you thought you knew better than me, that you knew better than everyone else.  Well guess what?  You don't know better, Katrina, and like it or not I am your teacher precisely because I do know better.  If you want to avoid another beating like this, you'll wake up to the fact that maybe you aren't as smart as you think and start learning from the people here to help you.  If not for your sake, then for your sisters because they need these lessons as much as you do if they're ever to have a hope out there.  Got it?!" She eyed him sourly and wondered how she should take what he was saying, he wasn't really that mad at her, he smelled of control and other things more than anger. He pulled her to her feet and then pushed her back several feet. She breathed slowly through her nose to try and regain control and tried to take in everything he had said to her. The fact that she had been slightly excited by his control over her and his being that close could not show on her face.

"One of the reasons you lost right then is because you tried to simply catch all my blows, I bet your hands hurt like some horn-cursed buggery right now.  You don't always need to catch the blows.  Watch." She watched him silently for a few minutes and then he spoke again, "Instead of catching the blow, you simply alter its course.  If something is slashing across at your head, you swipe upward as you duck, causing it to travel overhead rather than catching it.  If someone tries to hack down at you, you knock it to one side so it passed by your arm.  This is particularly important for fighting someone with a bladed weapon because you can only parry for so long with a stave before the blade bites too deep and snaps your weapon. I'll attack, slowly at first then I'll begin to increase my pace as you get better.  I'll pull my blows if they get through so you aren't hurt too badly.  Ready?  Go."  He hit her with his staff and she tried to remember what he had just showed her, she let the other staff slide along her's to deflect it instead of just trying to knock it away, she twisted her staff the other way to slide his next blow off her staff, and was shocked by exactly how right that felt. Before it had felt like her arms were being knocked around by a plow behind a team of oxen. A glint of admiration came into her eyes and she continued to try and knock each blow away. Some time passed and then she stepped back and leaned on her staff, she was breathing hard and tiring. "Your right, that is so much easier than what I was doing."

Katrina

By the time they were done, they'd worked up a bit of a sweat and Anton was happy with the way that Katrina was beginning to progress.  Not just in her stave work, but by the time they were done there was a different scent that was coming from her, her rebellious feelings against him were subdued.  Not gone entirely, he doubted they would be for a long time, but they were under control now that he'd made his point and shown that he was there to help her, and furthermore could.  With time he could and would build on that, much like he was going to now as they took on the next part of her training.

Unwinding a simple green scarf he'd been wearing, he held it up before him as he spoke.  "The next part of your training is in the senses.  As wolfkin, our senses are enriched by the wolven side of us, yet like all people we are overly reliant on our sense of sight, you may have even noticed it is a bit sharper at night now.  But to focus on the other senses, you need to deny yourself your sight.  I'm going to tie this blindfold on you, then I'm going to take your right hand.  We'll walk for awhile, then when we stop, I'm going to let go of your hand.  Using your sense of touch, taste, hearing and smell, you need to describe as much of what is around you as you can.  You will quickly find that you are aware of more without your sight than you think."

Despite the rising fear in Katrina, she nevertheless held firm as Anton slipped the blindfold onto her.  Taking her hand, he led her slowly and carefully through the wood, aware of the tense fear in Katrina with every step.  After a few minutes, he stopped a few steps before a dead tree and let go of her hand before stepping clear.  As he did so, he said.  "Remember, use all of your available senses.  Describe everything you can."

Anton Averdal

Farpaw

OOC:  Describe the scene as you see fit, make it as you will :)  Try and slip a couple of herbs for your heard section in the list of things you identify.  Healing ones.

Anton walked toward's her and unwound the scarf from around his neck, she tried not to tense up as he got that close to her. It was two things, one she still harbored the horror of being held up against the wall and having a man try and take something precious to her, and two she feared she was attracted to her teacher, which did not help matters, and was something she didn't want. This was the first time in her life she could remember having these feelings and she certainly hadn't felt them for her betrothed.  "The next part of your training is in the senses.  As wolfkin, our senses are enriched by the wolven side of us, yet like all people we are overly reliant on our sense of sight, you may have even noticed it is a bit sharper at night now.  But to focus on the other senses, you need to deny yourself your sight.  I'm going to tie this blindfold on you, then I'm going to take your right hand.  We'll walk for awhile, then when we stop, I'm going to let go of your hand.  Using your sense of touch, taste, hearing and smell, you need to describe as much of what is around you as you can.  You will quickly find that you are aware of more without your sight than you think." The fear threatened to choke her as he put the blindfold around her, but a part of her knew he wouldn't do that, he could have at any point in the past and he hadn't. He took her hand and began to lead her through the woods, she followed him, feeling his warm and calloused hand in her. She didn't remember ever holding hands with a male, she had held hands with her Sisters many times. She focused on that pleasant feeling and that along, she didn't want to freak out and rip the blindfold off in front of him..

She refused to have him look at her as a coward, for she wasn't one. A few mintues passed and suddenly he stopped, he stepped back from her spoke, "Remember, use all of your available senses.  Describe everything you can." Taking a deep breath she tried to let go of the fear of not being able to see, she worked on calming her breathing and then began to become aware of her others senses. "I smell honey, and I can hear the bees buzzing, they aren't close but I can almost taste the honeycomb. There are ants, in a anthill below my feet, I can sense their movement and they are storing things for the coming winter. The tree to the left of me is rotting from inside, I can smell the decay and the rotting bark." She stopped for a moment and took another smell, "I smell Bluewort, it's used to settle stomachs, I should gather some while we are here, I also smell Foxtail, it can be used to make you sleep. There are more, I can smell the roses blooming and I can hear the deer moving through the forrest around us. There are more herbs here, more than one of of them are fatal if used, you can kill people with them. I can also sense the roots growing under the ground, about fifteeen from us there are tubers growing that we can use for dinner tonight." She stopped and waited to see if he would say anything about how she was doing...

Katrina

This was rather...  unexpected.  Either Katrina had held some natural sensitivty to the world around her long before she'd developed her abilities as a Wolfkin, or she'd been clever enough to extrapolate from the limits of her ability thusfar.  Either way, Anton wasn't going to question it, short of her being able to see through a dark blindfold through some sort of Aes Sedai magic, there was no way she could have seen it all so there was no chance of her cheating.  Well, unless she knew where they were from a previous time, but he doubted that too.

Benefit of the doubt.

"Alright, it seems you are well on your way to developing your senses.  Hold still for a moment, I'll get the blindfold off you."  Not that it was necessary for him to do so, she was perfectly capable herself, but it was another way of demonstrating authority and showing that he was trustworthy.  Untying the blindfold and removing it, Anton began to tuck it up one of his sleeves as he spoke.  "Well, the way you identified those plants leads me to believe you have some knowledge in herbs.  So, I want you to gather up a piece of every different thing here and along the trail I'm about to leave."

"I'll leave you to it, follow my trail and meet me at the camp.  There we'll take the time to have a break, then we'll have dinner.  After that, you'll be introduced to the final aspect of your training.  Ah, and while you're at it, make sure you gather a bit of foxtail, we'll need that."  At that, Anton set off at a jog, trusting that Katrina would be able to find her way.

Anton Averdal

Farpaw

OOC:  Well, gather up the foxtail in particular, but a few other herbs as well and follow Anton's trail back to the camp.  Be sure to explain some of the herbs there, like how you'd prepare them etc.  End up with the pair cooking dinner.

Kat waited silently for him to say something, she could feel something from her, or rather she felt like she could smell it, sharp prickles in her nose. She wrinkled her nose up and tried to get a grasp on exactly what emotion she was feeling from him. A part of her wondered if she had done something wrong or if she had shocked him in some way, but that couldn't be true as she had just done what he asked her to and nothing more. "Alright, it seems you are well on your way to developing your senses.  Hold still for a moment, I'll get the blindfold off you." He stepped close to her again and she felt like her breath was clogging in her throat, he was close and she didn't want to freak out again at his touch. He untied the blindfold and even though it was gone from her eyes she opened them slowly to try and show that she was learning to trust him, "Well, the way you identified those plants leads me to believe you have some knowledge in herbs.  So, I want you to gather up a piece of every different thing here and along the trail I'm about to leave." She nodded and looked back at him, then glanced back around her to find the plants she was sure that she had smelled, she recognized a few that she hadn't smelled and she knew she should collect those as well. She wondered if anyone had a herb stand or if she could convince someone to make one for her.

"I'll leave you to it, follow my trail and meet me at the camp.  There we'll take the time to have a break, then we'll have dinner.  After that, you'll be introduced to the final aspect of your training.  Ah, and while you're at it, make sure you gather a bit of foxtail, we'll need that." She watched as he walked away and then she looked around for a piece of wood she could use for culling the herbs, the belief she had and the one she had learned from the books her Mother had packed in her going away bags. You should never pull the whole plant unless there were a large amount around you, leaving some would guarentee that they returned the following year for you to use. She didn't know where she would be next year but she did know that she might be here and for a very long time. After searching for some time she found a piece of bark that she could use for digging and checked her belt knife, she had a large herb pouch on her that she had made while on her journey but she hadn't had a chance to make any other herb gathering tools and she also needed a mortar and pestal.  Walking around she found the heart shapped leaves with blue veins that were Flatwort root. She carefully culled it from the ground and checked to make sure the root was white and milky looking, she looked around and seeing many more in the area she gathered a crop of them and stored them inside the pouch. She knew that she would have to have something to crush it with and also something to dry the leaves on for tea. This was a good herb for keeping you from becoming preganant with a child and that was for sure something she was not ready for.

Next, she looked around and found some of the blue flowers with bright green leaves that were a sign of Bluewort, she carefully checked around and then culled several of the plants. She knew there were several ways to prepare the herb that was used for stomach ailements and she would need something to dry them on. Walking around the tree she found the Foxtail she had been looking for, the plant looked much like a foxtail as it's bushy plant stuck right up in the air, she knew it was good for aiding in sleep and she culled as many as she dared before shs saw some of the herbs she needed to make the sleep infusion work. She picked the dark green leaves with their white underside called Marisin. When she was done with the herbs she found some tubers and potatoes in the ground. She started to walk back to the Stedding and on her way she found some blackberries which she put into a bowl she made out of leaves wrapped together. With that she walked back into the camp and went to find Anton with her findings...

Katrina Candarr

Dinner had been a quick affair, and a lot easier than it had been explaining to Katrina that there was a very legitimate reason why he was seasoning their food with foxtail.  She'd seemed a little incredulous about the idea of them going to a different world, but when he'd pointed out that he'd be sharing the meal with her and going to sleep as well, that had calmed her fears.  That and giving himself an extra dose of the foxtail to make sure that he would sleep longer than her.

That had calmed her a lot more, after all she knew her herbs well enough so she knew that he'd be out of it longer than she was.  Not only was it a way of reassuring her, it was also a way of showing his trust in her not to jump him, like she had done when they had first met.  He was fairly certain she wouldn't, as angry as she was with him, even now he doubted she would do that.  Instead he was content to relax and let himself drift to sleep on his bedroll, even as Katrina began to lay down on hers.  The heavier dose meant he was going to have at least a minute or two on her.

Yet a minute or two was far longer in the dream.  As his surroundings changed, Anton sat up and looked down upon himself, his clothing had decided to appear this time.  Mindful of what had occured with Timewalker, Anton judiciously envisaged a blindfold that he proceeded to wrap about his eyes.  Considering her wariness about him if there was to be a repeat of Timewalker, or himself for that matter, he did not want to upset her by seeing her in such a state.  That would just ruin all the trust he'd attempted to build and possibly ruin his future chances of getting her to open up.  That and it would feel plain lecherous to sneak a peek in such a way.

A gasp told him that he was no longer alone.  "This is the Wolf Dream, Katrina.  Now, before you ask, don't tell me what you're garbed in.  What we're clothed in is how we tend to see ourselves.  If you want to change your clothing, first imagine you have none.  Focus on that and it'll all disappear.  Then look at yourself and imagine, feel each piece of clothing you want on you.  It will appear, just remember that its there as you add the next piece.  When you're dressed as you wish to be, come over and untie my blindfold.  If you want any help, just ask."

Anton Averdal

Farpaw

• 3 weeks later...

They ate quickly and Rena was a little shocked when he explainted why he had had her collect all the foxtail. It was a big stretch to allow a man to drug her into a sleep she couldn't wake up from and it was a measure of how she was growing that she didn't get up and tackle him for saying something like this to her. She actually sat still and thought about it for a few minutes as he explained that he would also be going to sleep with her and she watched him eating the same food she was. He wasn't going to hurt her and she felt the wolves around them would protect them from harm while they slept. He even gave himself a larger dose so he would sleep longer and she recognised that he was trying to get her to trust him. She smiled at him and took deep breath to calm the rest of the way down. This man wasn't the enemy, in fact he was the opposite and just trying to help her get through all of this. She continued to eat her food a little at a time and she eventually finished her food and watched as Anton climbed onto his bedroll and began to go to sleep. Rena quickly followed suit and lay down on her own bedroll, which Anton has instructed her to lay out by the fire earlier.

She yawned again and put her head down on the pillow she had stuffed herself with goose feathers and began to fall into a deep sleep. As she went fully to sleep her surroundings changed, she sat up and glanced around. Anton was sitting near her looking down at his own body and he wore a blindfold. She looked down at herself and saw that she was naked as the day she was born, a gasp popped from her mouth and she looked over at Anton, scrambling to find a way to cover herself.  "This is the Wolf Dream, Katrina.  Now, before you ask, don't tell me what you're garbed in.  What we're clothed in is how we tend to see ourselves.  If you want to change your clothing, first imagine you have none.  Focus on that and it'll all disappear.  Then look at yourself and imagine, feel each piece of clothing you want on you.  It will appear, just remember that its there as you add the next piece.  When you're dressed as you wish to be, come over and untie my blindfold.  If you want any help, just ask." She tried to nod but she was paniking and she didn't know how to make it work, she struggled to do what he said, she didn't have to imagine that she had none, cause that was the case and she was to upset to concentrate. Minutes passed and she began to cry, she couldn't calm down and she didn't know what to do, she was naked and knocked out and there was a man just feet from her that although she was starting to trust him, he was still a man. A sob emited from her mouth and she stammered out, "I.....i ca....n't do...it."

Katrina

• 2 weeks later...

"Its all right, calm down.  Not everyone can get it at first."  Reaching for his blindfold, Anton paused as he remembered the reason he had put it on.  Snatching his hands away as if they'd been burned, Anton frowned.  He hadn't anticipated a problem like this, he'd heard of people struggling with it but none of his own students had encountered problems as such.  "Uh, alright.  How to do this...  First question, are you decent?"

Rena watched as he reached up to grab his blindfold, she shook as she waited for him to open his eyes. She couldn't wake up, she was drugged and stuck in this dream, naked. She shuddered and took more deep gulping breaths as he began to talk she listened to him as he figured out how to do and sobbed loudly, her fear like something rearing and chewing in her throat, desperate to get out.

"Are you alright?  Katrina?!"  No response and Anton couldn't help but fear she'd managed to manifest a nightmare.  Ripping his blindfold off as he got to his feet, a stave materialised in his ha-  "Ah!"  Spinning around so he wasn't looking at her, the stave immediately dissolved to nothing as he cursed.  "Dammit Katrina, sorry!  I thought som-  Nevermind that.  Just hold on a second."  It didn't take long to imagine some basic garments that would roughly fit her, he could have fit them on her directly but that would have required looking at her.  Stepping away from the clothes so he wasn't near them and still not looking at her, he spoke.  "Chuck those on, hurry up."

Katrina watched as suddenly the man in front of her ripped his blindfold off and then with his eyes closed spun around with a staff suddenly in his hands. Her eyes widened in shock, he was ready to protect her, he had thought she was in danger. Her heart flopped over in her chest and she stared at him as suddenly clothes appeared in front of her. She glanced at them and then stood up from her crouched position and began to slide them on, they seemed to be fairly close to her size, they were a little snug in the breasts and hips, apparently he felt her to be shaped like a twig, that probably meant he didn't see her as a female at all. She turned back to him and tried to hold her breath so her breasts didn't pop out of the tunic. "Ok I am decent you can look now."

Turning around as he was bid, Anton frowned, the clothing was a bit tighter than he had expected.  Concentrating, the clothing adjusted itself around Katrina so it fit her a tad better.  "Sorry, I sort of did that in a hurry.  At anyrate, this is what some call Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world, or for us it is simply the Wolf Dream.  Every Wolfkin is capable of coming here, as are the wolves.  There are some others who are capable of reaching the dream without being wolfkin, but they are not important for now."

"Now, the first lesson for anyone here usually is how to clothe themselves.  Your clothes exist on you because of two reasons.  My imagination initially formed them, and then when you took them and put them on, interacted with them, you confirmed their existance in your mind.  You're the one sustaining them.  Here, most things can be formed with your imagination.  Hence why we learn how to clothe ourselves."

"So, we're going to try that lesson again, but we're going to start small.  I want you to try, for example, removing your boots with your mind, simply imagine they no longer exist.  They do not exist if your will does not give them form.  Then I want you to imagine the boots back on, new ones.  I want you to do this with your entire garment until you are wearing whatever it is that you wish to wear."

Turning away, Anton added.  "I'll be looking this way the entire time.  If you need help, just ask for it."

• 2 weeks later...

Anton looked at her top for a moment and then she felt it growing looser on her breasts. She breathed a sigh of relief and took a deeper breath, she had been afraid she was going to pop out of the thing and that was horrifying for her. "Sorry, I sort of did that in a hurry.  At any rate, this is what some call Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world, or for us it is simply the Wolf Dream.  Every Wolfkin is capable of coming here, as are the wolves.  There are some others who are capable of reaching the dream without being wolfkin, but they are not important for now." Kat nodded, it crossed her head that she wondered who else was capable of doing it and that is was a very interesting connection that she gained with the wolves. "Now, the first lesson for anyone here usually is how to clothe themselves.  Your clothes exist on you because of two reasons.  My imagination initially formed them, and then when you took them and put them on, interacted with them, you confirmed their existance in your mind.  You're the one sustaining them.  Here, most things can be formed with your imagination.  Hence why we learn how to clothe ourselves."

Kat blushed for a moment at the thought of what had just happened to them but then focused on what he was saying, she hadn't realized she was maintaining the image of her clothing and had to focus not to lose the image at the shock of those words. "So, we're going to try that lesson again, but we're going to start small.  I want you to try, for example, removing your boots with your mind, simply imagine they no longer exist.  They do not exist if your will does not give them form.  Then I want you to imagine the boots back on, new ones.  I want you to do this with your entire garment until you are wearing whatever it is that you wish to wear. I'll be looking this way the entire time.  If you need help, just ask for it." She nodded and watched as he turned his back on her, she smirked at his back and then focused on her feet, it took her several minutes, but she finally managed to remove her boots until she stood there in bare feet. She then added a pair of marroon colored leather boots with thick stockings and rabbit fur linings of black fur in them. Next she tried her clothing, she worked on that for longer, "Ok I have done the books Anton, I am now working on the clothing." She updated him as she went and started under her undergarments, she imagined herself in a pair of cotton underpants and corset. Next she added a pair of black dyed elk skin pants with metal up the side of them in the shape of wolf heads. Her top was a leather vest in a pale white leather with the same symbol on it. When she finally had the image clear in her mind, she said, "I am done Anton, you can turn around now."

Katrina Candarr

ooc- sorry this took so long James, getting ready for my Cali trip and such. I will be gone from tomorrow until 9/11

• 3 weeks later...

Turning around as Katrina bid her, Anton frowned as he saw what the woman had decided to garb herself in.  It was entirely excessive in his opinion, a Wolfkin carried what they were in their heart, they did not need to wear signs of the wolf upon them.  But, it wasn't his place to tell Katrina how she should or shouldn't dress, if she wanted to wear a garb like that then she could do so.  He just hoped she didn't make a habit of it, especially when she started meeting other Wolfkin in the Wolf Dream.  That and it wasn't particularly practical, though that wasn't so much a concern in the Wolf Dream, it was an automatic consideration for Anton.

But he was thinking on it too much, what he needed to do was continue the lesson and thats what he planend to do.  Shaking his head as if to wake himself, Anton squatted down and looked about on the ground to locate a few rocks.  Freeing them from the ground, Anton stood and placed all the rocks save one in his left hand.  The one that remained in his right he held up for Katrina to look upon.  She had learned how to create and remove her creations from the dream, now she would learn how to transmute what already existed within the Wolf Dream.

"Watch."  Focusing upon the rock, it shimmered and morphed into a quill, then it morphed again into a coin.  Letting Katrina look at it, Anton tossed it away.  It blurred into a rock once more as it rolled across the ground.  Handing the rocks to Katrina, Anton made clear what he wanted her to do.  "You can do the same, all you have to do is imagine that the object is something else.  You can transform just about anything within the Wolf Dream, you just need the force of will to impress your reality upon the object.  You will feel the object flow and shift into the new form you have given it.  Try it, keep working until you've changed each rock.  If you need any help, just ask."

Anton Averdal

Farpaw

OOC:  Take us through it and then I'll run the last part of the dream training :)

She blinked at him as he frowned and wondered what in the Light he had on his mind. If she didn't know better she would say the look on his face was disapproval. She glanced down at her outfit as it flashed into a full suit of armor. Frowning she focused back on what she had been wearing and then looked back at him. No thinking about protecting herself from him or she would be back in armor again or something worse. She watched as Anton squatted down and began examining the ground, she waited silently as he found several things on the ground and then stood up to meet her gaze. He held up a rock for her to see and she focused on it for a moment before gazing back at his face. The fact that she could stand in his presence and look him in the face without growling or blushing was a huge improvement for her from just a few weeks ago. "Watch."  The rock in front of her seemed to shimmer like water shifting and then became a golden feather that was sharpened into a quill. She started in surprise and then almost jumped back as the golden quill became a coin. Rena cocked her head to the side and examined the coin in his hand, it looked just like any other coin, it appeared to be a coin from Cairhein, and looked solid to her.

Anton nodded and then tossed the coin toward the ground, it seemed to shimmer again and then became a rock again, where it rolled away and she could no longer tell it from the other rocks. She brought her eyes back to his and smiled. This should be interesting and informative, she thought. He walked closer to her and she worked on ignoring his scent, she didn't want to lose control of her clothing again. A hand was held out towards hers, in the hand were three rocks. She nodded and took the rocks from his palm and clutched them in her own, they were still warm from his body heat.  "You can do the same, all you have to do is imagine that the object is something else.  You can transform just about anything within the Wolf Dream, you just need the force of will to impress your reality upon the object.  You will feel the object flow and shift into the new form you have given it.  Try it, keep working until you've changed each rock.  If you need any help, just ask." She smiled at him and looked at the rock in front of her, she imagined it to be a sugarcake, it shimmered for a moment and then returned to the form of a rock. Rena wrinkled her nose in disgust and cleared her mind, keeping nothing in my but that cake. It took her several attempts but she finally got the trick of it. Looking at the cake, she imagined it to be a horseshoe and suddenly her hand was weighed down with a metal horseshoe...

Katrina Candarr