DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Verin Mathwin - aka my favorite tower Aes'Sedai

Shawlee

What do you guys think of Meera Syal as Verin Mathwin ?

I love the actor and she's been my headcanon for last few years now. I don't know how I connected her with Verin, but i think i saw some speculation online and as soon as I saw her I was sold. To me she is the perfect blend of motherly(remember the guy who told her eyes reminded him of his mother 😅?) and mysterious.

Also, as I have been picturing Shohreh as Cadsuane, and as they're both from Far Madding, picturing another brown woman as Verin made sense to me. It has been a delight to see her and Tomas on screen, however short a time 🙄 (thanks Rafe, not). 

What do you think of her as Verin? 

Verin-casting.jpg

4 hours ago, Shawlee said:

What do you guys think of Meera Syal as Verin Mathwin ?

I love the actor and she's been my headcanon for last few years now. I don't know how I connected her with Verin, but i think i saw some speculation online and as soon as I saw her I was sold. To me she is the perfect blend of motherly(remember the guy who told her eyes reminded him of his mother 😅?) and mysterious.

Also, as I have been picturing Shohreh as Cadsuane, and as they're both from Far Madding, picturing another brown woman as Verin made sense to me. It has been a delight to see her and Tomas on screen, however short a time 🙄 (thanks Rafe, not). 

What do you think of her as Verin? 

Verin-casting.jpg

The Verin pacing has been about perfect, to much and the big reveal will become to obvious. What I am hoping the TV show gives us that the book didn’t is a chance to see the horrible choices she has to make to convince the shadow she was one of them. I think we are going to see her kill her own sister as part of that maybe, so far my wife, a non book reader, absolutely loves her so I think the roller coaster ride that can be made of her story will come across far far better then it did in the books. 

I also hope they handle the big final reveal to egwene much much much better then it is in the books where it is all very much a bit part to the big story of Egwenes trial and the tower being divided and then attacked. I always felt she was done dirty by BS. 

Edited by Scarloc99

3 hours ago, Yamezt said:

I don't believe I've come across Meera Syal much. The only show I can think of is the movie Beautiful Thing where she played a very caustic sarcastic teacher.

I like her as Verin though.

She is a staple on British TV, as both an amazing comedic actor and in some great serious roles. I suggest looking at her credits on Wikipedia and adding some of them to your watch list generally. 

• 2 weeks later...